• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bonding question

S

sayler04

I've always thought that the ability to bond with a pet was based on your real taming skill. Is this true, or does the jewelry you are wearing when you stable and/or claim the pet have any bearing?

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've always thought that the ability to bond with a pet was based on your real taming skill. Is this true, or does the jewelry you are wearing when you stable and/or claim the pet have any bearing?
Skill items will work, just make sure you have them equipped when you first feed the pet and then when you feed it a week later to bond it.

Wenchy

C

Caelas

How long would it take to get a pet to bond with you if you have no taming skills and you don't stable the pet? I got a fire beetle last night from a guildmate, and I plan on using it quite a bit over the next few days at least.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Most of my non tamers just used their beetles without feeding them for a week and that bonded them up fine. Feed it then leave it another 7, I prefer 8 days to be sure, then feed again and it should bond.

Wenchy

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Regardless of Stableing or not it is the same requirement in terms of Loyalty and time. Stableing just insures there is no drop in loyaltyt,

So if you keep it, just keep feeding it and it will bond.

J

Juraveil

I have been gone for 1-2years and I just found I have a Cu sideh in the stables not bonded yet. Is it still able to bond? I fed it but it still is tamed just not sure since its soooo far past the 7days it usually takes.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have been gone for 1-2years and I just found I have a Cu sideh in the stables not bonded yet. Is it still able to bond? I fed it but it still is tamed just not sure since its soooo far past the 7days it usually takes.
I would say take it out every night for the next 2 weeks (Max) give it a Fruit/Vegitable and see if it Bonds :) I suspect it will :thumbsup:

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It'll still be able to bond, but if you hadn't fed it when it was stabled initially, you'll have to go through the process from the start - feed it, stable it for a week and try again. I tend to stable for 8 days to ensure I don't feed the pet too early :)

Wenchy