• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

BOD Trading Forum

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
We talked about it, and we're willing to do it, actually we talked about shuffling around some other forums as well like the ToL and the SA forums being pretty much obsolete etc. We've also a few other things we're trying to gear up to do, and want to do them all at once during longer downtime rather than having a couple of short sporadic down times.

Garrett.

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
We talked about it, and we're willing to do it, actually we talked about shuffling around some other forums as well like the ToL and the SA forums being pretty much obsolete etc. We've also a few other things we're trying to gear up to do, and want to do them all at once during longer downtime rather than having a couple of short sporadic down times.
Okay that makes sense :). Thanks for the response @Nexus

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I understand the need to talk about something but right now the BOD System is going very strong and you need to strike now while the iron is hot if you get my drift.

Garrett.

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I understand the need to talk about something but right now the BOD System is going very strong and you need to strike now while the iron is hot if you get my drift.
That's a fair point Frodo but Nexus did say they want to implement other things as well, which are likely not BOD related, so it does make sense to wait and do the lot in one go. Personally, I'd also like to see an auction option introduced along the lines of the old UO Auction - the current system is OK but the latter was very good and easy to use, hence why it was so popular IMHO :)

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That's a fair point Frodo but Nexus did say they want to implement other things as well, which are likely not BOD related, so it does make sense to wait and do the lot in one go. Personally, I'd also like to see an auction option introduced along the lines of the old UO Auction - the current system is OK but the latter was very good and easy to use, hence why it was so popular IMHO :)
By the time they get it all done and implemented it may be to late for a BOD Trading Forum. The iron is already starting to cool and by the time they get it done the iron may be cold.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
By the time they get it all done and implemented it may be to late for a BOD Trading Forum. The iron is already starting to cool and by the time they get it done the iron may be cold.
Thing is, it's not just "Toss up a new forum" there's more to it than that. It has to be accounted for and set up properly. We'll need a way to make sure Shards are differentiated, Type (Carpentry, Alchemy, Blacksmith, Tailoring etc.), setup specific rules for it since it falls into an arena that isn't quite like the other trade forums.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thing is, it's not just "Toss up a new forum" there's more to it than that. It has to be accounted for and set up properly. We'll need a way to make sure Shards are differentiated, Type (Carpentry, Alchemy, Blacksmith, Tailoring etc.), setup specific rules for it since it falls into an arena that isn't quite like the other trade forums.
Shards fine but I would trade carpentry deeds for other types since I have no interest in those rewards. But I collect them anyway.