• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bo's Ideas For Siege Improvement

Bo Bo

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
let us be real, the population of siege just sucks. and while the population is at a lull, more great gear is sitting in chests than ever before for fear of actually being worn. more people are sitting in houses than ever before afraid to go out and lose something. so here are a few of the Bo's ideas
1. Turn on all events like Treasuries of Tokuno
2. Well ya know bo wants vvv arties, hell make them wearable to anyone, could care less
3. Make stat gain faster and easier, bo found out how painful this is recently.
4. Make skill gain faster, cut rot timers all down to five minutes or less for all levels.
5. Blessings yes bo wants 2-3 more, why cause this is an item based game. Bo equips 13 items with some sort of mods on them, so don't be saying there will be nothing to loot when you kill the bo. the reason there is nothing for you to loot is you cant kill the bo!
6. Honorable mention increase drop rates for everything, but this has been said for years and is never going to happen.
From Bo's limited knowledge of computer stuff, this doesn't seem like it would be terribly difficult to execute. Number 6 must be, bo's guess is it is tied to all shards, so isolating siege would be an issue.
What say you siege?? Are you lookin to step into 2018 or we still got a bunch of 98ers lookin to run this shard!

Citizenbushido

Adventurer
Observation from a new player

I picked Siege because you cant x-shard stuff in and out & I liked the idea of only having 1 toon. I plan on staying on Siege because I like the people. I've only thought about leaving Siege because you can only bless/insure one item.

In my humble opinion, you cant build enough viable pvp suits while learning to pvp on siege. Every time I die, and I die a lot, I lose my suit. I dont mind dying and losing some equipment, but when I lose everything that I worked hard on getting...it's....it's very anti-fun. Why should I want to subject myself to constant gut punches? The game should be fun & there should be risk, you should lose something when you die, but it's a pretty hard pill to swallow when you lose everything.

SO, you have to spend a lot of time farming good equipment, build a good suit, die, lose it all, wash rinse and repeat.
Add on top of that a lower population made up mainly of long time vets who dont need to sell equipment on the vendors
Or people dont want to sell on vendors because the high fees make it pointless, any profit will be eaten up by triple vendor fees.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am for all of those suggestions!

maybe add the 1k luck bonus for felucca shard wide...

Last edited:

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've only thought about leaving Siege because you can only bless/insure one item.

In my humble opinion, you cant build enough viable pvp suits while learning to pvp on siege. Every time I die, and I die a lot, I lose my suit. I dont mind dying and losing some equipment, but when I lose everything that I worked hard on getting...it's....it's very anti-fun. Why should I want to subject myself to constant gut punches? The game should be fun & there should be risk, you should lose something when you die, but it's a pretty hard pill to swallow when you lose everything.
contact me with your PvP template and I'll help you pick your blessed item and build a decent but cheap suit around it that will be easy to replace.

then you'll make 3 or 4 replacement suits in one go and have them ready when you get looted so you can get into the action again right away. after a while you'll get better and you won't loose as many suits anymore

Citizenbushido

Adventurer
I plan on staying on Siege because I like the people. You guys really are great! Even the guy who killed me the very first time, he took my 1000 starting gold and left me a welcome book.

Thank you for the offer! I was advised to hold off on pvping for now, until I get my skills where they need to be. I'm back to my pvm build, It's just taking a little while with rot. : )

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I plan on staying on Siege because I like the people. You guys really are great! Even the guy who killed me the very first time, he took my 1000 starting gold and left me a welcome book.

Thank you for the offer! I was advised to hold off on pvping for now, until I get my skills where they need to be. I'm back to my pvm build, It's just taking a little while with rot. : )
you might still wanna talk to me about your template and suit etc. might save you a lot of time when you train the right skills instead of wasting time training the wrong ones (believe me, I have been there...)

Furthermore it might help you to figure out now what to farm so you can do that while waiting for the skills to raise

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How do they decide what changes to implement? Who decides what can or will be changed?
Mesanna and the devs are open to suggestions as long as we can all agree on something (or at least a vast majority). This is how VvV artis were left out on Siege...

Arradin

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is an honest question from a non (yet) pvper.
Wouldnt vvv Artis hurt more Than it helps in terms of further increasing the gap between established and new pvpers??

I know bo says he want them, but bo also says he never dies, so i dont know why he would need them then.

Im just worried that it would become increasingly difficult to catch up in pvp with arties?

