• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

BOD Questions

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I have been playing with new and old bods but they seem to be pointless.

Smithy:
I started with 15 basic bods, filling them and turning them in. If a bod was worth bribing, I bribed it up and then filled the basic smalls for more turn-ins. Within 45 minutes, I had 20 powders. It seemed too easy and so I looked up powders on vendor search and sure enough, it was flooded with them. I will keep them for me but there doesn't seem to a reason to do them except if I need powders. Smith Bod rewards never went for much but I am guessing that the others have dropped in sell price as well.

Tailor:
I haven't done them much as the rewards aren't worth much and I have a ton of cloth and other rewards and they didn't sell much in the past, doubt they will sell any better now that they are so easy to get.

The new Bods:
The rewards are small and many bods aren't worth filling due to cost or materials or pain in the butt to get them like making tribal berries.

1. Are people doing bods still?
  2. Which ones are worth doing?
  3. Is there gold to be made or are you doing it for yourself?
  4. Anything you would like to share that maybe I missed or didn't ask?

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
When I'm on a laggy connection, I still do BODs, but I don't spend a lot of time on it anymore.

Blacksmithy: I'll still bribe a small up to a POF and collect dull copper and shadow runic hammers. Just never figured out how to make any armor with it, so I just collect them.

Tailoring: Same, I collect runic kits.

Tinkering: Occasionally. I throw away most smalls, just fill the larges enough to get those POF kegs. I sell kegs with 250 POF charges.

Fletching: Way, way too expensive to fill.

Carpentry: Way, way too expensive to fill.

Inscription and Alchemy: Occasionally just to get the white dye and the spellbook increase chance.

I made a spreadsheet to track costs of materials vs value of rewards. If it costs less than 200 gold per point to fill, I'll go ahead and do so. Some BODs cost thousands or even millions in gold to fill. Those get dropped on the ground and the NPC shops, and they often stay there for hours until they decay.

Last edited:

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The only Fletching BODs that are worth filling are the regular bow and Crossbow larges, and the latter has been bugged since inception to where some of them don't recognize the Heavy Crossbow large. I have one raised to Frostwood, that won't take the last large.

Marquis de Sade 209

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My problem with BOD's are the books. It can be rather tedious and time consuming to fill these books. I am curious why they can't count as one item. It would make things a lot easier and I would definitely spend more time filling the literal thousands of BODS i have in my castle.