• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bon Voyage Friend

Ron Bron

Former President
VIP
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
It is with respect and gratitude that we bid farewell to our friend and leader, Airmid. Airmid has shown devotion to Stratics through the best and worst of times, and was instrumental in navigating several of the past changes in ownership of the website. She also stepped up as a website leader in the recent history, and provided valuable strategy, oversight, and structure to the community. Through all of it, Airmid remained an involved community member, known and appreciated by all. Airmid is not leaving the community, but is retiring from staff. It is time for beaches and beverages! We wish her fair winds, and following seas!

The following message is provided by Airmid:

Hi all,

Stratics has been my reason to keep going through hard times and laugh through good times with everyone. I have seen many transitions and helped out with every new leadership. When Taylor purchased Stratics, it was a chance to bring the main things back to the basics as a fansite where the community could truly support the games they love while the technology and design of the forums and site reflected the evolution Stratics needs to survive.

This evolution continues under Ryan's leadership. This is not a suit or faceless corporation. This is a guy who loves gaming and loves to facilitate ways for gamers to relate and respond to each other with the titles they enjoy. His vision is a a good one because he also understands that at the core of it all, we are MMO players because we want to interact with others, in game and out. It feels good to take my leave on such a positive note. As part of leadership in the past, there are things that have hardened my heart in order to accomplish difficult things and the lines of leadership and maintaining friendships get blurry. I want to get back to me and what I enjoy. I am not leaving in support of or in deviance of anyone or anything at Stratics. This is the time for those who have stepped forward to really shine with their skills and abilities in support of Ryan and Stratics. It is a good balance of seasoning with a new recipe combining their guidance of Stratics' longstanding ethos, the other volunteer staff that has always been here to do what they enjoy in the best ways, and his understanding of the incredible platform Stratics provides for gamers and developers. I had planned all along to help navigate this transition then take some time for myself but felt it good to stick around awhile longer and help find good support. I encourage anyone who is interested in bringing Stratics to the forefront of the gaming community once again, to contact Ryan personally.

You will always find me playing something, getting trolled by Cirno in some new game and focusing on laughter again. I need it like my feet need the sand in the ocean's tides. As Stratics continues with it's 17th Anniversay, I wish everyone here a time to reflect on good memories and the incredible opportunity to create new ones. I love you guys.

Airmid

If you'd like to stay in touch, you can find me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/KarinasTweets streaming on Twitch:http://www.twitch.tv/airmid or at airmid G+ http://bit.ly/ZTZNlG

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
As with all the others, you will be missed here on Stratics, and never ever forgotten. I am a better person to have known you, good luck in wherever the sand takes you :)

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Airmid's not _gone_

She's just gonna go wriggle toes in sand, drink margaritas all day, and be lazy on the beach!
She's still a very vibrant community member. :)

enjoy Airmid! just leave some of those cabana boys for me!

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Over the last couple of years I have found a true friend in Airmid. We have more in common than we ever knew. I am happy to have shard so much with you my favorite pixie. I hope you spread your pixie dust all over the place in your retirement. You deserve to rest, enjoy that man's company, and just play games with friends like the good ole days. I am glad you have found a comfy spot to kick back and play. I am always around for TSW and promise not to leave you at the dump like "some people" LOL
Friends forever no matter what we might be doing with our spare time. Pinky swear!
Luvyameenit.

GasaiYuno

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I've known her since I started working here which was like..a year or more ago? Anyway, it's honestly sad to see her go but I can sorta understand why..

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wow, most of the other staff leaving I at least somewhat expected would happen eventually, but Airmid leaving surprises me quite a bit.

You will be missed Airmid, I haven't known you for very long, but saw from the beginning what a big part of the Stratics community you have been. Although it is great we will still get to see you around the forums sometimes, so it's not a total loss at least :)

Last edited:

GasaiYuno

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
WTF @AirmidCecht is gone? I only use stratics because of her. U better facebook me girlfriend. Man I hope u left on ur own free will!
Trying to figure out if she left on her own free will or if the change of owners is throwing every old staff member to quit...or they're lying about the way they're being fired and can't say Ryan is doing it unless they wanna pay a hefty fine. I'm starting to think it's Ryan firing old staff members but threatening them with a fine if they say it's him.

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
@GasaiYuno
You're barking up the wrong tree hun. Just ask Airmid herself if you have doubts.
No one is being "fired"

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Trying to figure out if she left on her own free will or if the change of owners is throwing every old staff member to quit...or they're lying about the way they're being fired and can't say Ryan is doing it unless they wanna pay a hefty fine. I'm starting to think it's Ryan firing old staff members but threatening them with a fine if they say it's him.
As someone who's been in chat with us every day I would think you'd know better.
Airmid has been trying to sneak off for a bit, but stayed extra-long just to help us out because of the sale of the site and then the exodus of certain staff which left us short handed. There is no conspiracy, Ryan hasn't fired anyone, heck how would he even know who to fire he's only just met us all.
Ryan has been nothing but kind and forthcoming with us. There's an open Teamspeak anyone is invited to join and he has been on Skype every day since the purchase.
Airmid has her own personal stuff going on which may or may not include footy pj's and video games. None of us should be speculating that anything she's said has been anything but honest.
:heart: @AirmidCecht I'll be in game lookin for you!

