• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Brewing speculation?

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Any thoughts? Cooking, taste ID, alchemy? Plants and resources? I am gonna start training a character on Siege in anticipation.

S

soulstoner

Any thoughts? Cooking, taste ID, alchemy? Plants and resources? I am gonna start training a character on Siege in anticipation.
  • I'm thinking ... grow hops --- lots & lots of hops :pint: hehe
  • where to get the barley & malt ......??????
  • maybe mining some sand for special pint bottles
  • gonna need a big vat

taste ID could actually be fun
fun speculation

Happy Springtime Kelmo :)

TullyMars

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
taste ID could actually be fun
First they (the devs) have to figure out how to let you above 75.0 skill through normal methods.
Right now without the satyr trick or SoT's, you cannot gain past this level as everything is, according to the crystal ball of knowledge, "too easy" to even attempt a skill gain check.

*heads off to the twisted weald to GM Taste ID post-haste*

Hunters' Moon

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Any thoughts? Cooking, taste ID, alchemy? Plants and resources?
I have added taste ID to my cook/alchemist. As for plants,I am collecting hops and sugarcane seed. Hopefully we will be able to make rum,hence the sugar.

T-Hunt

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Brewing seems to be like alchemy.
So all you can do with this is make booze? with your name on it or a name you pick to call it?

If so its a waste of time on the devs part, use your time to fix other things.
I see this new thing lasting maybe a few weeks tops , before people get borred and shelve it along with pirate hunting..

Now if they added alchemy and brewing together some way. that may be different.

Make it so your potions last longer or are stronger with brewing uo potions.
Or adding a certain drink you made to a potion gives you a upgrade.

Dont just add brewing so you can see your name on a bottle, sorry but thats just lame ass lazyness on devs part , trying to get player to stay in UO.

The devs should come to the forums and ask players what they like to see, not take some wild ass guess and wonder wtf after when players pancake about something they add.

Well thats my two cents for now..just hope it turns out to be beter then what there saying..

Hunters' Moon

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"The devs should come to the forums and ask players what they like to see, not take some wild ass guess and wonder wtf after when players pancake about something they add."

We have been asking for player brewing for years and years. I,for one,am on the edge of my seat awaiting the time I can do my own UO brewing. I,and many others,want this.So much so that I have turned my plot into a sugarcane and hops field.

Are you one of the ones that insist that if an addition isn't PvP-centric,that should not be introduced into the game?

aoLOLita

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looking forward to Distillery:)

What has me wondering is what and from who/where the stealable item will come from?

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looking forward to Distillery:)

What has me wondering is what and from who/where the stealable item will come from?

I'm really hoping this isn't going to end up like the academical books, where only a few can get it, and the rest of us gotta wait til certain 'users' have their fill. Something more like monster stealing would be far, far better.

S

soulstoner

If so its a waste of time on the devs part, use your time to fix other things.
I see this new thing lasting maybe a few weeks tops , before people get borred and shelve it along with pirate hunting..

Now if they added alchemy and brewing together some way. that may be different.

Make it so your potions last longer or are stronger with brewing uo potions.
Or adding a certain drink you made to a potion gives you a upgrade.

Dont just add brewing so you can see your name on a bottle, sorry but thats just lame ass lazyness on devs part , trying to get player to stay in UO.

The devs should come to the forums and ask players what they like to see, not take some wild ass guess and wonder wtf after when players pancake about something they add.

Well thats my two cents for now..just hope it turns out to be beter then what there saying..
Interesting points,

You did invoke concern regarding the brewed product kewelness &/or usefulness as I painfully reflect back to choclatiering
*aCTUALLY A rANT NOT A qUOTE: :rant2:*...that I hate to be reminded of choclatiering ..... after amassing gobs of paragon 'choclate ingredients' that don't stack - maybe some more precious than others :confused: :thumbsup: for my chef in anticipation to cookin' up some nifty buff-bites (like what the fish pies were designed to do - but I can't catch those fish after a decent amount of frustrating devotion and bug bites & math) or something chocolaty useful to enhance some style of game play. But at crafting merely 1 of each of da 3 little choclate poop options ... that was 'choclatiering' & it was uber disappointing never to be done again.... moop
Your idea of opening up a suggestion thread at one stop shop for short period on a given topic is good - it'd take an elevated effort of moderating I'm sure to keep it meaningful. That would be the most streamlined method to sincerely solicit ideas on a open floor approach. For many folks out 'there' the official feedback spot is located on the uohearald site [http://www.uoherald.com/feedback]- - - It'd haftah have a menu option for [ideas - Suggestions] or something to sift rants out though.

*muse* Open feed back like an IBM style or TQM based management is a philosophy that exists or does not - merely asking with no intent to utilize is just a waste of everyone's time. It takes a dedicated pool of resources that - without a true hearted philosophy of end user input, will not be available.

Good notion involving the alchemy.

We still dig pirate hunting (w/ Ventrilo & couple adult pops) - but the miners need a break from sp mining every so often so that keeps it in check which was good design edit from feedback it seems.

The brewing news & speculation from hints has launched renewed effort of working thieving up s'more - in competition style with buddy.:thumbsup:

hAPPY dAY !

Hunters' Moon

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am disappointed that sacks of sugar will not be used in the making of any rums. Otherwise,I am happy with the way the distillery system has been set up.

*Stows away 300 sacks of sugar*

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Has anyone discovered whether or not it matters what a character's skills are when brewing? Does it help to have a GM Chef, and does skill in Taste ID have any affect? (I have a GM Chef, but no skill in Taste ID).

Also, if choosing the option to mark the finished product, does that over-ride the mark of the character who originally made the kegs (if different from the character doing the brewing)?

Any feedback would be very welcome. :)

Never mind... I found the answers after making my first batches. Brewing is cool. :)

T

Tuchman

Just asking I bought two of the upgrades to get raised beds and stills, my acount shows that I have pruchased but does not show as enabled.