• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tailoring] Bone Collecting

T

Teufel_Hund

I am tired of paying over 500 per bone on GL, what is the best monster to get Bones off of?

R

RichDC

Your best bet is to head to the ilsh oaks spawn at spirituality and kill shadow wisps, due to it being a champ there in abundance (just make sure you have possitive karma!) another is the twisted weald (same first level spawn)

Tuferon

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Definitely the dark wisps in Ilsh. Fast spawn easy kills. I dont even take the single bone loot. Just take the piles and the cutting is much faster and you have 1000 in klike no time at all

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Definitely the dark wisps in Ilsh. Fast spawn easy kills. I dont even take the single bone loot. Just take the piles and the cutting is much faster and you have 1000 in klike no time at all
This is what I do. I even kill them on a trained blue pack beetle so I can throw the cut up bones on them and not have to recall/run back. The only thing now to watch out for is people doing the champ, so go get bones at odd times to avoid them.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
folks, please call them by their name "shadow wisps".

"Dark Wisps" are a REALLY nasty aggro Ilshenar spawn in dungeons, with no bones but lots of gold. AND they also spawn in the Ilshenar Oaks area on Siege Perilous, from what I understand.

That's the kind of confusion that can lead to really upset players.

N

Natalie Black

Ant lions are good too as they also give you ore.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ant lions are good too as they also give you ore.
Ant lions are nice, but ever since the fast spawn fix they spawn very slowly. I guess if you're rotating through everything in the area it's ok, but I hate waiting, hehe.