• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

BoD Bribes

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Several days ago, I worked the tailor npcs pretty hard with upgrading both small & large bods with the bribe system. I pretty much hit all tailors tram & Fel. The cost is way up there now to upgrade the higher end BoDs. I realize that other people are going around bribing & that can keep the cost up. I have a couple of questions if anyone knows:
1) What makes the cost of bribing go back down: a) time, b) people turning in BoDs, c) something else?
2) Is the cost of bribing possibly tied to an individual BoD - meaning it will never go down & the npc's remember that BoD?

It has been 3 or 4 days since I bribed some of my BoDs (they are not maxed out quality yet) - and the cost for some is very high (over 100k for a couple). I even tried bribing the same BoDs on a separate account (these characters have never bribed before) & the cost was still very high. A couple of weeks ago, the bribe cost seem to go up and down as time passed. But now it is not going down. So I am confused.

Maldar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let some time pass (a day or so) before you bribe them on up. The high-quality BODs (e.g. A large valorite plate BOD, etc.) will still be on the expensive side but you won't be paying a premium if you let the NPCs reset on server up.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I believe it's if ANYONE bribes the NPC. So if you are going to like Luna Tailor which is an easy access place then the chances are that lots of people are bribing them (causing them to be greedy). I think in order for it to go way down you need an NPC off the beaten path that nobody else will use; only then would the prices go back down (likely a day or so).

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Someone must be willing to pay 30 to 100 k to upgrade their BoDs then. I let the npc's alone for 3 days & the cost was still up there. I hit every tailor in Tram & Fel. A few seem to have come down to 10k or so after about 4 days. But most are still up around 30 to 40 k on my large BoDs. I really hate the way the developers implemented the decay rate on npc prices many years ago. I think the decay rate is too slow.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
if you, people stop for afew days to a week it will cost less. if you bribe eveyday, will just cost more and more

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I don't know the exact timing or logic how prices are determined but my understanding is just based on use; meaning it doesn't necessarily mean someone else is bribing on large bods (paying 30-100k) but is using them period (could be just on a cloth small BOD). One thing I'm also unsure on is if the person bribing (in this case you) also gets flagged or something (ie the more YOU bribe the higher the floor will be at a shop).

I can say that on my crafter, I can find vendors that will upgrade BODs for very cheap (crafter is on ATL too) but there aren't many places that will be super cheap even for me and I rarely ever upgrade BODs these days.