• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[General] BOD organization

Kelly Daze

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was wondering if there is a program or how do you keep your BOD organized? I download the program UO Bulk Order Deed program from Stractics but I can't get it to save...errors

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I tried external organizers, but small errors lead to disconnects and then the entire database gets out of date very fast.

I just keep separate books now. For instance, I have a Ringmail book. If I get, say, a new 15/Ex/Shadow/Ringmail arms, I pick up the Ringmail book and filter for the same terms. If I complete the bod, then I remove all the matching bods. If it's not complete, I drop it into the book for the next time.

So bottom line is I don't have an external database of everything I have. But I can tell you when I get the last piece to an LBOD, which is really what I wanted to know.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I pretty much do the same thing with blacksmith BODs but all others I pretty much go into detail
like my cooking books are apple pie, dough, uncooked pizza, sweet cocoa butter, etc

fletching books are basically arrow, crossbow bolt, shaft, kindling, bow, crossbow, repeating crossbow, heavy crossbow, etc
shortbow, longbow
(mostly I do the ones that you can do when training up the skill, have multiple accounts & most chars are low level BOD mules)

If / when they change the BOD books to be like the power scroll books, that would make it a lil easier to deal with
except you wouldn't be able to add the deeds while in your backpack, which I'm not so sure I would like

Dramora

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have an excel database with all of my bods added to it. I have a separate spreadsheet for each type of bod, and also separate sheets for exceptional vs. Normal.

When I first Sep up the database, the few hundred bods I had were not a problem to input. However, a friend recently left uo and gave me her thousands of bods. Took forever to add all of them into my database, but they are all there now.

I also added a page for rewards because I could never remember how many points I needed for each reward.

I find it is now very easy to see what smalls I have for each large, and which large is ready to be turned in.

When I get my bods each morning, I just add them to my database before I put them into my bod book.

It's probably overkill, but I couldn't think of any other way to quickly see what bods went with each large.