• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bonding observation

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
About a week ago, I tamed two bake kitsune with my 0-taming necromancer and had so much fun with them, I decided to keep them.

I fed them, stabled them, then started to work on my taming in order to start the bonding process.

Last night, I reached 81 taming and 86 lore and decided to bond my two (well, now three) new pets. I pulled them out of the stable and gave each a fish steak... and lo and behold! One of them bonded on the spot!

It just so happens that the one that bonded was the one who followed me around during my taming training, which meant that I did feed it once or twice during the week (usually after I forgot to bring the wolf out before commanding it), so I think that may have had something to do with it, but it does bring up a couple of questions.

When does the bonding process start?

How much taming is needed to start the bonding process?

Can you start the process with only necromancy and a dark wolf? (I know you can't end it that way, having tried it before, but can it start that way?)

Is the taming needed to bond your pet only checked at the end of the bonding cycle?

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would assume the skill check is only happening at the second feed by what you're saying. I've never tried starting the bonding process without the skill levels I needed to test it. Though now I think about it, my fisher had kitsune transferred just below skill and they bonded when she was trained a bit. So yeah, I'd say it's the second feeding when the pet checks your taming skill is enough.

Wenchy

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
About a week ago, I tamed two bake kitsune with my 0-taming necromancer and had so much fun with them, I decided to keep them.

I fed them, stabled them, then started to work on my taming in order to start the bonding process.

Last night, I reached 81 taming and 86 lore and decided to bond my two (well, now three) new pets. I pulled them out of the stable and gave each a fish steak... and lo and behold! One of them bonded on the spot!

It just so happens that the one that bonded was the one who followed me around during my taming training, which meant that I did feed it once or twice during the week (usually after I forgot to bring the wolf out before commanding it), so I think that may have had something to do with it, but it does bring up a couple of questions.

When does the bonding process start?

How much taming is needed to start the bonding process?

Can you start the process with only necromancy and a dark wolf? (I know you can't end it that way, having tried it before, but can it start that way?)

Is the taming needed to bond your pet only checked at the end of the bonding cycle?
You are required to have the minimum skill to tame, to bond the pet.

You need to have had the pet for 1 week (there is one or more bugs in the game that may make that never happen or 2 weeks and not 1 week).

This is why you get the message, "You lack the skill .....", until you do have sufficient skill in taming.

NBG

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Adding to the observation...

I got 2 bakes as well on necro and waited a week then got the don't have enough taming skill to bond message.

So I raised my taming up to the min of 80.7 for bakes according to stratics then tried to feed them again to bond them. When I feed them again.... I simply got the your pet is happier message.

I guess you need the taming skill required at the start of the bonding process. I am currently waiting on another week so I can see if I can bond them at 80.7 taming.