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I believe that quite the opposite will be the case. VvV artis will even the field and make it easier for new players to gear up.

the way it is now PvPers are forced to PvM a lot to get decent gear meaning that those who have been on Siege for a long time will have way better suits and can more easily afford loosing them than someone who just came here.

With VvV artifacts everyone who joins gets a free 2000 silver to spend and can get some essential items that will make it a lot easier to max out the most important mods on their suits.

So while Bo of course would use these artis himself it is not that he absolutely relies on them and wants them implemented for selfish reasons. What he is looking to do is increase the number of people (or at least PvPers) who play Siege and implementing VvV artifacts would be one step to facilitate their move from prodo to Siege.

Arradin

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Excellent answer, thank you.

The more people the better ofcourse, i just understood it as arties = the better you are the more stuff you get, and it would make it easier for good pvpers to keep the Advantage with an unlimited amount of arties.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
it's not the better you are. the more silver you have the more artis you can get...but since silver can be earned by taking altars and stealing/returning sigils pretty much anyone can earn some. theoretically you don't even have to do anything at all: just be present in a VvV town while people are fighting/taking altars etc. and you will get silver (although at a decreased rate) - this is actually something they should look into in my opinion.

Arradin

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seems i was missinformed.

As a frequent PK victim, i fully support non-blessed VvV Artys, should only be able to be worn by VvV people, so PKs cant just loot people who do the work and take the " risk " :)

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Seems i was missinformed.

As a frequent PK victim, i fully support non-blessed VvV Artys, should only be able to be worn by VvV people, so PKs cant just loot people who do the work and take the " risk " :)
This is why good things will never come to this shard, look how quickly your opinion was apparently swayed by, what we can only assume was either a Stratics PM, or an ingame contact.

Arradin

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I never had an opinion before, i asked for information on the subject so that i could have an opinion ;)

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah but your last reply looks like you were starting to form your own based on discussions in this thread, and then you received a message from one of the Play on Prodo more than Siege people who are against anything improving the shard, and they swayed you with their rhetoric. It's a lot like buying votes, which also happens on Siege a lot...oh well, it is what it is.

Arradin

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah but your last reply looks like you were starting to form your own based on discussions in this thread, and then you received a message from one of the Play on Prodo more than Siege people who are against anything improving the shard, and they swayed you with their rhetoric. It's a lot like buying votes, which also happens on Siege a lot...oh well, it is what it is.
Ah no!

I have made my judgement based on this thread.
I first thought vvv artys only would benigit the people Who are good pvpers.

Seems thats not the case, so i simply say ”why not”.

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
let us be real, the population of siege just sucks. and while the population is at a lull, more great gear is sitting in chests than ever before for fear of actually being worn. more people are sitting in houses than ever before afraid to go out and lose something. so here are a few of the Bo's ideas
2. Well ya know bo wants vvv arties, hell make them wearable to anyone, could care less
4. Make skill gain faster, cut rot timers all down to five minutes or less for all levels.
5. Blessings yes bo wants 2-3 more, why cause this is an item based game. Bo equips 13 items with some sort of mods on them, so don't be saying there will be nothing to loot when you kill the bo. the reason there is nothing for you to loot is you cant kill the bo!
6. Honorable mention increase drop rates for everything, but this has been said for years and is never going to happen.
From Bo's limited knowledge of computer stuff, this doesn't seem like it would be terribly difficult to execute. Number 6 must be, bo's guess is it is tied to all shards, so isolating siege would be an issue.
What say you siege?? Are you lookin to step into 2018 or we still got a bunch of 98ers lookin to run this shard!
Personally I don't have a problem with these, although I think some would be difficult to implement.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ah no!

I have made my judgement based on this thread.
I first thought vvv artys only would benigit the people Who are good pvpers.

Seems thats not the case, so i simply say ”why not”.
Ah, then I misunderstood lol, i'll leave my post though, because it still applies to others :p

Old Timer

Adventurer
As a old time (from the time UO started till about 2005) returning player, having played on both prodo shards (GL and ATL), and Siege... I certainly prefer Siege as a home. However, having said that I agree some updating should be preformed on the rule set for Siege to keep up with what new players want / need to survive and not get discouraged by the world as it is. I can certainly say it's "killing me" to try and keep up a new (re-birthed) character. Vendors are far and in between - and even fewer cater to the real needs of new / returning players. This, coupled with the other thread regarding no newbie guild, I think will put off (if it hasn't already) potential new blood. If you've played Siege before, you know what to expect for the most part - folks coming in totally cold will be in for a real shock as to the difference with the difficulty. Many new folks, and some returners (myself included) might be a bit "bashful" in asking for help... and finding folks can be a daunting task at times. Joining a guild is a great option. But personally, I like to go out on hunts or do some PvM with others (groups or guilds) before I would throw into any group. And, I'm not quite "forward enough" to ask to join in... if invited in, great I'd accept easily. Again I think this is a common "trait" of a lot of new folks, and may be another reason why folks come and go from Siege.

