• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bonding... Changes needed?

M

maroite

I love bonding, but come on its a bit rediculous. Tamers use their pets as weapons, and when we find a nice one we have to wait SEVEN days to be able to "insure" its survival.

This needs changed. You can leave bonding to 7 days with 0 taming/lore, but if a tamer is 120 taming/lore don't you think the pet could bond a bit faster?

If you think about it, no other class or build has to wait 7 days to use their main weapon/armor. Mages don't have to wait 7 days to use that new slayer book they just bought, and dexxers don't have to wait 7 days to insure that new amazing weapon they bought. So why is it that a tamer has to wait 7 days to SAFELY (thats the key word, and I hope you all catch it) use their weapons?

Samaira

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think its fine the way it is. Don't need any other reasons for the nerf-stick crowd to look our way.

And regardless, it's realistically much longer than seven days until that "weapon" is at its best, as you have to figure in training time.

Taming requires more patience than most (if not all) other skill-sets, it's one of the trade-offs for the power of the template.

*shrugs* my 2gp.

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's fine the way it is. If you "need" a pet faster, stable the one you want to bond and go tame a throwaway pet.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't grudge waiting 7 days to have a pet that remains with me forever. You can still use the pet in the meantime, or simply tame a throwaway stunt pet to use while the other is stabled.

So what if a warrior can use his sword the minute he gets it?- chances are he'll insure it, throw some PoF on it and use a steady supply of repair deeds. Those can all amount to a lot of gold over the sword's lifetime. Our system is free so I'd say we've got it better IMHO.

Wenchy

F

Fingers of Cats

HAHA... you guys remember what it was like before your pets could recall with you and you had to make gates EVERY TIME you went somewhere?!? Or when your pet died and it was gone... forever? WOW... I think 7 days makes it more worth it :) Means you have to find that special Nightmare with all the stats or whatnot!

Xenobia

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree with everyone else. Leave it alone and don't draw more attention to us tamers. We have plenty of haters out there as it is and to toss this in will just make em yell louder. I have several "backup" pets to use while I wait out my 7 days. No big deal

Lady Arwen

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah I agree, waiting 7 days is alot better than not having them bond at all as Fingers mentioned. Just basically what everyone else said.. Have backup pets in the stables, or tame a throw away one while your waiting :) I think that 7 days is well worth the wait because once it is bonded you have it forever.