• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

BOYCOTT ALL TREE FARMS!

C

Cruz Cavera

<blockquote><hr>

Seen this post from Luc....

"This does not mean that the payout for the skill objects will continue to decrease. They are very low at the moment because of the war against the bots. I believe our latest weapon will be in place this week, and if that is the case, I will be able to raise the payouts again."

We are at war with the Bots....damn I feel like I am in a Terminator movie!

[/ QUOTE ]

Really.. I can't wait til this is fixed and the botters how to work for their money.. What will they do then?

C

calvinscreeksim

<blockquote><hr>

Why are we letting him do this OVER AND OVER AND OVER. He is still in control.. getting rich from this games faults.

[/ QUOTE ]

Everyone knows who that is, everyone knows he has created things/said things/done things, the devs know who he is...problem is that man still owns a very large portion of accounts. If the kibosh is instilled on that user how will the game get back those accounts? I mean its obvious the exploit ruined everything, it is also apparent that botters run fruit farms as well (no not all), but its also fact that there is not nearly as many accounts left in the game and currently more and more are being cancelled due to the lack of work being done on anything except plans on how to get EA's pockets filled a little bit quicker. IMO trees are the least of the worries right now.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

Seen this post from Luc....

"This does not mean that the payout for the skill objects will continue to decrease. They are very low at the moment because of the war against the bots. I believe our latest weapon will be in place this week, and if that is the case, I will be able to raise the payouts again."

We are at war with the Bots....damn I feel like I am in a Terminator movie!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hope that is "bots" as in botters and not bots as in what people are making and not being paid for at the factory. If the latter, no wonder payouts at the factory are dropping. It is war, Luc doesn't want you making more bots!

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Why are we letting him do this OVER AND OVER AND OVER. He is still in control.. getting rich from this games faults.

[/ QUOTE ]

Everyone knows who that is, everyone knows he has created things/said things/done things, the devs know who he is...problem is that man still owns a very large portion of accounts. If the kibosh is instilled on that user how will the game get back those accounts? I mean its obvious the exploit ruined everything, it is also apparent that botters run fruit farms as well (no not all), but its also fact that there is not nearly as many accounts left in the game and currently more and more are being cancelled due to the lack of work being done on anything except plans on how to get EA's pockets filled a little bit quicker. IMO trees are the least of the worries right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, you are saying the devs are being dishonest with us, and their actual motive is to ensure the botters and exploiters, at least those with multiple accounts, stay in the game to keep the game alive?

C

calvinscreeksim

<blockquote><hr>

So, you are saying the devs are being dishonest with us, and their actual motive is to ensure the botters and exploiters, at least those with multiple accounts, stay in the game to keep the game alive?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not oblivious to the fact that the team is trying to curb the botters by lowering payouts right now lol. I was just mentioning how that player which everyone knows, has done this same activity since trees have been avaliable, and before that when ebay was avaliable. Its not like they are completely unaware of 1 user with 100+ accounts lol.

R

ryotgrrl13

interesting where this went while i was gone...bots SUCK and should DIE!

T

turtleface

What player which everyone knows? I don't understand. I'm just a poor noob.
And I hate the big tree farms, because it seems unfair to me.
Those 200 trees give them a massive, massive massive advantage over me, and lots of other people- it's a million times easier for them to keep their skills high and make lots and lots and lots of money than it is for me, and there is no possible way for me to bridge that gap in advantage in a reasonable way [ paying for 50 accounts or so and waiting two years or whatever isn't reasonable]. So it's very disheartening.
In a game, huge advantages are supposed to come from spending a lotof time playing, usualy in the form of leveling up, gaining skills, etc, so that everyone has the same potential for advantages. So it's fair, and it's fun, and seeing the people with big advantages is something that makes you want to play and acheive the same thing, rather than think 'hey!!! not fair!!!'
But with these giant tree farms, we do not all have the potential to acheive that, do we? If someone can explain to me a way in which I or anyone else could go about working towards having a giant tree farm without paying for an unreasonable amount of accounts, please explain it to me, and i'll be fine with it. otherwise, they piss me off and i think that some of their precious trees should be taken away

