• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bonding Problem

B

BobfromUO

I got my first greater dragon last week. I stabled it, fed it, gave it commands. After 10 days it still has not bonded to me. Am I missing something? I thought it was a week.

S

Sarphus

You have to have a certain skill level in taming/lore to bond creatures. Aside from that, you just have to feed a creature, wait a week and feed it again.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have 115 taming and 106 lore. What do I need?
That is sufficient.

BUT

If it is derived by Jewelry, then you need to have that Jewelry on you every time you take the Pet out. *Just a speculation on my part*

If my speculation is correct and you made a mistake and got the message the pet wont bond with you, I believe that would reset the Bonding timer.

J

jelinidas

I have the same problem with two Gdrags. It will be 2 weeks tomorrow that they have been stabled. I have 115 tame and 110 lore. Fed on day one and then twice a day on 7,8,9,10,11,12,and 13.
Houston, we have a problem (besides Ike).

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Having read this thread ....

I went and tamed a Reptilon (sp), yeah it is a waste of stable space but I wanted to have one. That was on the 4th of September. (11 days ago from the date of this posting)

The next day I tamed an UpGrade SkyBlue Cu (actually pretty good stats). (10 days ago from the date of this posting)

Neither are willing to Bond, so far.

S

Sarphus

I sent in feedback to EA to look into pet bonding. I explained that a few people are reporting having problems bonding. If there's a problem with bonding they should find it.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*Sigh*

I really do need to stop being a slackerd and write down how to do feedback.

I will post when and if they ever bond.

S

Sarphus

*Sigh*

I really do need to stop being a slackerd and write down how to do feedback.

I will post when and if they ever bond.
I'm not sure if your comment meant you don't know how to get to the feedback form, but that's how I interpreted it.

To send in feedback you just: go to
www.uo.com
click the link for "Feedback" on nav bar on the left side of the UO site
Fill out the form and submit

Make sure you pick the best-fitting category, because that determines how the message gets routed (I think).

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks I have printed your message and now have no excuse to not do the feedback thing. It is after all my friend :)

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The "Token Reptalon" bonded last night, which puts it at 14 days rather than 7.

I tried the Cu this morning and it did not bond, but then it shouldn't bond until this evening anyway.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well the Cu bonded this morning and I assume it would have bonded on time last night.

That puts two for two at a 14 days to Bond cycle.