I can surmise that most newbies that may in with a history of playing WoW, may try - but bolt pretty quickly from Siege, as WoW has become way too easy to gain and do everything in game. Those players have probably gotten very used to that and Siege would certainly seem way too difficult. Siege should remain more difficult than the prodo shards, it's part of the draw for those wanting more challenge...
I think there's a great amount of merit to some, if not all of the suggestions put forth. Stagnation can only be overcome by new and fresh ideas... and sometimes "out of the box" thinking.

I have come back and have already put down some fairly stout roots. I'll work within whatever framework exists. But I do remember the days when there was a good population, a lot of group PvM, hunts, PvP fighting (both "off the cuff" and event. I'd certainly like to see Siege return to that, but I think unless things are updated a but... it isn't going to happen and folks will continue to lament the state of the land.

I am encouraged by the ideas being thrown around, the fact that there are some good guilds and long standing players still active. The guys promoting the PvP aspects - keep it up. That is a part of this shards history that needs be be strengthened.
Hopefully these are things that can be incorporated or adapted to the coding for the shard without too much difficulty by the Devs... that in the end will probably be the "make or break" on any changes that get implemented.

Now, having said all of the above, I hope no one was offended by any of it. Not intended as any criticism at all. Just trying to add to the overall conversation. Everyone I've run into is great, the guilds are excellent, and help has been offered.. so I have no personal axes to grind - just trying to throw out things that may affect new people coming on board... and I know everyone wants the shard to grow and flourish... that is very evident of the populace that DOES exist here.

Okay, the old guy will quit lecturing....

*Salutes* "Sol Invictus"

Arradin

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im setting up my vendor shop as we speak. Will focus heavingly on getting new people started, and mainting low level gear and essentials.
For me, its about the service and community spirit more than just having big buck items to make money. :)

Old Timer

Adventurer
Vendor wise, good PvM gear (does not have to be high end, just usable - armor and weps. Stuff that's good in a dungeon... but not gonna kill you ($$) when you lose it (usuallly due to being a dummy!)).
General deco stuff - gotta make the home look livable... regular type stuff.. chairs, tables, lighting elements... cheap stuff!
Kegs of potions, other survival aids - stuff like that.

I've found most of the quality stuff vendors, most is priced a bit for a low end pauper type, some is all the higher stuff that an "up and coming" warrior doesn't need just yet due to still learning skills (most around 85)
Also maybe some crafter stuff too. My alt (tink, miner, smith, imbue, carpentry, tailor... yeah jack of all trades type) still growing his skills, and doesn't always have time to run (scavenge) materials.
Also - I'll put this out for maybe the UWSP folks... I've never really played a crafter, like ever... so I'd appreciate any tips / help you can offer for training, tricks of the trades, etc... Mostly started that guy to provide some equipment to my warrior down the road, and maybe set up a vendor supplying stuff for the newbies.... HE probably needs to joining one of the crafter guilds actually!!

Thanks for listening!

*Salutes* "Sol Invictus"

Sparviero

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Also - I'll put this out for maybe the UWSP folks... I've never really played a crafter, like ever... so I'd appreciate any tips / help you can offer for training, tricks of the trades, etc... Mostly started that guy to provide some equipment to my warrior down the road, and maybe set up a vendor supplying stuff for the newbies.... HE probably needs to joining one of the crafter guilds actually!!

Thanks for listening!

*Salutes* "Sol Invictus"
Hello !! I'm always glad to help people and we'll be happy to give you every hints you need :)... If you are online now we can speak in game and i can help you with your template so we keep this thread clear for PVM/PVP advices :)

Forsaken

Journeyman
I couldn't be bothered to read everyone's wall of input, but this is the only viable option because EA will not put more money into this game to cater to one shard:

Simply turn Siege into a Legacy server. Pre-pub 16. You would be amazed how large the population would become. No more crying about items.

