• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] bounty on information leading to the discovery of the bamboo stool spawn location

yanaki2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
as posted on uo hall.

ok so i know there are a lot of people out here who are pretty tired of the lack of information regarding the "short stool" bamboo stools and how supposedly there spawning and only a handfull of people (if that) know there spawn location so here is what i propose.

as of today i am posting a 10 million gold bounty to the first person who posts here in the uo hall the actual spawn point of the stool. once posted this information must be verified by at least 3 people should this pan out i will personnaly deliver the bounty to what ever shard you wish (not mugen or siege).

i also call out to all those who wish to join in on this bounty to join with me, the more we offer the faster we will get this nonsence done with. should the bounty grow large enough i will contact one of the moderators of stratics to see if they would assist in collecting and delivering the reward to the person who sucessfully provides us the correct information.

screen shots are preferred. vague information is not accepted.

so there you go the gauntlet has been dropped...

B

Belanos/Icicle

if someone takes you up on this, skip the pictures and all, just have the guy take you to the spawn so you can see it there before its stolen (and get a shot at it yourself).

B

Belanos/Icicle

the implied step was to relate the information after you've personally verified it.

yanaki2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if i recieve word from any of the dozens of people i know are trustworthy that its been verified then thats good enough for me.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Add 10m to the bounty form me = europa gold only!!... so long as the stool spawns on europa....

Otis Firefly

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
this is the best part of this overly priced item
doesnt actually spawn..
its part of the humility cloak quest
one of the npc's needs the bamboo stool...you take the stool and dont finish the quest with that char

let me know when to meet up for my payday, tyvm, lmao

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Otis....LOL... this as already been discussed as a possible alas the quest are no drop no trade and go puff if u try...true there are ones avalable in the early days of the quest that were keepable/tradeable...maybe these are being duped now!!!

We just want clarification that the item is or is not spawning as a server up and it seems the devs dont even have a clue

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Heres my take on this, "who cares" and heres why:

1. If it was a lockdown error by the GMs then only 1-2 existed. But we see more than 1 so leads me to believe other possibilities:

a. It got duped. But then again you only see 1 vendor selling it constantly on each shard so if it was a duper then he/she would have had other items for sale too. So I doubt its from an active dupe.

b. It got duped before they fixed the duping bug. It could be a possibility but if its the case again why do we only see 1 at a time and not with other dupes.

c. Part of the humility quest between bamboo stool and short stool where some patches changes their titles and erased the "no drop" title. hmmm maybe but then again why only 1 vendor selling it over and over.

d. So the only logical explanation is that it is a server spawn and handfull of people know about it. That means that item is overpriced so stop paying millions for them. 33 shards x 365 days year = 12,000 bamboo stools per year = 100k item. Do you see yourself paying 10 mil for T2A daily spawn rock? I don't think so.

There are thousands of real rare items to go after, stop fixating on this one.

Otis Firefly

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Otis....LOL... this as already been discussed as a possible alas the quest are no drop no trade and go puff if u try...true there are ones avalable in the early days of the quest that were keepable/tradeable...maybe these are being duped now!!!

We just want clarification that the item is or is not spawning as a server up and it seems the devs dont even have a clue
lol you know i was being sarcastic about the payday lol
but in all seriousness, im just lettin ya know what i know..without the discussions, make a new char or one that hasnt done it, and just go through the quest and try it out..i know we could get it before, i havnt tried again in quite awhile....regardless!, stop paying big cash for a stool (unless you can 1 hit kill a balron by smashing it over its head or something)

yanaki2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Manticore,

this is not about who cares or not. this item has been represented often enough as a real rare, some poeple in game do not know about stratics or do not have time to know, when one person or a very small handfull of people bilk others unjustly it affects all of us regardless of there being other true rares out there that can be obtained. when will it stop, skull mugs, bamboo stools, which item is next...when is enough. do we remain complacent?

isnt the rares community here to provide information to the collectors out there. would i want a item to retain its rareity, yes but if we know that the item is no longer as rare as it once was do we not have a obligation to find the truth and let all those less informed then ourselves know?

