• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

BODs Organization?

Deep Ellum Dan

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
I have been lately more worrying about BODs and I have a a separate Bulk Order Book for small Blacksmith BODs and another for Large Blacksmith BODs (same for tailoring). How do you all best stay organized when you get new BODs to figure out if you need them for a Large BOD? I keep looking at my new BOD and look in my Bulk Order Book to see if i need it.. Then to remember you have the other BODs to complete a Large BOD...
I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts and ideas.

Corwyn

Lake Superior Tabloid Journalist
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I have been lately more worrying about BODs and I have a a separate Bulk Order Book for small Blacksmith BODs and another for Large Blacksmith BODs (same for tailoring). How do you all best stay organized when you get new BODs to figure out if you need them for a Large BOD? I keep looking at my new BOD and look in my Bulk Order Book to see if i need it.. Then to remember you have the other BODs to complete a Large BOD...
I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts and ideas.
I use this.

Ultima Online Bulk Order Deeds - Old Stratics

It's not a perfect system, but it sure does help.

Corwyn

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
if i have thousands of bods stored in bod books, how do i get them into this tool?
Put them in one at a time. That's how I did it. It's a time consuming process, but I think it's worth it overall.

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
omg. i like the tool but cringe at the thought of individually adding each bod to the tool.

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
This seems very good. If only you could export from UO and import it there...

Corwyn

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Like I said, it's a good program. There are a couple of glitches I've noticed, but overall, it keeps me organized.

I would love to figure out a way to automatically enter them into the system rather than manually, but I seriously doubt there is a way to do it.

Oh... and the glitches? The two that come to mind are:

1) The rewards the program states you'll receive aren't always correct. A rather minor detail for me, since I don't really worry too much about what I'll get. I just do them.

2) When it comes to footwear and large cloth deeds, the footwear is somehow ignored, meaning that you might have the deed, but it doesn't show it on the LBOD Report. For footwear, I have to manually check. Also a minor issue, because the program has a filter so you can figure out quickly if you have the proper small.

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I seperate all my bods by material type and by which large they go into. I've got about 60 storage vendors packed full of bod books.

Santos

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1 book for POF and shadow+ hammer singles.

1 book for helms, shields, and ringmail. I don't fill large ringmail BODS. All of these get bribed up to POF/hammer singles.

1 book plate and chain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:eek: wow! that's alot of bods!!
oh, you'd be amazed at how many of us there are that are like this. It's a love/hate thing, hate doing 'em but love what they give ya. Had 2 daughters quit game that were as avid BOD collectors as me so you can only imagine how many I have after combining mine and theirs. Back in the early 2000's between the 3 of us, we ran over 30 GM+ smith/tailors 3 times a day to the smith shop to collect our BODs.

Deep Ellum Dan

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
I need something to visualize what I have. The program mentioned above seems neat but it keeps crashing on windows 10. With that in mind, I'm going to work on a online visual app. I'm hoping it going to make organizing my bods, much easier. It it works, I'll let you all check it out.

Corwyn

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I need something to visualize what I have. The program mentioned above seems neat but it keeps crashing on windows 10. With that in mind, I'm going to work on a online visual app. I'm hoping it going to make organizing my bods, much easier. It it works, I'll let you all check it out.
I don't have Windows 10 yet, so I didn't know there were issues. I know that in order to use it on Windows 8, it has to be run as administrator.

archiv

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use Windows 10 as well, 2 things I've done with most of the UO related programs...do a compatibility check, use the suggested settings and run as admin. I use this program but not for organizing bods, was just looking at it and it looks like you can import xml's. I may play around with that when free time arrives.
My personal method is a notepad doc for each shard I play on. Any large I get I just type it in, when I get new ones I do a quick scan to see if it's needed. Not the best but it saves dropping them all out of the books each time I get something new.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
My personal method involves a supply of chests, backpacks and BOD books.

1. Chests: For smith BODs, I hunted miasmas, Dark Wisps, etc. to get 1 chest of each ore color (iron and the 8 colors). I lined those up in my crafting room. For Tailor BODs, I dyed wooden chests the appropriate colors.
  2. Backpacks: In each chest, put a backpack in for each large category. Colored Smith BOD chests get 3 backpacks (Ring, Chain, Plate). Iron gets several more, but if you actually keep weapons BODs, you might want separate chests for Weapons & Armor. Leather BOD chests will have 4 backpacks (Studded, Bone, Male & Female), possibly 5 (for colored footwear). The Cloth chest would have potentially 8 (one for each cloth BOD type), but as typically only one LBOD type out of 6 is worth keeping, you can just have 1 book for each, and skip the backpack step. Dyeing to match chest color or engraving the color/type is optional. BODs that have no LBODs can just be piled into 1 book for the ones you want to keep (the ones with a POF chance, and maybe the ones with a Colored anvil chance).
  3. Books: In each backpack, place 6 BOD books, 1 each for 10 Normal, 15 Normal, 20 Normal, 10 Exceptional, 15 Exceptional & 20 Exceptional. Name them for count, quality, material and type.
  4. At this point, just sort your BODs into the appropriate books, in the appropriate bags, in the appropriate chests.
  5. Optional: you can pull out BOD Books for stuff you won't turn in directly. This leaves the chests for BODs that are meant for filling without being bribed. Then, you can place the pulled Books with their BODs in another location to either sell/trade, discard, or save for bribing up.

The same thing can be done using vendors, substituting properly attired Vendors in the materials for the chests (backpacks and books in vendor). If you have an obscene number of BODs, you might even dress them to match the LBOD type (just books).