• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

bows any good?

D

Detharleon

always been dain bramaged when it came to evaluating if something is good or not.

magical shortbow
HSL 44
lighting 44%
ssi 40

lightweight shortbow
bal
vel 38
40 lightning
hci 22
ssi 30

total lack of DI

so i'm thinking its crap or they might have some use.

thoughts?

T

Trukx

I personally think the lightweight short bow is awesome. While the DI would have been nice, you can make up for that w/ other equipment; but you have a hard time or no chance to truly add any of those other mods. You have a double hit spell wep w/ awesome speed, fantastic hit chance and the ability to chug pots. The specials I think are lacking on the bow, but again, I can get over that.

Primer on Arms - 20
Stormgrip - 25
Ring- easily find one w/ 20+
Bracelet - same thing.....

You are just about at capped DI anyway without major impacts to your suit.

G

I like the lightweight too, On Lake superior you would fetch 3 to 10 mil easy depending on the buyer, i would pay as much as 6 to 7.5. Im no pot chugger, but i bet id carry pots if this was my main weapon.

D

Detharleon

well, picked up a crimson, primer, stormgrip, essense of battle and a +25 dmg bracer last night so thats my 100%
138 dex for 152/3 stam. I'm noticing no difference in speed between the 30 and 40 but I imagine its due to the high stam.
Now to just finish out the dull stuff... tactics and archery to 120.

thanks for the feedback!

G

Do you use the healing skill?, if so try to get your Dex to 140, you will heal yourself 1 secound faster(140 DEX will allow you to crossheal in 2 secounds and bandage yourself in 4 secounds). I did the math and your swingin that bow at 1.25 secounds with 150+ stamina, Do you use chivalry? that could explain why your not seeing a difference in swing speed at the varying levels of stamina, at 120+ stamina your swing at 1.5 cast divine fury and your back to swingin at 1.25, and actually i think youll find that ring of vile will be better suited for you IMO, that 30 DI from the EoB wont do you anygood if ya cant hit your target, so go with the 15 hci you get from the ROV and youll have a 37 hci, cast that DF and your at max hci. unless of course youll be using the spirit of the totem for the str and hci increases, in that case id use the EoB ring

D

Detharleon

i noticed swapping out the EoB for the vile was a help. Been working my skill up on rotting corpses and it does help when I can hit them

thanks for the info!

C

Connor_Graham

<blockquote><hr>

i noticed swapping out the EoB for the vile was a help. Been working my skill up on rotting corpses and it does help when I can hit them

thanks for the info!

[/ QUOTE ]

That problem would be solved with Bushido.....

D

Detharleon

thats NEXT on my list of things to do. 117 archery which I should cap tonight/tomorrow (gets boring leading a rotting corpse around in circles). Bushido was my next skill to work.

C

Connor_Graham

Work it at the same time. Buy the skill up to 40, then Confidence to 50, then Lightning Strike on every shot will take you all the way to 120. LS alone is 50 HCI, and would free that ring slot back up.