• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bonding Question

G

I know the bonding process....

Feed, stable for 7 days, feed again, bonded.

But what if I feed before that 7 day timer has elapsed? Is the 7 day timer reset? Or can I just feed at the 7 day mark?

The reason I ask is because I have so many pets in stables waiting to bond, I don't know when they were put there, and I'm afraid to feed them too early, but I'm very impatient. any help?

J

joblackjon

Re-feeding has no known effect on the timer.
However, the timer is not exactly 7 days. I've had some pets bond in 6 days and others that needed 9 days to bond.

G

Went to bond my rune the other night and forgot to put my jewels on. -.- Got the "You do not have sufficient skill to bond with this pet." message.

Tried again an hour later and once again, I took of my casting jewels but forgot to put on my taming Jewels. >.< Got the same message.

Went to bond it last night with making doubley sure that I had my jewels on, and it didn't bond. :/

ZippyTwitch

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You have to keep the jewels on the entire week if you dont have enough real skill to bond them. cant take them off or it resets the timer.

G

Wait a sec.....

I had my jewelery taken on and off all week... but I didnt try to bond it...

You mean that I have to have the jewelery on during the ENTIRE bonding process whether the pet is with me or not???

G

<blockquote><hr>

You have to keep the jewels on the entire week if you dont have enough real skill to bond them. cant take them off or it resets the timer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty sure this is false. Not sure where you got that information, but I tamed a a nightmare when my lore was only in the 94ish range and my taming was in the 88ish ranger, and with rings they were up around 105. I took the rings off multiple times to switch to mage rings and after a week he bonded.

Also, the rune beetle gave me the message "you don't have the required skill to bond with this pet" when I tried to without my jewelry. If I had needed the skill the entire week it would not have given me any message about being bonded I am pretty sure.

Also, you don't have to stable the pet for it to bond according to UO's official site. I'm guessing stabling is just useful because there is no chance of your pet being knocked off?
But the info on the "official site" could be wrong... or out of date.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I'm guessing stabling is just useful because there is no chance of your pet being knocked off?

[/ QUOTE ]

Precisely. Thats why I stable one pet, then go tame another one so I can play around with it. But I think that maybe I'm just being impatient. I was told by a good friend(vet player for 10 yrs) that jewelery can come on and off during that week, and I trust her word. I have 91 taming, jewelery up to 120. So I think I should be okay... I just need to wait I guess

G

You dont need to keep your jewelry on the whole time, just put it on before you take it out of the stable.

ZippyTwitch

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yea I tried that awhile back and my pets would not bond while I kept taking off my jewels everydays. I had to keep them on a week before pets would bond. So I speak from personal experience in this.

C

Conrad99

I have pulled a pet out without jewlery on fed it got the "message". Put jewlery on fed it and it bonded.

Just for information.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Yea I tried that awhile back and my pets would not bond while I kept taking off my jewels everydays. I had to keep them on a week before pets would bond. So I speak from personal experience in this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Both my rune beetle and one of my cu's bonded last night for me. Didn't have my jewels on all week, not even half of the week so I don't think that it matters. Its possible to take longer than a week at times though, up to 9 days and it does matter to have your jewels on when you go to bond.