• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Brainstorm New Guild Pages: What Info Is Needed?

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Stratics will soon offer free, user-managed guild pages. But I need your help brainstorming what types of information fields that guilds need.

For example, I have a multiple-selection field for guilds to identify what shard or shards they're active on. There's also a "Description" field, where they can enter general information, as well as an "External URL" field, where they can link to an outside website.

What other fields are needed? What information do you need to know before joining a guild? What information do you want to communicate to potential recruits?

By the way, expected features include:
  • Branding: profile cover, avatar, banner, vanity URL (e.g., stratics.com/community/guilds/MYGUILDNAME)
  • Tabs: Information, Members, Photos, Files, Additional Tabs
  • Walls: Public Wall (recruitment), Member-Only Wall, Leader-Only Wall
  • Privacy Options: open (anyone can join), closed (must apply to join), secret (invitation-only); who can post, and whether new posts require approval

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
This is going to be a great thread! :thumbup:

I'm not a guild leader and am not too sure about what might be needed. One bit of information that would help, though, is whether or not membership is race-specific (and, if so, under what conditions exceptions may be allowed), such as with our goblin guild on Chesapeake.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
So, maybe a "Membership Requirements" field?

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is an awesome addition to stratics. Helpful in so many ways, from perspective or returning players being able to look at the guilds available to begin a search for "the right guild" to managing a large guild. An easy to place to list a guild calender, schedule, information, rank & member status, without having to run a serparate webpage.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Ha. I think we'll let people discover that for themselves. :)

The features we have out of the box are mentioned above. Folks will be able to sort by PvM, PvP, or RP.

Calendars and ranks are something the addon author is working toward, but we don't have it quite yet. Great suggestions, though!

Armand de Romanus

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
once u get that added on hopefully 1 for each shard, get rid of the shard calendar forums please. hardly anyone really uses those cuz u got them on lock down but the main uo events isnt on lockdown, that baffles me!

cant we just consolidate & use the 1 calender forum w/ a shard prefix? that way we can filter by the prefixes, but also see other shard events when unfiltered. also could u add a prefix for em events, like [castkills-em] in addition to [castkills] that way we can also filter using the prefix? or if u can have 2 prefixes, [castkills][em]? that way we can filter just by em events for all shard.