• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

BOD Trading and the Golden Rule....

T

Timshort

After a year of collecting BODs with 5 smiths I recently began posting on UO Trade.net (a GREAT site for organizing and swapping bod) and trading bods. I have been amazed by the good traders, the bad traders, and the just plain rude traders.

After about 30 trading conversations I have some tips that may lead to more succesful trading:

1. Be nice.
I'll make an uneven trade if the other person is sincere and is trying to trade in good faith. If they are flexible, polite, offer other ideas they score some points and I'll trade aggy for gold straight up if it doesn't hurt me too bad.

2. Be considerate.
See #1, I remember good trading partners, people that are flexible, creative, polite, offer alternative proposals, and don't make me jump through hoops for their trades.

3. Do your homework.
Don't expect me to do your work for a trade you want. Don't IM me about wanting to trade something and then ask me what I want in return. You were smart enough to figure out what I had, you ought to be smart enough to figure out what I need and match that against what you have and offer a few proposed trades. *Exception, if you are new and sincere and polite, then I'm happy to help.

4. Be reasonable
Be fair in your apprasial of bods. You can't always change 15 bronze for 15 bronze so being flexible and working towards a win win is a good thing. Sometimes I make a better trade, sometimes I give a better trade. In the end it all evens out. I remember reasonable trading partners and will work to help them out, even if it means taking a temporarily bad trade, I know they'l make it up later.

5. Don't be arrogant or rude.
Just because you have a few killer BODs and 10 smiths does not give you the right to be rude. Comments like "Your trade sucks, or You don't have " won't get you anywhere. It is a small BOD world on your shard and I will remember you.

(Oh ya, Mr. "Your trade sux", I just got that 20 excep aggy plate tunic on your list, looks like the last piece you need for the ver/val runic. Still think my trade sucks? I would not trade it to you if you were the last person on my shard)

Just my .02, but if you want a good trade from me you'll get further with the Golden Rule: Treat others how you would like to be treated yourself.

T

Trino

Mabey you could post the adress to this UO trade page. Everyone doesn't know of it.

G

<blockquote><hr>

(Oh ya, Mr. "Your trade sux", I just got that 20 excep aggy plate tunic on your list, looks like the last piece you need for the ver/val runic. Still think my trade sucks? I would not trade it to you if you were the last person on my shard)

<hr></blockquote>

*rolling on floor laughing*
I hope you told him exactly where his rudeness got him. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/biglaugh2.gif

N

Nadia of_Sonoma

www.uo-trade.net is easier to remember; same site. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

BTW I like tips for trading and will likely lift this /php-bin/shared/images/icons/look.gif for the FAQ. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/biggrin.gif