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I couldn't be bothered to read everyone's wall of input, but this is the only viable option because EA will not put more money into this game to cater to one shard:

Simply turn Siege into a Legacy server. Pre-pub 16. You would be amazed how large the population would become. No more crying about items.
You're correct. I've played those other free shards and they're amazingly populated. 100s of online characters at all hours of the day.

Personally, I feel the lands are just too large for the small player base.

Forsaken

Journeyman
They aren't going to spend money, time, effort in special coding for one server in a 20+ year old game that doesn't have a high subscription base as is and going free-to-play. Hell, even the Legacy server idea is a stretch for them. Totally different rule set; different headache for them all together to monitor bugs, exploits, etc.

Tanager

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Sorry about this super-long post. I debated for a few days about bothering to speak my mind at all.

This is just my opinion, of course, but I don't think any of these 'problems' is why Siege's population is struggling. For evidence to back me, I point to all the shards with even lower population than us. These shards have insurance, consensual PvP, VvV arties, lower vendor fees, no RoT - a lot of advantages over Siege. In fact, all the things Bo has suggested except turning on ALL the Treasures events.

The root of the problem is not the rule set.

Once upon a time, Ultima Online was blazing a trail in undiscovered territory. But now, the world has more gamers than ever before. There are now tons of options for those gamers, too many games and types of game to count. Some games compete by catering to a very specific crowd. Others try to offer a wide range in order to gain a little bit of all types. This alone has thinned the population of UO. But in addition to that, 20 years has produced a new generation. The vast majority of this generation do not want much challenge in their fantasy world. Their idea of fun involves very little work.

My opinion? To survive, UO needs to focus on appealing to an older subscriber base. People with families and jobs. People who spend perhaps an hour or two in a game on any given day (instead of watching TV for instance), or maybe they play a couple days a week on their days off while the kids are at school. They don't want to end their session with a feeling of not accomplishing anything.

I think BS knows this. They've shortened travel time by introducing many shortcuts. They have sloooowly gotten the player base accustomed to the concept of micotransactions by offering more and more items for convenience, to cut the time it takes to do things in game the 'classic' way. With Endless Journey, there will be a way for 'casual' gamers to enjoy what UO has to offer without the pressure of feeling like they aren't getting the most out of their subscription fee because they have limited play time. Adults tend to think along those lines. It isn't about the $13, it's about the relative value they get from that money.

I think BS should cut down on the 'grind' mechanics of UO. Tweak the RNG to be more generous. Make items repeatable quest rewards rather than RNG. That way, there can be a feeling of progress each day to get that shiny new thing, rather than logging out with a feeling of disappointment. The Enchanted Origin items is a good example - you work to get the 'points', you can see actual progress, and then you claim your choice of reward. Eodon's quest chains are a good idea, a step in the right direction, but the RNG of the rewards could be avoided. That brief surge of adrenaline at success just does not offset the constant irritation of failures, in my opinion. They've un-RNG'd BODs as well, with the bribery system and making it about points. Excellent! There was talk at the 20th party about player-made content. That certainly has me interested.

In short (I know - too late!), I think most of the ideas mentioned in this thread would help Siege, but only for a short time. Personally, I don't want to make it easier for Atl punks to survive here. Any non-punks have only to introduce themselves and are flooded with help. I would rather encourage BS to adapt UO overall to fill a niche in the gaming universe. It's a big niche, as niches go, since young people get older all the time.

Old Timer

Adventurer
Good post girl! Added some very good arguments into the mix. And I certainly qualify as part of the "older player" contingent! :thumbup:

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Siege economy thrives with punks. They force action.

Judging by the answers Mesanna was giving out with their meet. And greet on Asuka... I doubt anything will change with Siege. Everyone of her answers were no. Nope. Not ever. Never. She's not very good with communicating... Anything.

I fear Siege will continue adrift until the plug is pulled.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm good with all your ideas. Siege needs all the help it can get since it wasn't meant to be played as an item based game. The only thing that I believe will REALLY change PvP and game play for everyone is to allow the player to keep all his gear upon resurrection. Never was PvP more fun and active than it was when we could re-equip for a grand and get back into action. That is impossible now... One death = end of fun for the evening. No insurance. That just makes it harder for newer/broke players to get into the mix. Ideally either Siege Bless usable on all equipable slots or all wearables should be made non lootable. To me, that fixes the bulk of Siege's problems for everyone, not just PvPers. In any case, I support your 2-3 items, as well. I just don't think it really fixes the problem completely. It helps, but there is still a lengthy time to possible gather ingredients and/or missing parts in a way that allows players to get back to having fun quickly, but kudos to you for trying to come up with solutions. Hats off!