G

<blockquote><hr>

Those 200 trees give them a massive, massive massive advantage over me, and lots of other people- it's a million times easier for them to keep their skills high and make lots and lots and lots of money than it is for me, and there is no possible way for me to bridge that gap in advantage in a reasonable way [ paying for 50 accounts or so and waiting two years or whatever isn't reasonable]. So it's very disheartening.
In a game, huge advantages are supposed to come from spending a lotof time playing, usualy in the form of leveling up, gaining skills, etc, so that everyone has the same potential for advantages. So it's fair, and it's fun, and seeing the people with big advantages is something that makes you want to play and acheive the same thing, rather than think 'hey!!! not fair!!!'
But with these giant tree farms, we do not all have the potential to acheive that, do we? If someone can explain to me a way in which I or anyone else could go about working towards having a giant tree farm without paying for an unreasonable amount of accounts, please explain it to me, and i'll be fine with it. otherwise, they piss me off and i think that some of their precious trees should be taken away

[/ QUOTE ]

well first they've probably been playing the game 5+ years longer then you have. Second they have had a 5 year head start on buying/trading and reselling items to gain those items. Looking at yoyr age here you're not even 1 mnonth yet.

So why don't you please explain to me why somewone new like you should have just as much as them in what barely a months time? There's no advatage that they have except for having 5+ years longer playing time. Anyone here could have just as much as this one person, but maybe they weren't willing to invest as much as that person did? If they're wiling to put out their cash for that much game stuff then who cares.

G

They played fair and square, got their trees, and they can sell them for however much they wish to. If you don't like it, go somewhere else. It's called supply and demand, and I believe it's been around for a while.

How would you feel if you played for two years then were limited to what you could do with them?

tl;dr: People aren't going to boycott something because you can't afford it.

T

turtleface

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

well first they've probably been playing the game 5+ years longer then you have. Second they have had a 5 year head start on buying/trading and reselling items to gain those items. Looking at yoyr age here you're not even 1 mnonth yet.

So why don't you please explain to me why somewone new like you should have just as much as them in what barely a months time? There's no advatage that they have except for having 5+ years longer playing time. Anyone here could have just as much as this one person, but maybe they weren't willing to invest as much as that person did? If they're wiling to put out their cash for that much game stuff then who cares.

[/ QUOTE ]

I certainly didn't mean to imply that i should have all the same stuff as someone who's been playing for years... what i meant what sort of the opposite. if you're saying that i or any other noob could build up 200 or so trees with one or two accounts, and lots of time and hard work, then that's enough to make me happy.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I certainly didn't mean to imply that i should have all the same stuff as someone who's been playing for years... what i meant what sort of the opposite. if you're saying that i or any other noob could build up 200 or so trees with one or two accounts, and lots of time and hard work, then that's enough to make me happy.

[/ QUOTE ]
NOIP
The bottom line is this:
1.) The owning of many trees is not against the ToS; neither is selling the fruit.
2.) As long as people deliver the advertised product/service at the advertised price, and conduct themselves within the rules of the game - nobody else has a say.

Patronize them or don't.

J

JessicaMcPherson

I miss the fruit farms in DG. It's hard enough to to skill with EA Land now, but impossible without a fruit farm open.

G

<blockquote><hr>

NOIP
The bottom line is this:
1.) The owning of many trees is not against the ToS; neither is selling the fruit.
2.) As long as people deliver the advertised product/service at the advertised price, and conduct themselves within the rules of the game - nobody else has a say.

Patronize them or don't.

