• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bored with stable

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I have 25 of 27 slots used. The following are unntrained: 1 PP dragon, 1 PP white wyrm, 2 PP nightmares, a low 3 slot nightmare, 3 slot rune beetle, 3 slot CU, 3 slot dread, 2 slot crimson drake, a 3 slot bane, another 3 slot rune beetle, a 1 slot fire beetle. a 3 slot cold drake which I may or may not have started training, and a 4 slot platinum drake which is the first I started messing with pet training and probably screwed up.

I have a greater, shadow wyrm, PP 4 slot white CU, 3 PP colored 4 slot hiyrus, trained firesteed, a triton, and might be a couple of other trained things. I can get screenies of anything people would like to know more about. I would use the EC for simplicity of everything on one page but generally play CC again for the nostalgia and the better looking pets and of course the different colors and long/short manes etc.

I am looking to have some fun with my tamer again. My UO memories are awesome but my current enjoyment level is "bored beyond belief" since most of my friends are long gone and I am mostly solo and have been for the past 5 years. I want to get some fun stuff to play around with and level and make my game interesting again. This is my main tamer but I have a few spread around different shards like Siege, Sonoma, Cats, LA, and Baja. I want to make my subs worthwhile and not throwing money away because I cannot get myself to quit. Taming and Fishing have long been my favorite things with a sampire close behind.

Suggestions? I do not have deep pockets, never have been someone who easily earns gold (despise EM events and not sure other good ways to earn gold), I may have 200-300m spread around all characters, so cannot go nuts with all of the over priced PS. What are some fun pets to tame and train? What pets might do decent with lower end scrolls? What pets might allow me to try new content solo and get some fun drops and maybe earn more gold to play with? I am pretty much a noob all over again. Broke and bored.'

Help?

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I have 25 of 27 slots used. The following are unntrained: 1 PP dragon, 1 PP white wyrm, 2 PP nightmares, a low 3 slot nightmare, 3 slot rune beetle, 3 slot CU, 3 slot dread, 2 slot crimson drake, a 3 slot bane, another 3 slot rune beetle, a 1 slot fire beetle. a 3 slot cold drake which I may or may not have started training, and a 4 slot platinum drake which is the first I started messing with pet training and probably screwed up.

I have a greater, shadow wyrm, PP 4 slot white CU, 3 PP colored 4 slot hiyrus, trained firesteed, a triton, and might be a couple of other trained things. I can get screenies of anything people would like to know more about. I would use the EC for simplicity of everything on one page but generally play CC again for the nostalgia and the better looking pets and of course the different colors and long/short manes etc.

I am looking to have some fun with my tamer again. My UO memories are awesome but my current enjoyment level is "bored beyond belief" since most of my friends are long gone and I am mostly solo and have been for the past 5 years. I want to get some fun stuff to play around with and level and make my game interesting again. This is my main tamer but I have a few spread around different shards like Siege, Sonoma, Cats, LA, and Baja. I want to make my subs worthwhile and not throwing money away because I cannot get myself to quit. Taming and Fishing have long been my favorite things with a sampire close behind.

Suggestions? I do not have deep pockets, never have been someone who easily earns gold (despise EM events and not sure other good ways to earn gold), I may have 200-300m spread around all characters, so cannot go nuts with all of the over priced PS. What are some fun pets to tame and train? What pets might do decent with lower end scrolls? What pets might allow me to try new content solo and get some fun drops and maybe earn more gold to play with? I am pretty much a noob all over again. Broke and bored.'

Help?

You need to train me a goat a fierce goat so fierce that if on my journeys i met God he would be headbutted

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Oh, this reminds me of my goat I never finished training.
And I have 3-4 more days to bond my ferrets. I wanna try them.

OP, just get your boat and go kill orca in High seas to get more and better tritons. You can sell them or use yourself.
New event is coming soon, so you prepare, gear up and wait))

tanotan

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you dont have one yet in your stables, go and tame a 2 slot najasaurus with resisting spells 160+ after taming. Then train it up with frenzied whirlwind and poison breath. This will be a very good spawn pet and its funny to watch how it eats up most mobs at champion spawns.

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

Help?
I'm not very active anymore, but when I play my tamers, I like to build weird templates for them. I had a disco/archer/tamer (very fun, but only good on specific stuff), melee tamers, etc. Then build pets around them for certain encounters.

Sent from my SM-J337VPP using Tapatalk

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you dont have one yet in your stables, go and tame a 2 slot najasaurus with resisting spells 160+ after taming. Then train it up with frenzied whirlwind and poison breath. This will be a very good spawn pet and its funny to watch how it eats up most mobs at champion spawns.
@tanotan

On average, a Najasaurus trained as you mention, would be good for what waves of a Champion Spawn ?

I mean, where does its effectiveness start to fade away and stop at Champion Spawns ?

Also, of all of the spawns, is there one where such a build for a Najasaurus really shines, and which spawn does it really perform poorly ?

Thanks !

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
@tanotan

On average, a Najasaurus trained as you mention, would be good for what waves of a Champion Spawn ?

I mean, where does its effectiveness start to fade away and stop at Champion Spawns ?

