• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

BOD rewards pop-up menu not working in BOD books

Leira of Asrai

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It has been some time since I used the Pinco's UI patch updater. I did recently and now I do not get the BOD reward menu when the BOD is in the BOD book.

You used to be able to get the menu when you hovered the mouse glove over the Small / Large column. Now I don't get the menu at all. It does work when the BOD is out of the book and loose in my back pack.

solembow

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It has been some time since I used the Pinco's UI patch updater. I did recently and now I do not get the BOD reward menu when the BOD is in the BOD book.

You used to be able to get the menu when you hovered the mouse glove over the Small / Large column. Now I don't get the menu at all. It does work when the BOD is out of the book and loose in my back pack.
Also noticed that I am having this same problem today. Everything is up to date...logged in and out, restarted etc but to no avail. Anyone else having this problem or possibly have a solution?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it's not important at this point, when I'll rework the UI I will use a new system for that...

solembow

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it's not important at this point, when I'll rework the UI I will use a new system for that...
Obviously it's important to me or I wouldn't have posted about it. Actually it's one of the better features that keeps me using the UI. If you're a player that does primarily crafting, as I do...being able to see the rewards in the books is VERY important.

So basically you're saying kick rocks until you rework the entire UI ?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Obviously it's important to me or I wouldn't have posted about it. Actually it's one of the better features that keeps me using the UI. If you're a player that does primarily crafting, as I do...being able to see the rewards in the books is VERY important.

So basically you're saying kick rocks until you rework the entire UI ?
yes, because this UI will not work when the new default will came out so...

solembow

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yes, because this UI will not work when the new default will came out so...
So we need to wait for a complete overhaul of the game's UI to come out. Considering how long it took for Vendor Search etc I'm not going to hold my breath.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So we need to wait for a complete overhaul of the game's UI to come out. Considering how long it took for Vendor Search etc I'm not going to hold my breath.
We are working on that for months -.-

solembow

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We are working on that for months -.-
Which was my point Pinco. We're told that things are going to be done and then wait for months/years longer than advertised only to receive buggy/incomplete publishes.

Sorry but it's upsetting when something that we use on a daily basis simply stops working, only to be told that "It's not important". Most of us are trying very hard to justify paying for this game on a monthly basis, and to be told that nothing's going to be done to fix a problem until this secretive new UI is unveiled certainly doesn't help matters. Your UI and it's BOD functionality honestly is one of the only things making this game playable in 2014. When compared to what F2P titles can offer there's really no contest.

Every day it seems like the dev team is actively trying to lose subs.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Which was my point Pinco. We're told that things are going to be done and then wait for months/years longer than advertised only to receive buggy/incomplete publishes.

Sorry but it's upsetting when something that we use on a daily basis simply stops working, only to be told that "It's not important". Most of us are trying very hard to justify paying for this game on a monthly basis, and to be told that nothing's going to be done to fix a problem until this secretive new UI is unveiled certainly doesn't help matters. Your UI and it's BOD functionality honestly is one of the only things making this game playable in 2014. When compared to what F2P titles can offer there's really no contest.

Every day it seems like the dev team is actively trying to lose subs.
and that's why UO is what it is instead of being the best game of the genre :p
Unfortunately I don't want to spend the little free time I have for something that is going to be trashed :(

The Old Man

Journeyman
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Unfortunately I don't want to spend the little free time I have for something that is going to be trashed :(
That's a worrying remark to come from someone who has been working closely with the dev team.

Pinco, do you know something about UO's future (or lack of it) that the rest of us dont know?

The Old Man

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's a worrying remark to come from someone who has been working closely with the dev team.

Pinco, do you know something about UO's future (or lack of it) that the rest of us dont know?

The Old Man
I'm speaking about my current UI...

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think we have a communication problem. What Pinco is saying is that he is working on the NEW UI with the dev that is coming out sometime in the future so doesn't think it's the best use of his time to figure out what the issue is with old UI, spending the time fixing it, since it will all be replaced....

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think we have a communication problem. What Pinco is saying is that he is working on the NEW UI with the dev that is coming out sometime in the future so doesn't think it's the best use of his time to figure out what the issue is with old UI, spending the time fixing it, since it will all be replaced....
yes I'm working on a new default UI with the devs, but I'm also working on a new Pinco's UI based on the new improvements of the new default...