• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tailoring] BOD recycling?

V

vinque

I'm curious how many others recycle tailor BODs? Since I returned (about 3-4 months ago) I have dedicated more time to recycling BODs on both my smith and tailor. Both are legendary and I recycle 100 or more BODs at a time, but I'm feeling like it's a little bit of a waste of time on my tailor. My best (and only good reward) is a spined kit, which is OK but not great. Compared to my smith: POFs (nice), DC and Shadow Hammers (good for "starter" weapons for imbuing), Bronze Hammers (sell decently), and +10 ASH (good for 100% chance to craft anything) - even though I have yet to get a 900+ point reward on my smith, he still gets nice stuff when I recycle. Is it time to give up on the tailor? Should I just use the money I make of my smith to buy any tailor items I need (i.e. bless clothing deed, horned or barbed kit)? - seems like such a waste, but more time-efficient.

TheGhostRaider

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As for my self I do mostly Smithing BOD via tailor. The reward is better on the Smiting and more useful then the tailor. The sew kit or no use those day with umbuing. The runic are good to get those hing end mod that required relic, this is why I use mine for. Noting wrong of doing a few tailor, I do turn then in and hope to get that bless deed one. :)

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yeah, the best thing to do is shoot for the clothing bless deed rewards, though Spined and Horned kits do occasionally make decent stuff for further imbuing. Barbed kit made items often don't have the property room to add more properties.

the rejects, of course, are also good for raw materials for imbuing (and a bit cheaper).

I tend to only keep 3-4 sets of each CBD/Horned kit/barbed kit BODs (smalls, minus the hard to get LBODs), and put the rest for sale dirt cheap on my vendors. I sell exceptional cloth BODs in bulk, by the book (along with the smalls that NPCs don't sell the items for), as well as 15-count normal cloth (see below).

Usually I only cycle the normal cloth smalls, by buying the items from NPCs (Nujelm having 3 tailors in Trammel and 3 in Fel is really good for this). Using only 10 & 20 count BODs for this means that you're much less likely to be caught part-way through a BOD when all the vendors run out, and have to go looking elsewhere.

Doing this, and only cycling when I have 100-200 cloth BODs of 10 or 20 count, typically ends up with me having 5-15 larges to fill, that I already have all the smalls for (and in some cases, the smalls are already filled from where I trained 4 of my BOD runners by filling BODs in their difficulty range).

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I picked up a collection of bod books at Luna Bank this morning, someone had discarded. 1300 bods in total, all shoes of varying types large and small. Are they worth keeping?

Lorax_Pacific

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I picked up a collection of bod books at Luna Bank this morning, someone had discarded. 1300 bods in total, all shoes of varying types large and small. Are they worth keeping?
Yes, give them to your fisherman! They will need them to clean the Sosarian oceans.

-Lorax

Warsong of LS

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if you want to fill them qucikly you can find the red elf brigand camps in malas. they wear all types of footwear need to fill any small, it is boring but, it is free way to fill a bod, non-exceptional ones of course.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
There's also a few higher-level footwear BODs that give CBD or better rewards (though some of the PS push the definition of "Better", there's still the chance of a random upgrade of those to a runic kit). I think those are Horned 20 EX large 20 Normal Barbed large and the EX Barbed larges.

There's also that any of the 20 count footwear smalls, regardless of material type, will fit the Cloth outfit larges (20 normal count) that provide spined kits, and that any 20 EX Thigh Boots will fit the only 5-part cloth LBOD, that is the one that gives CBDs.