ites the same concept with the book of false rares kimberly of napa has created. ive been collecting rares for years and heck i didnt know the barrel hoops still spawned. i accidentally bilked 4 poor saps out of 500k a pop.that bothers me.

im not a religious man by any means but ive always lived by the "do on to others as you would have done to you"

as of right now thanks to THP were now at 20 mil provided the item spawns on europa

Kimberly

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
isnt the rares community here to provide information to the collectors out there. would i want a item to retain its rareity, yes but if we know that the item is no longer as rare as it once was do we not have a obligation to find the truth and let all those less informed then ourselves know?
Well said and I agree.

Laina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unfortunately, one of the few times I have seen the item for sale in game was on a vendor which also sold all the bottles and skull mugs and world gem bits that we have been warned not to buy.

If it is a server spawn I doubt it is spawning on every shard since as Manticore pointed out we would have thousands of them by now.

It probably did come from the cloak of humility quest and some found a way around the no drop part of it. The brass rings we see come from that quest as well don't they? We seem to accept the rings as a "prepatch" or bugged item. Recently there have been price checks on the brass rings valuing them at several hundred k and I have seen a couple sell for around 4 million. Wouldn't the bamboo looking short stools be the same thing?

Either way they aren't "real" rares and I hope we can stop any more people from believing they are server birth type items and buying them for the 25 million+ gold they have been paying.

Voluptuous

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My guess is that it was duped...but has been sitting in a chest that this seller has looted off a recent IDOC. Kinda goes with everything I've read from everybody so far. Also would explain why this guy doesn't have a ton of other things to sell as well. He only got the one chest of stools?

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Manticore,

this is not about who cares or not. this item has been represented often enough as a real rare, some poeple in game do not know about stratics or do not have time to know, when one person or a very small handfull of people bilk others unjustly it affects all of us regardless of there being other true rares out there that can be obtained. when will it stop, skull mugs, bamboo stools, which item is next...when is enough. do we remain complacent?

ites the same concept with the book of false rares kimberly of napa has created. ive been collecting rares for years and heck i didnt know the barrel hoops still spawned. i accidentally bilked 4 poor saps out of 500k a pop.that bothers me.

im not a religious man by any means but ive always lived by the "do on to others as you would have done to you"

as of right now thanks to THP were now at 20 mil provided the item spawns on europa
You've misinterpret my meaning. What I meant was people shouldn't even be bothered with this item since it's not a true rare. It's been stated many times in previous posts that it's a daily spawn. Posting 20 mil just to ask for the location might bring the wrong idea to people because what if no one comes forward which I suspect no one well, does that mean its a true rare then? Surely not. Now I see there are questions of whether or not they spawn on all shards or just few shards which might explain why they are only showing up on few shards on a consistent basis.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I and a few others have come to the conclusion that the stool DOES NOT SPAWN ON ANY SHARD....Indeed the stools we see today HAVE BEEN DUPED from the original humilty quest item that for the first week were takable/useable/ tradeable....it was only after the first week of the quest the devs mad all the quest items no drop/no trade/quest labelled items.

mystery is over...BEWARE OF DUPED BAMBOO STOOLS

irux

Rares Fest Host | GL Jan 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
THe stool as i posted on another thread was from the most recent DO NOT BUY RARES SUCH AS THE SKULL MUG. There was a vendor that would buy up alot of things and you could buy them back to include quest items. The Stool was one. do the Cloak of humility quest, then sell it to vendor buy back now its a new item

Here is a short list of the more common ones i have seen

Mana Draught: Skull Mug
Gem of Salvation: World Gem Bit
Balms and Lotions: Bottles
Faction aids: blaze bandaids
Stool from Quest: short stool
Grobu's Fur: a black fur
Faction Grater stam Potion: old red str potion

But EA Fixed it GO EA !!!
Problem lays the glitched items are still around

Petrify

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
stool was created by a bug in humility quest, quite an easy one... not sure if it still works.

R

RichDC

mystery is over...BEWARE OF DUPED BAMBOO STOOLS
If this was the case the draconi would have said...they are duped and not spawning do not buy!