Last edited:

grimiz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
When I started on SP I first thought it needed more blessings as well (and still do) - but would it change anything? If you could bless one weapon, one armor, and one cloth wearable - yes it would allow people to wear more of their nice items, but the rest of the items would still be garbage loot or imbued gear...

If you could come up with some other alternative that would still work it might be better. Maybe turn on ALL item insurance, but when you die there is a chance one (or more) of your items stays on your corpse. So maybe you lose that legendary gorget that you love, but at least you don't have to replace a whole suit. You just go pick up your next best gorget and get back in there. Item insurance cost could also be doubled or tripled to make it worth someone killing you, and to deter someone from insuring every single item unless they have a **** ton of gold. win win for everyone?

I apologize if my suggestion offends the SP community - I'm new here ;-)

Creeger

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I think it would be easier for everyone, if you guys want a bunch of blessed items/insurance, to simply play on a shard that doesn't have Siege rules. Some people want insurance, some people don't. I think as things are right now, all those people have that choice. If Siege were turned into a production shard with these ideas, not all of those people wouldn't have that choice any more.

grimiz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I think it would be easier for everyone, if you guys want a bunch of blessed items/insurance, to simply play on a shard that doesn't have Siege rules. Some people want insurance, some people don't. I think as things are right now, all those people have that choice. If Siege were turned into a production shard with these ideas, not all of those people wouldn't have that choice any more.
If the dozen or so active siege players moved to prodo shards then they would just delete siege. The game has progressed and changed - it is 100% an item based game now and siege is still has this pre-AoS mindset with post-AoS itemization. Siege item rules made a ton of sense before AoS was released, but now you can't realistically use 90% of the items the game is now built around.

It sounds more to me like this mentality of "we can't change siege because it's always been this way" is an excuse because you don't want the siege population to grow. I could make the argument that if you want to play a single player game you should do just that...

I would rather have 50-100k gold put into my bank than have to weed through imbued crap gear on a corpse.

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If the dozen or so active siege players moved to prodo shards then they would just delete siege. The game has progressed and changed - it is 100% an item based game now and siege is still has this pre-AoS mindset with post-AoS itemization. Siege item rules made a ton of sense before AoS was released, but now you can't realistically use 90% of the items the game is now built around.

It sounds more to me like this mentality of "we can't change siege because it's always been this way" is an excuse because you don't want the siege population to grow. I could make the argument that if you want to play a single player game you should do just that...

I would rather have 50-100k gold put into my bank than have to weed through imbued crap gear on a corpse.
200.gif

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
... but now you can't realistically use 90% of the items the game is now built around.
Sure you can use all of it, you just are not likely to keep it forever. You'll lose gear to others and win gear from others. You lack pvp skill and need to build a supersuit and keep it forever, play prodo.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
And that option is available to you right now.

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sure you can use all of it, you just are not likely to keep it forever. You'll lose gear to others and win gear from others. You lack pvp skill and need to build a supersuit and keep it forever, play prodo.
Win gear from others?!?!?!? Get out of here with that nonsense. You must be high as hell.

Are you talking about sexy pieces like LRC 17, MR1, MI 4, LMC 7 with assorted resist??? Those are some leet pieces my friend. Unless it's Sunday PvP or an event that is held within guard zone, people will never wear respectable gear. And I don't blame them. Why farm for hundreds of hours to lose it immediately? That's beyond risk vs reward.

The drop rates are unsustainable and non-compatible with the Siege ruleset as is. Pre-AOS made sense when the best you had was surpassingly accurate invulnerable vanq items...and those were not crazy hard to find.

Siege must evolve or else it will forever remain a ghost town. Honestly, for me, just increase the damn drop rate on everything. That would be a great fix.

Bo Bo

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
ok some people need to stop promoting people to leave this shard. the bo isn't surprised gils stance on this issue. they don't want anything to change cause with the amount of numbers they have, they run the shard.
Just FYI, the Bo doesn't play here because the bo could loot people. The reasons most choose here is 1 character per account, you cant hide your filth, economy isn't trashed, you can attack people anywhere. and well bo has about 60+ soulstones.
This thread was made to try to increase our numbers here, not to tell people to leave. Now if you have any good argument as to why any of these issues couldn't or shouldn't happen please let's discuss. Bo's original idea to add 3-4 blessings was so people could use those high end items and still lose stuff, sure the bo could say insurance but really that benefits the bo. Bo really isn't tryin to be selfish about these ideas, it was more of what can we suggest to help us. Bo doesn't want to keep playing a dead shard

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok some people need to stop promoting people to leave this shard.
Those who really prefer how prodo shards work should just stay on a prodo shard. Those pvpers who can't stand taking a RISK to get their REWARD like we PvMers are supposed to day in and day out can go back to prodo where their nice... and safe... and don't have to quiver in fear of taking the RISK of losing anything.

