• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bonus or special loot to Eodon maps?

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Only just had my first Eodon Trove map and I wonder has anyone got anything special from there?

To be blunt, when you dig up the chest and have 4 Allosaurus spawn among other mobs which you MUST kill before you can open the chest, it's just not worth the time. They are not difficult by any means but at 25,000 ish HP each it's nothing but a time sink. Consider that even Rikktor, a champion, has only 15,000 HP.

Surely the Allosaurus should spawn adjusted like they are on the Eodon champ spawn?

I did finish the map which took probably 50+ minutes and the chest loot was quite frankly pitiful, just not worth the time invested.

Unless there is something special in Eodon I certainly won't be touching another Eodon map.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I rather not dig up chests in lands where I cannot mark a rune or gate in and out of so that two facets I will now NOT be doing maps for

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
@Drakelord, I have 2 t-hunters. I prefer the mystic t-hunter - he's my original - but for Ilshenar, I've gotten pretty handy with my tamer and using a beetle. It gives me a place to store the loot so I don't have to run around so much.

Nearly all of them are near some moongate and easy to get to. If they're not, I toss them in a chest for 30 days and get a new location.

I haven't done the Eodon maps yet, but I suppose I'll get used to this jawbone in finding locations and do the same thing.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
@Dizzy My old t hunter was a stealth/mage back before pub 22, after that I went with a tamer, today I am using two characters for the level 4-5 maps, the t hunter tamer with remove trap and the Myst mage with LPing. For the Level 1-3 I am casting unlock after remove trap. Since there is so little loot in a chest today I can carry everything out in a hot sale bag straight to Luna vendors and trash can.

Before the BIG changes to maps I used to mark a rune, empty the chest out into a bag, recall to the stables put the pet up, get the bug and go back grab the bag, drop it at home, log in the imbuer, unravel and toss the rest in the trash. I never trained up a bug. I like Dragons and Mares, and I alway put the Bug as a access for the crafters, for my t hunter its a cargo carrier, but since the new maps I have yet to log it out to carry a bag to luna.

I still use my dragon and mare for all my maps.

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
@Drakelord, I have 2 t-hunters. I prefer the mystic t-hunter - he's my original - but for Ilshenar, I've gotten pretty handy with my tamer and using a beetle. It gives me a place to store the loot so I don't have to run around so much.

Nearly all of them are near some moongate and easy to get to. If they're not, I toss them in a chest for 30 days and get a new location.

I haven't done the Eodon maps yet, but I suppose I'll get used to this jawbone in finding locations and do the same thing.
My T-Hunter is just a regular mage this is why I party with 2 of my Tamers... with the 2 tamers in tow I can easily do most maps and have a tamer handy to tame anything that I want to keep... She can also cast EVs when needed and rez if something goes really wrong...

But my T-Hunter rides a beetle... who dies a LOT... I considered taking a blue beetle on one of my tamers but the Disco Cu is real nice and I like him. I have finally trained up a tamer on the T-Hunter account considering swapping out skills and such but I really like Rik. RP wise he's a lot of fun my T-Hunter... He's a Dwarf... Rik Gemtracker... he works for Gems. That's his main love and these new maps with the bags of Gems are right up his alley... He's been over the moon since the change... he hasn't even minded losing his mining (too much though he is a dwarf so mining and such was in his blood)... for the remove trap... Though being a thief is not his thing sniffing out buried Gems is.

Tanager

Sage
Stratics Veteran
From what I can tell, the only special loot to Eodon chests are whips and Eodonian style gear. I am still hoping they will consider adding Eodon craft materials to the artisan stash/supply maps (tiger pelts, turtle chute, perfect bananas, etc). Also, you can get the occasional recipe or arty pack drop while killing the spawn, which is a little less tedious than straight farming for a drop.

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Also, you can get the occasional recipe or arty pack drop while killing the spawn, which is a little less tedious than straight farming for a drop.
Unless you have to kill 4 Allosaurus at 25k health each, guessing cos they show ??? Till about 10k or so, then its insanely tedious. Even more so when the one you lure off to kill resets to the chest. Tedium is not a strong enough word!

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
In fact just to put it more in perspective, the Harrower has about 40k HP and you get a **** load of stat scrolls from him!

4x Allosaurus is over 100k HP to deal with and you get nothing other than being able to open the chest with less than average loot!

I'm not saying, give us **** loads of stat scrolls from Allosaurus, I'm just saying they need toned down on t-maps or make the effort worth it.

Why they have 25k HP in the first place as natural spawn is questionable cos their loot is awful.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
In fact just to put it more in perspective, the Harrower has about 40k HP and you get a **** load of stat scrolls from him!

4x Allosaurus is over 100k HP to deal with and you get nothing other than being able to open the chest with less than average loot!

I'm not saying, give us **** loads of stat scrolls from Allosaurus, I'm just saying they need toned down on t-maps or make the effort worth it.

Why they have 25k HP in the first place as natural spawn is questionable cos their loot is awful.
Since it is the highest level map they had to make it challenging (they were going to spawn T-Rex for Trove chests lol) but I definitely agree it that 4 of those things shouldn't spawn. I don't see them changing this though because this is actually what the DEVs want; to make treasure chests more of a group play (which would make it easier when 4 Allosaurus spawn). That said, the loot I've seen in the chests certainly doesn't justify the time required to kill more than one Allosaurus. I would have spawned that and probably just walked away lol

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It could be worse....

No seriously, it could have been

That was a chest on Test Center when it was originally introduced there. 4 T-Rex, 2 allosaurus.

The Doctor

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Paladin Sword.jpg Anyone else find a Paladin sword and know if you can get one you can imbue from artisan supply?