• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Boura Fur?

Rusker Sulle

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Since my return to UO, I have been gathering resources including leather. I have been hitting the Boura the last few days, and each time I skin one, 30+ boura fur pops into my pack. I remember that when the Garg lands were first made available, the fur didn't have a use for crafting. Is that still the case? If not, the Dev's should add it to the tailoring skill as a usable resource.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I wish they would give us a use for that stuff but it's still just interestingly colored stuff that if you pick it up and take it home wastes space in your inventory.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
They could add the fur for a lot of different things:
--Make special dyes the color of the fur, by adding another ingredient - hopefully not impossible to get. Or
--Make a special food with it that when fed to your pet it will add +5 fire resistance up to max of 85 for one hour? Or
--Have Alchemy/tailoring mix with black rock fragments and cloth to make random very rare color cloth shirt or belt with random property on it (!). Or
--Have body sculptor transform it to random shape awesome hairstyle change for you, also with random color or the color of the fur. Or
--Added with leather, and other reg, make some pretty awesome colored shoes/sandals/boots? Or
--For cripes sake: Make it so that we get trash points out of the darn fur? Or
--Something other than just taking storage space?
:stir:

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Use it to make a nice cozy warm blanket for the cold winter nights that are coming.

After makeing it please remeber the cold homeless beggars near you.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I always thought you should be able to spin them on the spinning wheel and make something from them... Special cloth... Woolen yarn or something to make perhaps some woven tapestries or new carpets perhaps... Warm boots and such...

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We have pimp hat the one with the feather. We have a pimp cain the boomstick we should have a pimp coat aka a boura fur coat.

As a wise man said dont hate the player hate the game skeet skeet skeet

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pretty sure it was added for when they expand on the "rug/carpet making" craft they only ever half implemented.
They just dumped the rest onto the NPC to buy because.....

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm fairly sure they had something in mind but then they fired the person in the know and moved the team to Virginia and now we may never know what it was meant for...

Rusker Sulle

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I finally remembered the butchers war cleaver will only take the leather, while the harvesters blade takes all the resources. At least I have a work-around of automatically taking the useless fur along with everything else.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We have pimp hat the one with the feather. We have a pimp cain the boomstick we should have a pimp coat aka a boura fur coat.

As a wise man said dont hate the player hate the game skeet skeet skeet
upload_2019-8-25_21-28-8.png

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Make legitimate, beneficial-type suggestions as to what should be made from the fur. Then tag Kyronix in your post.

It might make it on The List™.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They're also quest items you can turn in for Pet Treats in the Royal City.