[/ QUOTE ]

O

ozzynowgone

sounds to me like someone has a issue with someone being a better gamer than they are and wants ppl to not go to 1 certain person to try to better themselves if that person as you say has hundreds of trees must be a way that person got them they dont breed you know so that erson got them and uses them to provide a service that ppl are willing to pay for now if you arent willing to pay for that service fine then dont go to that person but stop whining about it on here

G

Just hittin' reply, Katheryne...I picked your reply link cuz you have a pretty siggy lol

(Man, one of these days I'm gonna open a sock puppet account called Reply, just to post stuff like "STOP HITTING ME!")

(And no I didn't read all four pages of the thread lolz)

Number of trees somebody hacked into Maxis's computers to replicate in the game: 0
Number of trees someone pressed ctr-alt-t 3,568 times to create one tree (1 in 1000 chance): 0
Number of trees someone stole from a shopping lot when the owner went AFK: 0

Basically, every single tree in the game was earned by someone getting their account to 24 months or payments. What they did with those trees at that point is their own business.

Thanks to the whiners who couldn't think of a more equitable solution, they're already wipping EVERYONE'S money across the board, cheaters and legit players alike. So once that's done, no one will be able to buy trees without having legit money, either earned or bought from EA.

Ah, but what about those that currently have trees bought with "counterfeit" funds who will then get to keep those trees in EALand? Well what would you suggest? We wipe all the TREES, too? That's REALLY going to piss of a LOT of folks who've not only never cheated, but who's only trees are the one's they earned on multiple accounts, or got as gifts from friends who knew better than to continue playing this game lol

I mean, that's only fair. Since SOME of those trees were bought with cheated money, we need to get rid of ALL the trees. Especially since it's no skin off your nose what with your lack of a tree.

But say, why stop at trees? Isn't it "no fair no fair" that everyone has a robo-dog but you? So let's wipe those too.

Heck, let's just wipe all the inventories, period. And blow up folks's lots, since private property is such a disgusting idea anyway.

Why, it's certaintly "not fair" that some folks have more skills than others.

So let's get one of those equalizing devices from The Sneetches story, and level the playing field: Just wipe the whole damn game, and see if anyone wants to bother starting over.

I don't get why it bothers folks so much what their neighbor owns, either in this game or real life. Real life? How 'bout GET a life! It doesn't effect you. Focus on your own life, not how the grass is greener on the other side of the fence, and you're gonna find a way to piss on your neighbor's lawn.

You want to whine about how someone has more money than you and that gives you the right to beg the authorities to take it away? Well go live in a communist country and see if that's REALLY what you want.

If folks want to spend real money on this game (and at the current 989 exchange rate 3k simoleans is less than four bucks), it's there money to blow any way they want. Heck, over the years, if you've been here since beta and had an extra account or two, you've ALREADY made this choice and blown over a thousand REAL DOLLARS on this game.

If there's a way to make a buck off of TSO after blowing over a thousand bucks on this game over the years, more power to 'em. God bless capitalism.

"...Now there's no more Oak oppression, for they cast a noble law. And the trees are all kept equal -- by hatchet, axe, and saw..."

G

<blockquote><hr>

Just hittin' reply, Katheryne...I picked your reply link cuz you have a pretty siggy lol

[/ QUOTE ]Thanks! KChan made this lovely siggy for me!

D

DGLita

It was a huge puzzle to me why the devs have allowed objects to be brought across from the old cities in the first place. I questioned Lee and Greg about this in the Town Hall, but could never get a straight answer from either of them.

They could have resolved this problem in one fell swoop if they had thought this through properly in the first place. Making a new city, revamping the game, great! good idea! Lets do it!. Complete fresh new start!

So where was the intelligence in allowing objects from the old cities into the new city? They could have simply allowed the sims to move and then at some future point recredit all the earned anniversay items back to those accounts.

As it stands now, the city is in chaos, awash with free bullet train stock. Stores are making a killing on it (and yes Im one of those stores) selling expensive items they shipped over for free. Please, someone explain to me how THAT is suposed to be good for the game and the economy???

