• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[General] Bribery Guide?

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there a way of predicting how a BOD will be improved based on bribery price? I remember being rather good with bribery before I took an extended break and now I seem to have lost my mojo :(

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It follows the murphy system. The software reads your mind, and improves it the least helpful way.
:shots:

In all seriousness, every time I think I know what it's doing, something changes. The cost typically is based on the use of the NPC for bribes, and the existing level of the BOD's 3 properties. Larges cost more than smalls, exceptionals more than normal. I wish the bribe values reflected which property was going to be raised, but I don't think that gets determined until after you drop the BOD on them.

I think it gives a color change (if possible) more weight, then normal/exceptional, then the count.

Personally, I'd prefer the order reversed, for some skills.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I wish they would let us chose how to bribe it up.
Ex: leather 10 Normal
be able to chose to take it to 15 Exceptional or Spined

I have used two of the same bods one I was trying to go to 15 (went to exceptional)
a few days later tried taking one to exceptional but it went to the 15 instead