• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Book of Masteries, Can't switch Masteries

Meshak

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Merry Christmas all.

I completed the quest for Provo and had that. I used the mastery and loved it. I then completed the quest for Discord. I tried out discord and then tried to go back and use Provo Mastery, but it tells me that I'm on the wrong path.

I've read posts where it states that I should click on the little green swirly icon at the top right of the mastery book. I don't have a green swirly icon. I hope I don't have to tame 5 more rabbits and provoke them on healers again.

What are your thoughts?

Thank you and have a great day.

Meshak

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Single click on book for a drop down menu and choose switch masteries. There is like a 15 min cooldown to switch.

Meshak

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Well I redid the provo quest and now have provo mastery. As I mentioned in the original post, I was stuck using only the Discord Mastery. I tried clicking on the Mastery Book, a single click and cannot change. I still get the message that I'm not on the right path. Still no swirly icon to click on. I've single clicked on the page, I've double clicked on the page, I've tried shift click and of course right click closes the book. Provo Masteries no longer even appear in the book. I'm stuck here.

Thanks

Meshak

Haidon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I performed the Peacemaking quest to obtain the Mastery book one of my bards sometime back (years), I never performed the Discord or Provo quests on that character, I'm sure of that. When I single left click on my Book of Masteries in my backpack, I get a box that states "Switch Mastery". If I single left click on the box, I get a list on my masteries that I can choose. On this character I have Provocation Mastery, Peacemaking Mastery and Discord Mastery, all Tier: 3. I have always assumed that this was the way it was supposed to work:
Bard Masteries - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia
If you are not getting this result, I don't know why a problem is occurring. Sorry.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Meshak

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Thank you Haidon! The secret was right clicking on the closed book. Merry Christmas!