• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Mysticism] Bones??

Frodo Baggins

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have been searching the wild for bones for some of the mysticism spells. Could someone tell me where I can get them - what do I kill or where can I buy? I find bones on many monsters but not the ones that you use for mysticism
Thanks

K

Kiminality

Try the mystics in Ter Mur - I think they sell them.
Otherwise, hunt shadow wisps, and use scissors on the various bone-related things you can loot from them.

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I find the shadow wisps to be a very good place for bones, as are giant serpents (if you also need spined leather). If you place the bones in a recycle bag, they will all be cut at once when you choose the recycle option.

Stayin Alive,

BG

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Old thread. New Mystic training. And ran out of bones.

My skill is only 50'ish, so hunting is out of the question. I don't mind buying them, but there are only 2 mystics, so I can only buy 40 bones at a time.

Where would I get, say, 1000?

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Are there bones there? Or just a skill training suggestion?

Tamais

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I get most of my bones off ant lions. Each one has them plus you can get ore and fertile dirt

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I'm finding this frustrating, not being able to get enough reagents to train. In particular, I need bones and fertile dirt now. The two mytics in Tel Mur only sell 20 each which last all of 5 minutes. am I supposed to sit here all weekend to drive the respawn rate up? There's got to be a better way.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Daemon bones? Dragon blood? I'm used to going into mage shops and buying black pearl until I'm overloaded. How do you gather enough reagents to make mysticism worth the time? I only have a few hours a week to play, and I was hoping to spend it t-hunting, not gathering regs.

Gnoopey

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm finding this frustrating, not being able to get enough reagents to train. In particular, I need bones and fertile dirt now. The two mytics in Tel Mur only sell 20 each which last all of 5 minutes. am I supposed to sit here all weekend to drive the respawn rate up? There's got to be a better way.
You can get the NPC's to double their stock if you go visit (and buy all they have what you need) them in 20 minutes or so intervals ! And there are 3 mystic NPC's in Ter Mur ... the third one is NW of the stable ...

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Looks like LRC is the only real viable method. The regs themselves are too time consuming to gather.

Henzy

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Bones are the lesser pain in the butt if you don't have 100% LRC armour, you can ask the fishermen. Preloot for chests is otentimes "a pile of bones". These piles can be cut with scissors and voilà, you got your bones. Or you buy them for 3gp at the mystics in Ter Mur.
Now don't mix this up with DAEMON bone, which is, just like dragon blood, not for sale by NPC vendors.
So these reagents are only needed for inscription, where LRC doesn't work. That is why the myticism spellbooks are so expensive.
Up The Irons,
Henzy