Also, of all of the spawns, is there one where such a build for a Najasaurus really shines, and which spawn does it really perform poorly ?

Thanks !
Poops go and tame a naja and try it yourself !!!

Scott1234

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Sell the bane.
release the fire (1slot) and rune beetle (3slot)
release untrained cu if not exceptional
get yourself a pack of 1slot wolf spiders

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
So, any suggestions for training with the pets that I currently have? Not necessarily looking for cookie cutter templates. Suggestions for new pets to tame? Most of what I have is from before pet training was a thing.

If I wanted to auction pre-patch pets, how would I do that to protect myself from myself? I have never auctioned anything off and have little idea what my pre-patch pets may be worth. I posted about my bane and found that it may be valued between 600m to 1p, would do better on Atlantic but do not have shard shields so kind of stuck. With all of the shard shields out there, why would people not pay the same when they can come and get it?

gwen

Slightly Crazed
So, any suggestions for training with the pets that I currently have? Not necessarily looking for cookie cutter templates. Suggestions for new pets to tame? Most of what I have is from before pet training was a thing.

If I wanted to auction pre-patch pets, how would I do that to protect myself from myself? I have never auctioned anything off and have little idea what my pre-patch pets may be worth. I posted about my bane and found that it may be valued between 600m to 1p, would do better on Atlantic but do not have shard shields so kind of stuck. With all of the shard shields out there, why would people not pay the same when they can come and get it?
release most of them. Sell expensive one. But I predict you will be like all we hoarders are : buy more stable slots or move all skills to another character and start filling his stables.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
release most of them
Most are untrained, just really don't know what to do with them/how to use them. I have a cookie cutter Chiv/AI Triton, CU, and Giant Beetle. I almost missed my Mystic Skree, that was fun to build and play around with. The Naj sounds cool but I rarely do any spawns.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
You can use beetles or give them to your miner.
Giant is not bad with FWW killing Raptors for their red leather. But you can replace it with bad of sending. Fire beetle - for Yomotsu Mines when you need shadow iron.
Skree is nice pet , but weak. I had only 2 times when it managed to turn on its Archer AI. Not going into melee but rather using spells from distance. If I will have any idea how to turn this on permanently , I will go and get more.
And Skree was a pet which made me my first million. I gave one to somebody who liked it and he gave me 1 MIL . That time I never had more than 300k . Even bard 120 PS prices looked like something unbelievable for me.

Ascalon

Adventurer
If you have a treasure hunter, you can pull 105's and 110 scrolls by doing maps in Fel. Before you do your pre-patch mares, I'd recommend training some of the ones that spawn now. If you pvm, it might not be a pet you'd use often. It really depends on what you hunt.

Two pets I'd suggest that are cheap to build and run that I'd recommend are Firesteed and Cu. They are useful on getting yourself a good Cu. Do a loop between killing demons for fame and honor with your Cu and then turning over the Cu spawn with your Firesteed. Both of these can be Discord and AI pets. 120 Discord is a fairly cheap scroll, and the rest you can do at 110 level. You'll end up with a few good Cu's after doing this a while. If you kill your deamons of whatever level suits you in Fel, you'll grab more maps too.

If you want a pet for turning over nightmares, take a look at the odd pets thread. I use my anniversary horse to do that, since you can level them to 3 slots, leaving 2 slots for the mare you will tame. A trained one can handle the paragons.

You mentioned Siege. Scrolls are priced at an attainable level there.

The 4 slot Cu you mention, you could keep it for a trainer if you take 1 slot pets to the Crazy Mage to level them. With 1 slot pets, you can get their skills up by getting two and having them spar and then vetting them.

You mentioned some of the shards you have tamers on, but what's your main one, and can you mention what type of style of play you prefer. Like for me, I'd say solo pvm and casual/hobbyist level low drama guild.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
You mentioned some of the shards you have tamers on, but what's your main one, and can you mention what type of style of play you prefer. Like for me, I'd say solo pvm and casual/hobbyist level low drama guild.
My main is Chessy and mainly do solo PvM stuff.

Ascalon

Adventurer
I have 25 of 27 slots used. The following are unntrained: 1 PP dragon, 1 PP white wyrm, 2 PP nightmares, .... 3 slot dread, .... a 3 slot bane, .... PP 4 slot white CU, 3 PP colored 4 slot hiyrus

Suggestions?
Help?
From what I understand, PP White wyrm, PP Nightmare, Dread, Bane are irreplaceable (meaning not available as a current spawn). I'd suggest setting them aside for now.

The PP Cu, PP Hiyrus, and PP dragon might not have any value, meaning they might be the same or worse than current spawn, but absolutely get some verification on that before getting rid of them.

PP White Wyrm, there is some sort of "guide" that someone figured out to use to determine which generation it is, I can't locate it, but maybe someone else has or could locate that information. From what I remember there were only 6 or so from the oldest generation known to exist then a few generations between that and current spawn, with different features that will help you know what era yours is from.

Ascalon

Adventurer
I knew I'd seen it somewhere. FTW had posted the info on the generations of White Wyrms. It was in the taming thread about cross shard selling of pets. This should help you identify the one you have.
White Wyrm Generations.jpg