• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Boost to melee gains...

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe a boost to melee gains in dungeons? To get the dungeons populated again..the new dungeon revamps are awesome minus a few bugs and drop issues..but let's stop the Luna golem whacking and make people gain skills on real monsters again..used to be Tons of people at jhelly pits, del , and dungeons(im aware whacking npcs is not a dungeon but at least there was "social interaction" with fellow noobs to help gain game interaction and even fellow hunters to help you..now it's very sparse tho maybe even a res gate at the tram dungeon entrances since the population is very low on most shards to make it more appealing..I don't know just a thought

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xalan Dementia

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thatd be nice. i was thinkin maybe they could do something RP wise were blackrock formations shot up out of dungeon floors causing the old accelerated gains that the old blackrock area did in t2a. maybe have the formations move or do something else cool too

O'Brien

Thought Police
Stratics Veteran
Maybe a boost to melee gains in dungeons? To get the dungeons populated again..the new dungeon revamps are awesome minus a few bugs and drop issues..but let's stop the Luna golem whacking and make people gain skills on real monsters again..used to be Tons of people at jhelly pits, del , and dungeons(im aware whacking npcs is not a dungeon but at least there was "social interaction" with fellow noobs to help gain game interaction and even fellow hunters to help you..now it's very sparse tho maybe even a res gate at the tram dungeon entrances since the population is very low on most shards to make it more appealing..I don't know just a thought
No. Sorry.

Maybe limit gains on golem-whacking, yes.

But luring a bunch of skill trainers to the dungeons adds nothing to the dungeon experience. Dungeons should be a place of wonder and awe for new players, a place to seek riches, and vanquish evil. Not a place to get them powergaming early on. Fix the dungeon bugs. You call them minor, I call them major. If the last time I visted Wrong Fel. on Pacific, I could not get a reward for rescuing prisoners, and I couldn't enter the treasure room after completing the maze, we're not talking about minor bugs. Maybe those are fixed now, I haven't checked.

There used to be tons of people in dungeons and elsewhere, yes. I hate to burst your bubble, but there aren't that many players anymore period, and boosting melee gains in dungeons ain't gonna change that.

Res gate? = Easy button... That's what Gift of Life and Sacrifice virtue is for... Lets just tweak Gift of Life a bit to prevent res killing.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
but let's stop the Luna golem whacking and make people gain skills on real monsters again..
Very good idea. I trained all melee skills in dungeons as I hate golem-fighting. Made Legendary Swords, Fencing and Maces at the Mini-Spawns in the Abyss (Archery, too). Why? Golems are boring - no loot, no chance for a drop. Training in dungeons gives you a chance for regs/mats, gold, fame/karma, loyalty points, arties and so on. Makes me feel better to gain to 120 in fencing AND finding a basilisk hide breastplate afterwards ;)

So, training in dungeons is much more rewarding - and it would be this way even if you DON´T enable a faster gain there. However, THAT would be a nice addon. I would like it.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have to disagree with the idea of limiting golem wacking. While I certainly think that a true new player misses a great deal of learning by training this way, a true new player can't train on a golem without some help. (I never met a true new player who started off with a golem by his side and a 100% poison weapon in his melee skill of choice in his pack). As for the rest of us, training in dungeons is still an option for those that enjoy it, personally I do not. I have trained virtually every skill the old fashioned way. I know how dungeons and monsters work. There is very little value to me by going back and killing lizardmen just because I want to change out swordsmanship for fencing. Like most veteran players, I have multiple accounts, so being able to train on a golem while I hunt, fish, or craft make adding a new character or skill much more palatable.

Please don't confuse the need for a more functional new player expeience with the ability of veteran players to train new skills.

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hum the gains hitting a golem ARE the same as the gains hitting a Mob the differernce is that the golems doesn't hurt you anddoesn't die. You can get the same gains in a dungeon hitting monsters that are the same level of dificulty to hit but they will die .

What needs to and should have happened as soon as it was found that a 100% poison weapon doesnt harm a golem is STOP it.

Other than that drawing people to train in dungeons for the simple purpoe of traiing skills is a BAD idea.

Phangs_of_Phage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
They did change it to where the weapons hurt the golems weins. They only do 1 damage but will kill a golem in like 10 mins unattended. I'm not against golem training as a vet because I have 120'd almost every skill several times. But when new players come and get directed to do golem training and pretty much told to just macro until they are 110+ skill that is an issue.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do people ever use the advanced training dummies from the Gothic theme pack? It will help you train a weapon skill to 60, plus it actually hits/does damage to your character fairly often.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well most vets like myself have prepatched golems..or multi client a tinker from what I understand I guess whacking a golem isn't as huge of an issue as Un attending whacking the golem..but then again unattended everything has always been an issue lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk