• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bridge - to be or not?

F

feath

From my current work in progress...

i'd like a bridge here, but not sure if this is working. maybe its just to 'heavy'? i wanted a clean, classical aire about this room. just get rid of it, or make it something 'feathery'?

help please!

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
beautiful room, Feath, and if it was me, unless the goza are needed to access something there, I would lose them... but that's just me :)

F

feath

hum, that would make it cleaner and less cluttered - but then would it continue to look like a bridge, or just a lot of piled up wood?

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
welp, would look like a very nice arrangement of shelves for item display.... to me, anyway :thumbsup:

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How about something like this?

Its a lot more compact, you can walk over it and its possible to stack items either side if you wanted to keep the benches or make hand rails :)

F

feath

can you show me how to make that? it seems a variation of the turning staircase.

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here you go:

Risso's Stairs

Step One:

First decide on the layout of the stairs. Here I've used blue tiles to indicate where I will be placing normal steps. Note there must always be a 2 tile space between the first and second step.

Step Two:

Place the first steps at either end, using teleporters to cut the stairs as you would with a spiral staircase.

Step Three:

Place a set of stairs at each end going crossways to the first sets (either the first or second tile along, depending on the height of your next step)

Step Four:

Place the next step at either end - note you may have to cut the stairs one at a time, as there is not enough room in the middle 3 tiles to place all of the necessary teleporters. Afterwards, delete the steps going crossways to delete the bottom of the stairs.

Step Five:

Place the teleporters to cut the 'flat' part of the bridge to the south or whichever way you would like the flat part of the wall to be facing, then place the stairs and cut to the desired height.

Step Six:

Repeat the above step for any remaining flat sections.

Step Seven:

Commit the design, then stand on the 'flat' part of the bridge. Use a square goza and target yourself so that it is placed at your feet, then raise it however high you would like.

Step Eight:

Stand back and admire your handiwork :)

Let me know if you need any more help with it :)