And of course, it allowed the fruit farms in. And if its true that a 'special someone' is one of those fruit farmers, and that EA KNOW who he is, then why why why did they allow this to happen. What did the devs do? What was the thinking behind this? Did they sit around a table and say, 'oh yes, so and so, he is the guy that made the bots that totally messed up the economy and brought the game to its knees, he owns a million trees, so heres the plan. We let him bring all his trees over to the new city and then he can mess it up there too! Great plan! , who's turn is it to get the coffee's'

M

MonaLittlemore

I think the trees arent the problem in this game , They werent scammed to get . They are selling fruit that will even out the economy. If someone is willing to sell there trees what buisness is it to us ? Tho I would never sell mine . I think in this game we tend to worry about things that arent really a big problem ..And if people are buying money *I wont* from maxis to buy fruit ,Isnt that gonna benifit a game that was dying ?

G

<blockquote><hr>

It was a huge puzzle to me why the devs have allowed objects to be brought across from the old cities in the first place. I questioned Lee and Greg about this in the Town Hall, but could never get a straight answer from either of them.

They could have resolved this problem in one fell swoop if they had thought this through properly in the first place. Making a new city, revamping the game, great! good idea! Lets do it!. Complete fresh new start!

So where was the intelligence in allowing objects from the old cities into the new city? They could have simply allowed the sims to move and then at some future point recredit all the earned anniversay items back to those accounts.

[/ QUOTE ]

The intelligence came from the community. Originally, Luc and his team never intended to merge old cities into EA-Land or allow sims to transfer there. A huge and/or loud outcry from members of the community resulted in them changing their minds.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

Billybughead: I read every word of your long post. Agreed, agreed, agreed. (And laughed, too.)

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

(Man, one of these days I'm gonna open a sock puppet account called Reply, just to post stuff like "STOP HITTING ME!")

(And no I didn't read all four pages of the thread lolz)

Number of trees somebody hacked into Maxis's computers to replicate in the game: 0
Number of trees someone pressed ctr-alt-t 3,568 times to create one tree (1 in 1000 chance): 0
Number of trees someone stole from a shopping lot when the owner went AFK: 0

Basically, every single tree in the game was earned by someone getting their account to 24 months or payments. What they did with those trees at that point is their own business.

Thanks to the whiners who couldn't think of a more equitable solution, they're already wipping EVERYONE'S money across the board, cheaters and legit players alike. So once that's done, no one will be able to buy trees without having legit money, either earned or bought from EA.

Ah, but what about those that currently have trees bought with "counterfeit" funds who will then get to keep those trees in EALand? Well what would you suggest? We wipe all the TREES, too? That's REALLY going to piss of a LOT of folks who've not only never cheated, but who's only trees are the one's they earned on multiple accounts, or got as gifts from friends who knew better than to continue playing this game lol

I mean, that's only fair. Since SOME of those trees were bought with cheated money, we need to get rid of ALL the trees. Especially since it's no skin off your nose what with your lack of a tree.

But say, why stop at trees? Isn't it "no fair no fair" that everyone has a robo-dog but you? So let's wipe those too.

Heck, let's just wipe all the inventories, period. And blow up folks's lots, since private property is such a disgusting idea anyway.

Why, it's certaintly "not fair" that some folks have more skills than others.

So let's get one of those equalizing devices from The Sneetches story, and level the playing field: Just wipe the whole damn game, and see if anyone wants to bother starting over.

I don't get why it bothers folks so much what their neighbor owns, either in this game or real life. Real life? How 'bout GET a life! It doesn't effect you. Focus on your own life, not how the grass is greener on the other side of the fence, and you're gonna find a way to piss on your neighbor's lawn.

You want to whine about how someone has more money than you and that gives you the right to beg the authorities to take it away? Well go live in a communist country and see if that's REALLY what you want.

If folks want to spend real money on this game (and at the current 989 exchange rate 3k simoleans is less than four bucks), it's there money to blow any way they want. Heck, over the years, if you've been here since beta and had an extra account or two, you've ALREADY made this choice and blown over a thousand REAL DOLLARS on this game.