Get some PvPers with a serious pair to come here Bo, not these gutless prodo whiners.

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Those who really prefer how prodo shards work should just stay on a prodo shard. Those pvpers who can't stand taking a RISK to get their REWARD like we PvMers are supposed to day in and day out can go back to prodo where their nice... and safe... and don't have to quiver in fear of taking the RISK of losing anything.

Get some PvPers with a serious pair to come here Bo, not these gutless prodo whiners.
Soooo no counter argument to anything that's posted? That's what I thought.

I read in another thread that your a solo gatherer/crafter that has limited ability due to arthritis or something...can't remember exactly what the post said. I don't have a problem with this. I wouldn't stand here and berate you for trying to enhance the crafting abilities in this game. You enjoy that... that's awesome. But here you are shooting down everything we've been asking for FOR YEARS. Why are you taking a stance to limit a potential boon for Siege? You don't PvP. You don't play in groups (your words). In your world, you're playing a single player game.

I just don't understand it.

Bo Bo

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

do you pvp? if so who is your pvper? nobody here was whining. If you think the best thing for this shard is to loot aggressively you are so wrong it isn't even funny. the worst part of this shard, is losing your suit than having to spend time to put a new together. Now not some trash that you might wear but something you need to compete in. you and several others love to speak on a subject you know little about. Come pvp and find out. and don't you dare call a pvp just a pvper, if you pvp on this shard you need to be pvmer and a crafter to survive.

Old Timer

Adventurer
There have been many good points made, and a few that just won't fly on an old "war horse" like Siege. I played in the early days when as long as you had GM crafters, no biggie. Everything was GM back then.. no artis, no "super suits". You get picked clean by monster or PvPr, you went and made, or had a crafter buddy make, a new gm suit and weapon... back in the game. And no, back then it was all iron... no Shadow, copper, verite.. etc. People still got PK'd and it was an inconvenient occurence... but everyone went on. The game has evolved, way to item based - hence the hoarders and elites... Prodo mentality and Siege mentality have never been the same, never should be. Siege should be like life, good, bad.. and sometimes ugly.
Siege was all about risk back then, and still is if you want to take the risk... monsters were tough as hell back then too, the regular ones.

PvP has been around as long as this game started. There are guys that are good at it, there are those that aren't but still enjoy a good fight. Who doesn't like the pulse to quicken, and get up closer to the screen - PvP or PvM? I am by no means great at much of anything in this game. Never really was, but I still like a good contest against a living person running the avatar, or getting ganked by monsters while on a hunt. Just like there are varying levels of skill, there are varying levels of just being a "jerk" too. Once again always has been. When we played KSS - the ORIGINAL group when they started out. We never dry looted anyone, and only looted o disarm an opponent so they had to leave the battlefield. Most of the time if they came to us, we returned what was taken, save pots and bandies which usually got consumed. Personally, I despise dry looters. I don't.. but it's how they play, I need to accept that and move on. That won't change regardless of any mechanisms put in place. It's a people thing... and a lot of folks bring their real world pluses and faults with them into the game. *shrugs* So what, I can still play my game. Be the type of character that maybe I can't in the real world.

My point is this, treat everyone with respect. Even the "buttheads". It's a game, and not the real world. We do that, and people will want to come back. Everyone reads these boards, and many make assessments based on what's read. Sure Siege is need of some overhaul, but don't look for a lot to happen unless the profit range starts climbing again. In other words, it's our world... we can make it a sewer, or we can make it a good place to play for everyone's play style.

We want people to come back to Siege, we need to make it a place they want to come to... and not everyone will - those folks can go to Atlantic or Great Lakes.

And FYI - I enjoy PvP, PvM, and crafting - so no bias in how I look at things... I just like playing, meeting folks - good and bad. But above all, trying to make an impact that makes folks want to come here and play with me in the game.

*Gets ready for the rocks and tomatoes to fly*