• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

BODs tweaked lower rewards?

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just turned in about 80 tailoring BODs (like 82-83), and got 0 barbed, 2 horned, and 7 spined - almost everything was cloth...

Been turning in some iron BODs to the smith this morning (hit 100 earlier..) and nothing above a copper BOD; and about 80% of the items are weapons.

A

alyssya

This site has about the best guide to bod rewards ive seen, ive never used anotehr site since i found this one...

http://www.towerofroses.de

I havent noticed any change in the bod rewards since the last patch personally

~A

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
For the 5 years I've been crafting, the rewards for small BODs have gone like this (Edit: well, since the last time the tables were tweaked, and that publish was the second to hit after I started, in my first year - but IIRC, the small charts weren't changed, the large ones were, back then):

Tailor
10/15 Normal cloth (and leather) smalls: Level 1 reward cloth
20 Normal cloth and leather, 10/15 normal spined smalls: Level 2 reward cloth
10/15 Exceptional cloth (and leather) smalls, 20 Normal spined smalls, 10/15 normal horned smalls: Level 3 reward cloth
20 Exceptional cloth (and leather) smalls, 10/15 exceptional spined smalls, 20 Normal horned malls, 10/15 normal barbed smalls: 90% Level 4 reward cloth, 10% BOD reward sandals (the color of one of the level 4 or 5 reward cloth types)
20 Exceptional spined smalls (and leather) smalls, all exceptional horned smalls, 10/15 exceptional barbed smalls, 20 Normal Barbed smalls: 80% Level 5 reward cloth, 20% BOD reward sandals (the color of one of the level 4 or 5 reward cloth types)
20 Exceptional Barbed small: a stretched hid deed (like the ones that 10/15 normal cloth or regular leather Footwear LBODs give - yuck)

There never, to my knowledge, has been anything other than cloth, sandals or stretched hides given for tailor smalls.

Similarly, with Smith smalls:

Normal smalls: Most give tools or gloves
Bronze 20 Normal through Agapite 15 Normal smalls have a chance for powder of Fortifying (20% chance for Bronze N20, Gold N10 & N15, 90% for Gold N20, Agapite N10 & N15); not making those chances results in tools or gloves
Agapite N20 and above are only DC and shadow hammers.

Exceptional smalls:
Iron Ex smalls give tools, period.
DC Ex smalls have a chance at POF (20% for EX10 & EX15, 90% for EX20), as do Some Shadow Ex smalls (EX10 & EX15 have 90% POF chance)
Shadow EX20 smalls, All copper & bronze ex smalls, and Gold EX10 smalls give the lowest two hammers.
Gold EX15 smalls give a low end (105) PS, a Shadow hammer, or rarely (10% chance) a deed to an anvil the color of one of the ores (fairly well sought after from their rarity)
Gold EX20 & Agapite EX10 give Copper hammers.
Agapite EX15 smalls give a low end (110) PS, a Copper hammer, or rarely (10% chance) a deed to an anvil the color of one of the ores.
Agapite Ex20 and Verite EX10 & EX15 smalls give a BRONZE hammer. These are the best runics you can get from turning in smalls.
Verite EX20 and Valorite EX10 & EX15 smalls give an ASH +10.
Valorite EX20 smalls give a 115 Blacksmith Power Scroll.

Sounds like you were getting EXACTLY the rewards you were supposed to get.

G

If I'm not mistaken, it's not the rewards that are being talked about in the original post - it's the types of replacement BODs given out. I did a little smithing earlier and got a few gold BODs (but I didn't do enough to make a good statistical sample).

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The person stated rewards in the title...

But, in the case he was referring to the replacement BODs...

50% of all Tailor BODs will be cloth, regardless of what you turn in for them.
Barbed BODs are fairly rare. In the last 5 years, I've been lucky if even 1 in 20 colored BODs has been barbed (and most of them have been normal, dangit).

If the person is under 110 blacksmithing (real skill - ASH don't count), the breakdown of BODs is like this-

50% Weapon
25% Iron Armor
25% colored armor (most of which will be on the low end - DC - bronze tend to make up about 80% of colored BODs)

At 110, with the changes, it becomes
50% weapon
15% Iron Armor
35% Colored armor

At 120, it is
50% Weapon
5% Iron armor
45% colored armor.

Getting back nothing higher than copper out of 100 replacement bods after turn-in sounds about right for a 70-109.9 skill smith, and easily possible as a run of bad luck for a 110.0-119.9 smith/