Instead he said...wouldnt want to ruin all the mystery, implying they do indeed spawn.

The humility quest ones do not carry the tag "bamboo stool" they have the tag "short stool", not the same items

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If this was the case the draconi would have said...they are duped and not spawning do not buy!

Instead he said...wouldnt want to ruin all the mystery, implying they do indeed spawn.

The humility quest ones do not carry the tag "bamboo stool" they have the tag "short stool", not the same items

I maybe wrong but in the first week of the humility quest i think the short stool was named bamboo stool ???and quite useable/tradeable - same as a few of the other items that have since got mixed up as ''true rares''...let me think...mmm was there a freinds ring? a village cauldron? and a few others that were all takeable and useable and tradeable in the first week of the quest before they got relabelled as no trade/no drop/quest items only!!!

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh and RichDC if they bamboo stools are indeed spawning then WHY as not one single player stuck there neck out/ put there head on the uo boards chopping block and state that indeed they have found a the stool and it spawns at day/week rate..and why the hell have we only seen a few for sale and i mean a few while we cant even give away the plates now...

ohhhhhh tell me RichDC TELL ME!!!

wHY CANT THE DEVS just waste 2 mins of the valuable time on the HOT TOPIC and tell us if they are or are not spawning...WHY WHY WHY

Laina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

The ones being sold that we are all referring to are titled "short stools." Somehow the phrase "bamboo-style short stool" was shortened to "bamboo stool."

And yes, Draconi did imply that they were spawning. But he never said anywhere that I have been able to find that they are a server up spawn. Actually, I can't find anywhere where he said they were "spawning" per se - I can find nothing more than the implication. His comment for me does nothing more than state they are not duped items.

LadyNico

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Disclaimer:- Total speculation.

I seem to remember excitement about a bamboo stool or two which were not locked down during the Inu event.

All I vaguely remember is the jail area in Ilshenar, before which we had to speak passwords, pass through liches, balrons, humanoids, then fight a particularly high-hp red npc (wearing down his armor first) to reach the secret jail where Inu was held captive.

At any rate, the bamboo stool was in that jail area, and sadly for us, Europa's was very tightly locked down & secure from pesky opportunist thieves like mine.

Perhaps one of those couple which were not locked down was sold to/bought back from an NPC vendor, and hey presto - almost unlimited bamboo stool supply.

Surely, one would then need only spin a few false yarns of world spawning bamboo stools to send rares folk off on wild goose chases and keep'em occupied for (what is it?) a year or so.

Again, this is pure speculation on my part. Animal/pet related rares are my thing, and, as such, bamboo stools just don't register on my interestometer. :p

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As above.. i remember 1 beeing taken from under inu on one server and it fetched a high price, i believe its just been duped in the last hammer dupe patch. On the note of "why cant the dev's tell us were it spawns" its because they dont know... they found the plates and told us about it, they cant about the stool because as the game goes they see just what we do in game its only from bug reports they find out about all these dupes and hax.

T

thelust6

I reckon at least some of the bamboo stools came from the humility quest seeing as the one I moused over on a vendor is labelled a short stool though it's appearance is that of a bamboo stool exactly like that one from the quest. x

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I reckon at least some of the bamboo stools came from the humility quest seeing as the one I moused over on a vendor is labelled a short stool though it's appearance is that of a bamboo stool exactly like that one from the quest. x
SHORT STOOL
Definate the short stool label that looks like a bamboo stool came from the first week or so of the humility quest..i even thought tio myself while i did it...hey im gonne do this again on another char and just keep some of the useable/takeable items....Alas after a week the devs made the items no trade/no trade lablled quest items so when i got around to doing it again it was too late!!! darn it....but im pretty sure quite a few peeps had redone it a few times and kept the items

namely to mind there was takeable and useable/tradeable
short stool...
friends mug..
village cauldron..
ohh a few others i cant think at the mo.

