• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bracelets of Binding

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do players use these? What are some situations in which you would want to use them? Thanks in advance

T

Tazar

Not very often...

They can be good for when a newer player that you are teamed with gets lost...

They can be good in super-rare situations (When Blackrock first came out, we used it to blow a person through the wall to the Brit Throne - then he self ressed, grabbed his corpse, then started bringing the guild through with bracelets. We had a fun party!

I am sure the RP'ers can find some uses and I know of at least one use in running a player-run event.

Any others?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Not very often...

They can be good for when a newer player that you are teamed with gets lost...

They can be good in super-rare situations (When Blackrock first came out, we used it to blow a person through the wall to the Brit Throne - then he self ressed, grabbed his corpse, then started bringing the guild through with bracelets. We had a fun party!

I am sure the RP'ers can find some uses and I know of at least one use in running a player-run event.

Any others?
Thats very creative lol never thought of that!

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone knows, if those can be imbued?
The problem with those bracelets is ... that they occupy the bracelet slot of your armour. So usually it is better to wear one with stats on it.
I always wonder, if you can use the bracelet teleport to reach a player, who actually is in an non-recall area (like Illshenar or a fel dungeon/champ area).

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I always wonder, if you can use the bracelet teleport to reach a player, who actually is in an non-recall area (like Illshenar or a fel dungeon/champ area).
Seems to me I tested that once with a character in Ilshenar and one in Trammel and they wouldn't work. I suspect they probably follow the same rules as pet summoning balls, so they won't work when inside places such as faction strongholds, the Abyss, Sanctuary, etc.

Tetricyde

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I probley shouldnt mention this but we used to use these to steal items from players.. We'd find a player that had an item un-insured in tram and give them the bracelet and make up a story about what they did... then we'd go to fel and tell them to use it...

...It'd bring them right to us and we could easily steal the item we wanted then we'd run off... :mf_prop:

Creativty is the key to success...

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
These bracelets do not work in locations where recalling is not allowed (Felucca dungeons, Ilshenar). Other than that, they can be handy if you have a companion you often want to meet. Both hve the bracelet in their backpack, linked to each other. On demand, put on the bracelet and your companion can teleport right to your current location.

Schuyler Bain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
These must have come in while I was on a break sometime in the past. Cap'n Pike mentioned "putting them on" so my question is will these work while in your pack or do they need to be worn by both parties before they work? I assume that if they were causing a real problem people would be talking about them and I also assume that if they were really that useful people would be talking about them.

UO Guide Entry: http://www.uoguide.com/Bracelet_of_Binding

Bracelets of Binding are dropped as uncommon loot by Solen Queens. Once "linked" to another bracelet, they may be used to teleport a player wearing one linked bracelet to the location of another.

The bracelets must be recharged on occasion using Translocation Powder. There is no known limit to the number of charges they can have at any given time (300+ at least, be wary about dropping your entire pile of powder onto them), and it is also unknown as to whether they become "saturated" like Bags of Sending.

I've never actually used these bracelets, but I have collected quite a few players dropped around the bank. I'm unsure on whether a wearer can "summon" another player, or if the control belongs to the one to be teleported.

There's also bound to be rules about which regions the bracelets actually work in. They'd likely be much more popular if they could drag players from the safety of the bank into an active Peerless battle... Or pull them out of the Feluccan Lost Lands. Though for all I know that's possible.

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They can be imbued. I saw a pair go up for auction not too long ago. I may try to test out a few things with them. FYI they can hold up to 999 charges. I saw someone powder them up that high on accident. :)

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
These must have come in while I was on a break sometime in the past. Cap'n Pike mentioned "putting them on" so my question is will these work while in your pack or do they need to be worn by both parties before they work?
I'm pretty sure both parties must have them equipped at the same time in order for them to work.

S

Stupid Miner

Anyone knows, if those can be imbued?
The problem with those bracelets is ... that they occupy the bracelet slot of your armour. So usually it is better to wear one with stats on it.
They can be imbued just fine, hold up to 999 charges (infinitely rechargeable?)
Can't use them to teleport into non-recall zones. Pretty much any thing that prevents recall prevents the bracelets. (including "Heat of Battle")

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
These must have come in while I was on a break sometime in the past. Cap'n Pike mentioned "putting them on" so my question is will these work while in your pack or do they need to be worn by both parties before they work? I assume that if they were causing a real problem people would be talking about them and I also assume that if they were really that useful people would be talking about them.

UO Guide Entry: http://www.uoguide.com/Bracelet_of_...lling restrictions, so they won't work there.

R

Russell123

thanks TAZAR i never thought about it before. its very interesting