• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Breaking deeded items doesn't work any more?

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm trying to redecorate my house and the broken soulforge I had placed no longer remains after house customisation, even after making sure to lock it down. It happened with the original soulforge, and now again with a replacement. Is anyone else experiencing this or know of a workaround?

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
How soon after you locked it down did it disappear when you remodeled and it disappeared?

My experience was I had to relock everything down that I had broken before I customized again in order to assure it stayed. Not sure if tha'ts still the case or not.

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It disappears as soon as I enter customisation mode, it's happened with 3 soulforges now. Not happy, this 'simple' remodeling has turned into a complete house renovation as I can no longer use a smaller soul forge and I just transferred my small soul forge deed off the shard :(

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Am I crazy or are raised gozas being deleted after customisation as well? I should have about 20 in my moving crate but instead theres only one.

Lord Lew

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You do know that these items were not intended to be broken, so complaining that they delete themselves after customization is rather funny..

Lord Lew

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Naa, if you knew me, you would know I'm not a troll. And finding a way around game mechanics has a term, it's called exploiting. Yes I know your doing it for deco, but it's still circumventing the mechanics of the game for your desired effect. Some use the rational in pursuit of finding ways to Cheat the system, others to design their home. Where do you draw the line is the question. Usually when something starts to happen, ie: your vanishing items, it's a direct result of a change to fix or counter an exploit. It's why we have house tools now instead of deeds, moongates to fel instead of moonstones, and the cohesion message for gates to name a few. So before calling me a Troll, think for a second. Ask yourself, Why is this occurring just now?

Lord Lew

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not really a complaint, just highlighting the issue since lots of people use gozas and raised items as part of their house designs. Some people like to find cool ways to use the space in their homes efficiently, other people like to troll threads I guess :)
Btw, my reply was to your broken soul forge, not your raised items.

Rimeny

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm with Risso on this one, being creative with deco is one of the great things in UO. The stone kitchens for example. The soul forge was always a nightmare due to its size....not everyone can afford the millions for the small one..

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well that's rather scarey and annoying. I was thinking of redoing one of my houses but didn't want to lose my REALLY expensive forge.... now I'm going to just leave it alone.

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I can test this on Origin or Siege tonight to see - just need to get my tailoring on Siege up to test it.

Morgana Grim

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The raised goza have been going to moving crate for me. You probably did, but check to see if they are stacked on top of each other. Another twist to the goza mat issue I noticed, is when they go to moving crate they become "unknown". When "unknown" I've noticed you are not able to place a deeded item on top of them any longer.
**Note** These observances were made prior to the last patch. I haven't gone into custom mode in my house since around the beginning of Oct because of ending up with unknown/unusable goza mats every time. Having no tailor it is very annoying. I can only imagine your annoyance with the soulforge issue as well.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
For breaking items don't use the plain one tile no border Goza's..... they have been broken for awhile now..... just use the old brocade goza mats..... they still work and don't turn into an "unknown" deed.

kitiara-atlantic

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I experienced this yesterday with the stone kitchen counters. I made a new house design, installed stone counters (with broken stone tables), locked down each piece, and lost them all when I went back into customization mode. I repeated the entire process, thinking maybe I missed locking the pieces down... nope. They vanished.

Locking down broken pieces no longer seems to prevent them from disappearing upon customization.

Kelly Daze

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I placed some gozas today for the staircase I finished the staircase and want to set the gozas and test it out. So I set them and raised them. Then went back to finish customizing the house. After I was finished for the moment, the gozas were gone but I find them in the moving crate. So I guess I will have to completely finish the house and then place the goza mats.