[Sold] Bought, delete

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Aug 9, 2009
This might be a stupid question but why do people prefer bane dragons over dread mares?
I believe there are less bane dragon around. Almost always see a Dread. Dont see many banes.

I could be wrong.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nov 1, 2003
Lake Superior
This might be a stupid question but why do people prefer bane dragons over dread mares?
For PvP:
Dread Mares do not have as many points to spend. They are similiar to a Nightmare. Difference is 20 Poison damage on a Dread vs 20 Energy on a NM. Dreads are difficult to find that can make AI/Chiv. Dreads do make smoke. A plus!

Banes that are 3 slot have more points and a good one can get a nice build with AI/Chiv. Banes have their poison ability.

Last edited:

PoundCake

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
Please dont ever put chiv/ai on a bane for pvp, or any reason actually theres better options. And im going to say this. Ive heard they were better. Ive been riding a bane for a while. Last night i swapped to my trained dread. And holy crappppp it does more damage, moves faster and casts poison just as much. Idk why people think banes are better. I havent had a chance to fight with it yet. My bane rarely gets poisoned and if it does it heals itself quick for remount. This is going to be the determining factor for me. Usability. But as far as damage goes. My dread far outdid my bane. 2 dif dreads and 1 bane were tested and the dreads won by far. All highly trained and done right for pvp.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nov 1, 2003
Lake Superior
Please dont ever put chiv/ai on a bane for pvp, or any reason actually theres better options. And im going to say this. Ive heard they were better. Ive been riding a bane for a while. Last night i swapped to my trained dread. And holy crappppp it does more damage, moves faster and casts poison just as much. Idk why people think banes are better. I havent had a chance to fight with it yet. My bane rarely gets poisoned and if it does it heals itself quick for remount. This is going to be the determining factor for me. Usability. But as far as damage goes. My dread far outdid my bane. 2 dif dreads and 1 bane were tested and the dreads won by far. All highly trained and done right for pvp.
I do not PvP. I agree with chiv is not a good build for PvP.
My post is a strictly pvm.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nov 1, 2003
Lake Superior
Surely a pre patched nightmare trained properly would be stronger then a bane or a dread?
For PvP:
For what application? You build a base pet the same for any type pet.
The specials and damage type determine what is best for an encounter.
A bane has a separate mana pool when you feed it. The poisoning is a proc from taking a hit. So it does not use that instead of an attack.
When you match the damage type to the targets resist, that pet is the best type. Since the base pet build is the same.

Soul Assassian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 13, 2006
Selling a PP Mare if anyone is interested PM me here or Disco SoulAssassin#6940 or ICQ # 5080878