• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Brand New & Have Questions

G

Hello Sims Online Community!
Well as an avid fan of the Sims 2, I was thrilled when I found out that they had an online version. I realize I must have been sleeping under a rock as from what I understand this game has been around for quite awhile haha! So here is my question.

I just registered for the free 14 day trial and also purchased a 90 day game card time code. Both have been applied to my account. I contacted EA and apparantly the only way to register for this game is currently through the trial. Quite frankly I'd have no problems paying for my subscription now, anyways, after much reading it seems the free trial accounts are going to become free play account which are very restrictive. Since I have my 90 day paid time card code activated on my account, should I just not play the game for 14 days and wait for the time card to kick in or is there a way for me to bypass the restricted free account and just get the paid portion working so that I can have full access to the game?

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my question. I appreciate your response.

P.S. Does this game work well with Vista?

I

imported_Gracie Nito

EA is currently changing the free trial program. Playing by free trial will cease to exist soon. Once the change takes place, I am sure new subscribers can instantly subscribe, pay and receive full access.

I do not believe there is a way to bypass the free trial period at this time. Probably why it is being discontinued.

G

Thank you Gracie! So I guess I'm wondering, since my 90 day paid time card code is active on my account, when they get rid of all trial accounts (when is that supposed to happen?) my paid time card will automatically kick in?

I

imported_Phoenix_Rising

If you added the 90 day game time code to your account, your account will be all set to play.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

If they do not set your account as a full active subscriber with morning maintenance tomorrow, I would think they 90 day card does not take affect until your 14 free days are done.

However, watch your in game sim bio over the next few days. It may change from visitor to subscriber with scheduled servermaintenance. There may just be a delay caused by getting updates from accounting into the game.

G

I would go ahead and apply your time card. It takes a few days to activate anyway, from what others have said they experienced. This may put you ahead of the curve....or not...I am not sure.

Unfortunately, information about how the new Free Accounts will work has been a bit sketchy, so we can't really tell you how they transition into paid accounts, or how the Free Trials will be converted.

Everything is in a bit of flux right now.
=========
If all else fails, you can call Customer Service and talk to someone about your account status.

Inside the United States and Canada: dial 1-866-543-5435

Outside the United States and Canada: dial 650-628-4306

Or send a PM to Parizad, our community rep.
=========

G

Oh okay! So there is supposed to be maintenance tomorrow which may automatically kick in my 90 day time card code? That would be great if that happened. I'd really like to have full access to the game and start working on a sim. I don't want to start working on sim right now though since everything is in the process of being moved around. I did try to get into EA Land today and I got that error that it's only for paid subscribers.

Also, I'm not sure what someone meant about check my status for visitor to be changed to subscriber... where do I find that? On my EA.com account information, it shows I'm currently subscribed to the Sims Online.

P.S. Gilly, it shows my time card code listed under my free trial on my EA.com account, so I'm not sure by what you mean when you said go ahead and apply the time card. If there is anyway I can bypass the trial in order to become a paid subscriber, I would absolutely be all for it!

G

Call Customer Service.

My bad on the time card, I though you had it but had not activated it, yet.

G

Well I spoke to customer service and all I was told was that the reason I couldn't get into EA Land was because it was currently in beta testing...

I'm guessing maybe the best thing to do at this point is see what happens after server maintenance tomorrow? I'm guessing that's when they're going to work on the trial accounts?

G

There has/is a bug with some subscribers getting into EA-Land....maybe that is what they meant?

Yeah....I would wait until Friday....everything is up in the air right now, and they are scheduled to do more changes today.

G

Yay! *hugs Gilly* I appreciate it! I'll wait until Friday then. You think, given the info I've posted, I'll have a good shot at having full access with them removing trial accounts and me having the 90 day time card code?

Oh and where do you find when they do maintenance and what the maintenance consists of?