GasaiYuno

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
@GasaiYuno
You're barking up the wrong tree hun. Just ask Airmid herself if you have doubts.
No one is being "fired"
B-BUT MY TIN FOIL HAT CONSPIRACY THEORY.

As someone who's been in chat with us every day I would think you'd know better.
Airmid has been trying to sneak off for a bit, but stayed extra-long just to help us out because of the sale of the site and then the exodus of certain staff which left us short handed. There is no conspiracy, Ryan hasn't fired anyone, heck how would he even know who to fire he's only just met us all.
Ryan has been nothing but kind and forthcoming with us. There's an open Teamspeak anyone is invited to join and he has been on Skype every day since the purchase.
Airmid has her own personal stuff going on which may or may not include footy pj's and video games. None of us should be speculating that anything she's said has been anything but honest.
:heart: @AirmidCecht I'll be in game lookin for you!
Right, I get that. I just have had nothing but bad experiences with ownership changing hands. I'm weary about a lot of things still, honestly. I've only dealt with FORUMs changing owners, not a whole network of sites/forums/whatever. It's always lead to some dramatic experience such as staff turning against the site or quitting due to the owner being a total [insert four letter word].

I am just weary is all and I have a right to be since my own experiences are totally different than everyone elses experiences.

I'm sorry for going off the handle like that, though.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
*smiles* Airhead... You had a great run. You helped a ton of people. You made so many friends. You sacrificed a lot... Thank you.

*insert flower smiley here*

Come on Stratics! We need a flower smilie! WTF!

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*sits down at the tides edge next to Airmid and watches the waves swell and crash and then gently roll in*

Lovely isn't it? You are one very special Lady. Everything Kelmo said is spot on.

Thank you Airmid.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
W+T+F=Where The Flower.
:D

We really need a *glares* smiley. Really and truly.

I really didn't feel like a member of this community until one day, in a fit of realous jage (I'll let you google that one) I snapped back at someone that they needed to take their own advice with a couple of super sized grains of salt, and I would be right there in the thread waiting for them with something warm in a specimin cup for them to wash it down with.

The thread never got locked, and I got no messages, but there was Petra about ten posts later chiding the childish and just "rude and crass" behavior of an unnamed poster.:oops:

I felt like my mom had called me out on some particularly poor choice. A thing that was not infrequent earlier in my life.

My behavior is not perfect, but since that day I do try to remember to add to the community with almost everything I post. Sometimes, I like to think, I get it right.

Knowing that we continue, and have some large shoes to fill as a community, keeps me humble. Thanks guys and gals for all you have done in the past.

Thanks to the current crew for keeping us moving forward.

*tips hat* (We could use an icon for that too)

Last edited:

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I thought I'd reply back to everyone because I love to reflect on the good when hard times come around. Also, it's not often we are afforded the opportunity to speak kindly towards others. My goal is to look for reasons to do that more often. I'm not going far but your words will stay with me. I love you guys!

@Ron Bron Thank you so much for graciously allowing me to depart staff on my terms and say what was in my heart. I know Stratics is in good hands and that I can step down feeling good about it, with only good thoughts, was very important to me.

@JustApk_BC that you logged in for me means a lot. You were my most lasting impression of life in Felucca. Thank you for opening that red gate and allowing me to throw caution to the wind and hop through. Mostly thank you for not pk'ing me...right away. :D If only the UO community of LS knew how much you helped me with events but I promised I wouldn't share that...:eek:

@GasaiYuno a few things.. ;) You are an important addition to the Stratics team with value and insight. I'm glad you stuck around with a strong voice. I've been pretty forthcoming with everyone on staff from the time I introduced Ryan to leadership and volunteers that this would be a time for me to transition as well. I do like tin foil hats though in general because they let the world know we're on to them! I can assure you this is not one of those times as many can attest I'm pretty direct with my thoughts. My goal now is to soften my edges again and get back to me.

@Larisa my gosh I feel so lucky already because of working and being around someone like you. I keep up with you on FB too and we are always going to be close. I have to know what your girls are up to! :D

@Zuckuss we clicked pretty quickly and you always check in even after my departure. Thank you for making me feel valued every day and for your friendship. Keep doing the good things. :heart:

@Kirthag Thank you for stepping forward and sharing your knowledge of so many things with me. I will leave you all the cabana boys in favor of some good rum and more sand in my britches.:hula:

@Flutter Flutterbug, keep doing good things too. We'll always have our vagina hugs (I can say that!)and now everyone can wonder what that means and we can laugh and laugh and keep texting my crazy emotes that never translate the same. :p

@Captn Norrington I appreciate your kind words. It means a lot. Moving on is hard and scary sometimes but its also a good way to grow. I hope you continue to help Stratics do just that. :pirate:

@Mithryl Elves My other introduction to Fel and all the goodies to pk and have ;). Don't go far away, Stratics still has a lot to offer. You've got me on FB, we'll keep in touch and yes my own free will is the only way I roll, darlin. ha.