If there's a way to make a buck off of TSO after blowing over a thousand bucks on this game over the years, more power to 'em. God bless capitalism.

"...Now there's no more Oak oppression, for they cast a noble law. And the trees are all kept equal -- by hatchet, axe, and saw..."

[/ QUOTE ]

When you aren't off on another planet drinking up gabba juice, you sure make alot of sense!

B

BWyand

Personally trees in general screwed up the economy. What they need to do is only allow the owners of that tree eat the fruit.

N

nobuttkisser

If Maxis would have done like I begged them to which was to limit ALL "anniversary" gifts to the account hold. making sure that only PAID account has access to the trees, and made all such "gifts" only available to the account holder, we wouldn't have this problem. Did they (Maxis) learn from what is going on now., I can't say. I am still waiting for the simolean wipe out. then cause the fruit on the trees to allow ONE TREE PER LOT it would certainly maintain the economy with in this game. I said it before, looks like I have to say it again til SOMEBODY gets it right.

Don't repeat the same mistake over and over, fixt it the first time!!!

Try to enjoy your game

G

Your 'voice' was out voted. The dev's went with the majority opinion.

If the game craps out, and it is proven to be because of the number of anniversary gifts, or who has access to them, you will have the right to say "I told you so!"...for whatever pleasure that may give you....but since the 'cause' of these problems has not been stated by the Team...it is a little too soon to claim that glory, yet.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

I'm sorry. I do not agree with restricting gifts to the recepient at all. What if I don't even want the damn thing? Why should I be forced to keep a gift that takes up my inventory space and property limits even if I don't want it?

I should made to delete objects given to me instead of giving them to a friend that might want it?

S

SIMS9925

<blockquote><hr>

sounds to me like someone has a issue with someone being a better gamer than they are and wants ppl to not go to 1 certain person to try to better themselves if that person as you say has hundreds of trees must be a way that person got them they dont breed you know so that erson got them and uses them to provide a service that ppl are willing to pay for now if you arent willing to pay for that service fine then dont go to that person but stop whining about it on here

[/ QUOTE ]

disagreed about this comment. When some people wanted trees they would buy them with real money or use exploits such as bots to get them. Lets be honest if you were playing fair and following the rules it would take two life times to get over 100 trees even as a money trader. I know the next thing you will say is these people have 100 accounts, so they earned there trees. Lets be honest anyone using 100 accounts has more intentions then just skilling or running a store

S

SIMS9925

why dont we do something to the trees to make it a little more interesting
. Why do the ripe fruit always have to give the skill point. How about they pay there money for a chance to lose a skill point or gain a skill point. Something to this nature might slow things down. The next thing is making it harder to grow the fruit. Why should the people with 100 trees just leave there sim in a lot with a bot and grow good fruit make them work for it maxis?

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

disagreed about this comment. When some people wanted trees they would buy them with real money or use exploits such as bots to get them. Lets be honest if you were playing fair and following the rules it would take two life times to get over 100 trees even as a money trader. I know the next thing you will say is these people have 100 accounts, so they earned there trees. Lets be honest anyone using 100 accounts has more intentions then just skilling or running a store

[/ QUOTE ]

No matter how you think these trees were acquired -- it is a done deal. Time to turn the page.

The person or persons who have a zillion trees had a goal and went after it. Your turn. You can either find a goal to keep you occupied and your mind off what Jack or Jill owns, or spend your 9.99 a month chewing on the old, rotted "they have more than me, unfair!" bone.

Bury it, and move on.

None of us has any power to do anything about who owns what. Take your concerns up with the people who do have power to change things. Spewing accusations and heresay and conspiracy theories here does not really accomplish your goal.

