• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tailoring] BOD question

D

Dragonchilde

What is the ideal skill level to receive footwear BODs? I have a couple characters I can train to a level to pick up BODs for my main crafter, but I just cannot get footwear... I have several nearly-full LBODs that just need the shoes!

It would be super awesome to know around what level it's a bit easier to get those. ;)

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
At below 70 skill (and it seems to me, up to about 80 or so), you are typically given BODs you can gain skill on. ON THE OTHER HAND, below 70 will be no exceptional BODs at all.

Therefore, probably the range 45-66 would be best for thigh boots (normal quality), with the low 70s being good if you've used a 110, 115 or 120 PS (can gain up to 76.4 on Thigh Boots with a 120 PS).

For regular boots, for normal BODs only, the range is about 33 to 58
For Shoes (normal BODs), the range is about 20-40
Sandals would be about 15-35.

Note that between 70 & 80, I got a lot of footwear BODs while slow-training a BOD-runner, but that might have just been a quirk of the RNG.

S

Sharantyr

Wasn't it something like 21.6? I'm sure I had a couple of characters set up at this skill several years ago and they seemed to get 30-50% footwear. Though as I say it was several years ago.

D

Dragonchilde

That might be it. I'll have to test that. (I've got a couple at various ranges. I've got so many skullcap ones...)