BAMBOO STOOL
I seem to remember excitement about a bamboo stool or two which were not locked down during the Inu event.
All I vaguely remember is the jail area in Ilshenar, before which we had to speak passwords, pass through liches, balrons, humanoids, then fight a particularly high-hp red npc (wearing down his armor first) to reach the secret jail where Inu was held captive.
At any rate, the bamboo stool was in that jail area, and sadly for us, Europa's was very tightly locked down & secure from pesky opportunist thieves like mine.
Perhaps one of those couple which were not locked down was sold to/bought back from an NPC vendor, and hey presto - almost unlimited bamboo stool supply.
Or some unsavoury character duped the stool some how in the last dupe-a-thon we had a year back.

T

thelust6

I'm 100% sure the two nico is talking about are the ones that were stealable (on account of whoever placed them and forgot to lock them down) in illishnar prison cells x

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
AFAIK there is only one "bamboo stool" owned by a player on Oceania last I heard. All the others are "short stool"s.

I don't remember that the humility quest items were *ever* droppable, what I do remember was that there was some method of making them drop (probably more than one method) and then there was also a way to make quest items lose their quest item tag. Combine this with duping and you get an unknown number of stools.

There *might* be a daily or whatever spawn of stools somewhere on a couple shards, but I am more inclined to believe that the stools we are seeing are humility quest dupes.

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let's not try to be sensational in our posts, especially when speculating.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't remember that the humility quest items were *ever* droppable, what I do remember was that there was some method of making them drop (probably more than one method) and then there was also a way to make quest items lose their quest item tag. Combine this with duping and you get an unknown number of stools.
i just told u the first week of the humility quest all the items within the quest were takeable nd useable...why u not listen....included items like these

short stool...
friends mug..
village cauldron..

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i just told u the first week of the humility quest all the items within the quest were takeable nd useable...why u not listen....included items like these

short stool...
friends mug..
village cauldron..
...and I don't remember that being the case. Why don't "u" listen?

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...and I don't remember that being the case. Why don't "u" listen?

They did !! like i said b4 was gonna redo the quest a few times myself to collect them all, alas it was fixed b4 i got around to doing so!!!

Were the hell DO U THINK the short stools, friends mugs and village cauldrons came from plus several other ''rare'' lol items...read again maybe u were on holiday the first week of the humility quest start before they fixed it so people could not use the quest items..LOL

ONETWOTHREE

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From Daconi on FoF :)

will the location of where the bamboo stool spawns each morning ever be revealed?
Might just add them in another, easier to spot, spot.
-Draconi

Jonathen

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know whether there's still a kerfuffle about the bamboo stools - I'd never even heard of them until I stumbled across one with my thief. However, just in case people are still tearing their hair out, there is now an artifact rarity 6 bamboo stool which spawn in Nix's shop in the Doom gauntlet (when I found it it was in the south east corner). I actually thought it might have been a shard first from the publish last week, oh well :/

Jonathen

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Couple of screenies of the stool in my house:

Don't have one of it in Doom as I was too busy nicking it :p
Incidentally I usually check that room 3-4 times a day and only ever seen it once, so I reckon the room must be pretty heavily camped - not seen the tarot for quite a while either

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yes it seems they have made it a weekly spawn in dooom.

well done..devs... u wait til they similar arti 6 prices in a year or so= 9-19k

LOLOLOLLLLLLLLOLOLOLOLOLLLLLOOOOLOLOLLOLOLOL

Jonathen

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Artifact 6 usually spawn every couple of days, no?

But yes, I would expect the currently spawning stealable to drop in price even if the original might not (I assume whatever was previously available had no artifact tag). Couldn't believe my eyes when I Googled for it and they were on sale for $125!!!!! :O

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Add 10m to the bounty form me = europa gold only!!... so long as the stool spawns on europa....
Seems the joke is on you.. that is, unless you are unwilling to honour the posted reward.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
He doesn't have to.. nobody found the stools people were looking for.. they found the new one that Drac replaced them with "in a more obvious location".. wherever the originals were spawning will forever remain a mystery.

irux

Rares Fest Host | GL Jan 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
since they stopped spawning LOCATION REVEALED healer hut in fel DEL

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did they really stop spawning? I was just guessing they did.