S

SIMS9925

If you never realized it that is what the boards are for. I actually wasent posting to you but everyone so ill speak my mind. If EA-LAND is susspose to be our version of heaven where we all start over then the tree farmers are guranteed to prosper at this pace. Even those tree farmers should be set with some kind of challenges the majority of them barely have any skills themselves

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

If you never realized it that is what the boards are for. I actually wasent posting to you but everyone so ill speak my mind. If EA-LAND is susspose to be our version of heaven where we all start over then the tree farmers are guranteed to prosper at this pace. Even those tree farmers should be set with some kind of challenges the majority of them barely have any skills themselves

[/ QUOTE ]

The boards are the place to express your concerns, yes, but your concern about tree farmers cannot be addressed by anyone here.

The tree farmers have their trees. The devs haven't indicated that trees will be deleted or ownership limited. The devs are giving out trees as a prize this week. In a couple weeks some tree farmer may have those prize trees to add to their orchard.

Them that has, gets, as they say. Tree farmers likely have more money than you and I a few hundred times over. So what?

EA Land is merely the newest city. I've been through several new city openings. You probably already know that no matter how PURE the new city is at first, soon it will be just like any other city you've been in. Some people will accumulate lots of wealth. Some of that accumulation will cause you to raise your eyebrows. Whether tree farmers move in next week, or a month from now, they will eventually grow in EA Land. Unless we have our goods wiped every month or so, you won't see an end to this sort of thing. Power players are called "Power" players for a reason.

I'm not a power player and don't hope to be. I still enjoy the game.

S

SIMS9925

what is the point of the developers fixing the game if we are just gonna let it go in the same direction as dragons cove?. I dont mind them having the trees but like i said why does every ripe fruit have to give a positive point? Why cant they make it harder to get riper fruit. Im not saying lets take the trees away

I

imported_corpatortis

Boycott everything I don't like!

I think I'll skip the fairness protests considering EA-Land is just a test city. Let them get 4 billion dollars what do I care? A new one will open up at some point to limit it.

G

<blockquote><hr>

When you aren't off on another planet drinking up gabba juice, you sure make a lot of sense!

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFL! That got me guffawing. Best reply ever.
Thanks, Gracie!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Billybughead: I read every word of your long post. Agreed, agreed, agreed. (And laughed, too.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad to hear, glad to hear...I was expecting a tar-n-feathering from The Communist Party or whatever lol

G

<blockquote><hr>

When some people wanted trees they would buy them with real money <u>or use exploits such as bots to get them.</u>

[/ QUOTE ]
Please explain. What kind of bot has been used to replicate an 'only available as an anniversary gift' item?

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

When some people wanted trees they would buy them with real money <u>or use exploits such as bots to get them.</u>

[/ QUOTE ]
Please explain. What kind of bot has been used to replicate an 'only available as an anniversary gift' item?

[/ QUOTE ]I think he was referring to the generation of enough simoleans to buy the subject trees.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]I think he was referring to the generation of enough simoleans to buy the subject trees.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I know - too bad though - imagine what a bot like that could be worth to it's creator (I wonder if PayPal handles transactions of $10,000 and up?
)

G

<blockquote><hr>

Yeah, I know - too bad though - imagine what a bot like that could be worth to it's creator (I wonder if PayPal handles transactions of $10,000 and up?
)

[/ QUOTE ]I think you grossly underestimate the obsession some of these guys have with their trees!

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

)

[/ QUOTE ]I think you grossly underestimate the obsession some of these guys have with their trees!

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah?
Well, it would have to look good in a bikini and own a liquor store for me to part with my bucks.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
)

[/ QUOTE ]

The answer to the paypal question posted here is a definite yes they do.

S

SIMS9925

people would be so obsessed to get trees that they would use the pizza bots with there 80 accounts which turned out to be 20 million simoleans a day. I dont think i have to explain this any better? At that rate they bought everyones trees

G

<blockquote><hr>

people would be so obsessed to get trees that they would use the pizza bots with there 80 accounts which turned out to be 20 million simoleans a day. I dont think i have to explain this any better? At that rate they bought everyones trees

[/ QUOTE ]
That doesn't automatically entitle them to a tree. They had to find sellers.