@Shamus Turlough Cute but I prefer the original :)
@kelmo Your kind words mean so much too. It speaks to your character as the genuinely good person and gentleman you have always been with me. I wish you the very best, my friend. And yes, I would love a flower emote. hint: my favorite is daisies. (;) at Nexus)

@Amber Witch Come along with me, the best is yet to be. Ocean's tides for the soul to ride. Thank you so much for the smile in my heart today. :snoopy:

@Queen Mum What does one say about such a beautiful person? You have done so much for the community wherever it touches UO with grace and dignity and lots of cookies. puliki honi honi (is that right? :D)

@Diomedes Artega Artega Thank you. Yes you can have my stuff, its in Fel under a tree. Contact me for tmap info. ;)

@old gypsy turn that frown upside down :)

@Lady Michelle smile with gypsy and others, I think they just did! here's the flower!

@Viquire Your message meant a lot. You defined the best side of a good community. That you never look to be intentionally hurtful speaks volumes to me. We can have disagreements or feel wounded but at our core we are people just doing what we enjoy with others that enjoy the same. It's the common ground we all start from and I love that you recognize that in front of your keyboard. Kudos to you, my friend.

Blind Tom the Pirate

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
logoup.gif logoup.gif
It is with respect and gratitude that we bid farewell to our friend and leader, Airmid. Airmid has shown devotion to Stratics through the best and worst of times, and was instrumental in navigating several of the past changes in ownership of the website. She also stepped up as a website leader in the recent history, and provided valuable strategy, oversight, and structure to the community. Through all of it, Airmid remained an involved community member, known and appreciated by all. Airmid is not leaving the community, but is retiring from staff. It is time for beaches and beverages! We wish her fair winds, and following seas!

Hi all,

Stratics has been my reason to keep going through hard times and laugh through good times with everyone. I have seen many transitions and helped out with every new leadership. When Taylor purchased Stratics, it was a chance to bring the main things back to the basics as a fansite where the community could truly support the games they love while the technology and design of the forums and site reflected the evolution Stratics needs to survive.

This evolution continues under Ryan's leadership. This is not a suit or faceless corporation. This is a guy who loves gaming and loves to facilitate ways for gamers to relate and respond to each other with the titles they enjoy. His vision is a a good one because he also understands that at the core of it all, we are MMO players because we want to interact with others, in game and out. It feels good to take my leave on such a positive note. As part of leadership in the past, there are things that have hardened my heart in order to accomplish difficult things and the lines of leadership and maintaining friendships get blurry. I want to get back to me and what I enjoy. I am not leaving in support of or in deviance of anyone or anything at Stratics. This is the time for those who have stepped forward to really shine with their skills and abilities in support of Ryan and Stratics. It is a good balance of seasoning with a new recipe combining their guidance of Stratics' longstanding ethos, the other volunteer staff that has always been here to do what they enjoy in the best ways, and his understanding of the incredible platform Stratics provides for gamers and developers. I had planned all along to help navigate this transition then take some time for myself but felt it good to stick around awhile longer and help find good support. I encourage anyone who is interested in bringing Stratics to the forefront of the gaming community once again, to contact Ryan personally.

You will always find me playing something, getting trolled by Cirno in some new game and focusing on laughter again. I need it like my feet need the sand in the ocean's tides. As Stratics continues with it's 17th Anniversay, I wish everyone here a time to reflect on good memories and the incredible opportunity to create new ones. I love you guys.

With much respect and admiration for your contributions friend! Enjoy some well deserved time off, but stay close. ~Yours respectfully, Blind Tom Pirate, [United Pirates-Catskills]
logoup.gif

Airmid

If you'd like to stay in touch, you can find me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/KarinasTweets streaming on Twitch:http://www.twitch.tv/airmid or at airmid G+ http://bit.ly/ZTZNlG

Attachments

Vince

Journeyman
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
I left you a facebook update, but I'll just pop in here as well to let everyone else know that I actually care :D

'Tis all about keeping up appearances right? ;)
We wouldn't want to let those tinfoil hats spoil the day :p

Always loved talking to you, and you kept my spirits (not sure if alcohol) high when things were tough on my end.
Will miss squeeks on teamspeak. Will miss giggles and laughs. Will miss seriousnesss. Will definately miss everything about you, so keep in touch :)

The V.

Leeda

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Hi all,

Airmid

Leeda

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Hi all,

Airmid

I have to say. What a shock. I always loved your flair and the ideas you had. In UO you had a way of bringing people together. You certainly enhanced and enriched UO . I am sure that you gave alot to stratics. Thank You
I will miss you. I hope you have loads of fun and all that you gave so freely of yourself ALL comes back to you.