• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bone Container

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Anyone recall where you can get Bone containers that just say "Bones"...

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Just a plain bone container... not named. I swear you can get some from killing something... I just can't remember what. I know the Ant Lion gives ones that say things like A something mages Bones, Bard, and something else I can't remember right now... but I want just the plain bone container.

PoiZ-Ivy

Adventurer
An Unknown Rogue's Skeleton is an infrequent loot item occasionally found on some monsters associated with the Plague of Despair event arc(i.e. Ant Lion). The skeleton is a container (one of at least two different shapes) that holds what you might expect to find on NPC treasure hunters, including basic armor pieces, weapons, tools, and a treasure map (Adept).(varies level 1-3?)

It should not be confused with the much rarer, and no longer spawning, container simply labeled "Bones".

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I swear it does spawn... somewhere... so hum... maybe I'm just dreaming.

NinjaSampire

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I think you can get them down in the Solens. From the ant lions. Might be wrong but think thats where i got mine.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I used to get them in Brit Graveyard...I think it was from the chests that were locked in the buildings I think.... but maybe it was looted? I can't really remember except it was definitely in Brit Graveyard; of course this was 15+ years ago so they might not spawn there anymore.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I used to get them in Brit Graveyard...I think it was from the chests that were locked in the buildings I think.... but maybe it was looted? I can't really remember except it was definitely in Brit Graveyard; of course this was 15+ years ago so they might not spawn there anymore.
the plain ones that just say "bones" came from there, as well as (on Atlantic at least) pure black clothing. never understood why pure black clothing would be in them too.

Dryzzid of Atlantic

Lore Master
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I recall them being a pretty common "semi-rare", but can't for the life of me remember where we used to get them. The unnamed ones I mean, not the ant lion ones.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I recall that too but again I can't remember where we got them... I swear it was from killing something... but I just don't know what.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Plain white bone containers saying simply “bones” were uncommon loot from several different monster types (harpies, 1 of the 3 but I forget which Ogres/Ettins/Trolls, and other lower tier spawn) but stopped spawning around 2003-4. There are 6 different graphics(I think?). Players requested a return of the containers for deco & they returned with names on Ant Lions. The names were added for deco and to differentiate them from the original non spawning versions. The containers returned again w/o names but in colors for the Prime Evil spawn puzzles. I have a couple full sets for a museum but never got around to putting them out. They’ve never been worth much but for nostalgia they’re kept by some. They may have been available in dungeon chests or elsewhere long ago but all mine came from monster loot so that’s all I could comment on.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Regular Bone Containers could be stolen from a few buildings in Brit Graveyard over a decade ago. They don't spawn anymore.

Reactions: Gem

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well I know I never went stealing any... but I'm guessing I got the ones I have probably from IDOCs... thanks.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
you didn't have to steal them, they could just be picked up out of unlocked dungeon chests.

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
i have 1 'bones' container on GL that you can have. it's just taking up lockdown space. i have a bunch of them scattered across the shards. pm me if you want it.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I don't need any thanks I was just wondering how I'd gotten them and where I'd gotten them from.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
from what i know which isnt much lol, they are old and cant get anymore. i use to save them from idocs.

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only place I for sure remember seeing them is on the floor of the Britain graveyard. I saw them yesterday. They are laying on the ground in the buildings. I cannot remember if "back in the day" if there were any chests in the buildings or not. There are no chests now.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sounds like these Bone containers came from a lot of Places! :)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Sounds that way... or we all have different memories of where they come from... I could swear though that something in the last 2 or 3 years dropped some but I can't recall what... or maybe I'm dreaming.

Dryzzid of Atlantic

Lore Master
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@MalagAste I found some on the Atl vendor search if you were actually needing any in-game. You're welcome to them but they're on Atlantic.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It's ok I don't need any I was just trying to figure out where the ones I do have came from as I just couldn't remember... I really like bone containers.

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I got some from shame once a long time ago. I don't think they spawn anymore. I kind of wish they'd put stuff like that back in the game. The bones, the bucket, the bushel and the blood tile to name a few. I wish all those still spawned but they don't. :sad4:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I wish you could kill the Liches for the old stuff like you could get... the crystal balls... and such... but you can't get those anymore either...

Pix

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
That brings back memories ..... standing/camping chests waiting for them to spawn 'goodies' .... in Dungeons like Shame & Despise, and down in Orc Valley.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The bones called just 'bones' containers no longer spawn, only the named ones from antlions.

Kuru

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This.

“Bones” that function as a container, but look just like the ones from ant lions, spawned in that little locked wooden box in one of the buildings in the Brit graveyard. They no longer spawn.