• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Boats Blocking Haven Dock

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Shouldn't it be illegal to block Haven Dock? There is the collector quest there and it makes it hard to impossible to run. As most ppl know you have to fish up the rainbow pearls, these are only obtainable at haven dock. If i could go to any dock and get them then i would. I don't care if you block any other dock in UO world. What do other players think?

Jirel

G

I dont think that people do that on purpose. Now the people that block the Papua island champ spawn with boats should be banned.

The other day we set sail to the spawn and the entire island was surrounded by boats.

I paged and they all disapeared, but whats up with the signs that unatended boats will be sunk but they never are. I have had boats out there sitting there for days at a time.

G

I think you complain too much about little things.

That is what I think.

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think boats should be removed from the New Haven docks. If they can remove em from champ spawns, they should remove em from new haven.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Shouldn't it be illegal to block Haven Dock? There is the collector quest there and it makes it hard to impossible to run. As most ppl know you have to fish up the rainbow pearls, these are only obtainable at haven dock. If i could go to any dock and get them then i would. I don't care if you block any other dock in UO world. What do other players think?

Jirel

[/ QUOTE ]
If it's preventing the quest from being done, yes they should be moved.

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ryne.. Like I said you can only fish for rainbow pearls off of Haven Dock.
Please read before you post. Ty

F

Fayled Dhreams

THERE .... down to 4 boats ....
mind the hooks and find some water ...
noob

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Boats at Haven are being used as "Floating BankBox". I have run my cursor over the holds of each boat. All but one has items in them.

Jirel

G

What they should do is make boats left unattended at haven and boats left parked at the champ spawn burn like the magincia event boats did.

Where the hell did Draconi go? that guy is never around when we are in need of fire...

Lord Djinn

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

I think you complain too much about little things.

That is what I think.

[/ QUOTE ]
Nice answer. You're a real help. The guy has a legitimate question and all you can do is respond with a flame. Back in the good 'ol days your post would be of been deleted with a nice strike against your Stratics account.

They could bring the spawn spots of that quest to other areas. What's the point of having a dock if you can't dock your boat next to it?

<blockquote><hr>

The Boats at Haven are being used as "Floating BankBox". I have run my cursor over the holds of each boat. All but one has items in them.

Jirel

[/ QUOTE ]
Players been using boats as secure bank box's since UO came out. Anyone remember tents? I remember being homeless for 2 months. I only kept the stuff I really needed like regs and pots. My boat was my house. This is back 1999 before bank boxes have had their weight limits removed to the 125 total item limit.

I

imported_Spiritless

You're whining about absolutely nothing.

I went and checked it out. Here's the state of the dock:

Are you seriously trying to tell me that the dock is blocked? You've gotta be kidding.

The red areas that I've drawn on the image are all accessible just through clicking the small bit of water that is available to the side of the boats. There are also large areas that do not contain boats at all.

I had absolutely no trouble obtaining the required perls for the quest, therefore neither should you.

I find it amusing that everyone above me deemed themselves qualified to talk about this topic without first checking it out for themselves to gauge the true picture of what was happening, btw.

The boats are absolutely fine where they are. In fact, more could probably fit.

I

imported_Spiritless

Evidently you don't because, as you can see from my screenshots, I manage it just fine.

You're not clicking the right place. Frankly, it isn't difficult. I didn't have any trouble whatsoever. The centre of the target cursor should be focused on the water next to the boat.

To further prove the point:

The problem is yours, not that of the boats being there. There really are considerable spaces in which there are no boats at all, too.

You really have very little basis for complaint when reality is examined.

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is what the Knowledge Base has to say about it:

<blockquote><hr>

QUESTION: These boats are blocking the harbor, or an area I wish to reach.

Answer:

While the usage of boats in Ultima Online can be fun and even useful, we have noticed many players who are actually abusing the usage of boats. Players are blocking off coastlines and will sometimes even block off harbors. We consider boats to be blocking if: 1. They prevent access or egress to another area in the game 2. There is more than one boat owned by the same account blocking off part of a coastline, or other area. In these cases, the game master will decide the best course of action based on the circumstances. They must consider several factors, and may choose one of several options: to leave the boats as they are, to move the boats, to set the boats a'sail, or to delete the boats. Repeatedly leaving your ship blocking resources or high traffic areas can result in account penalties. It is best to dock your boat when you are finished using it. If an unattended ship is blocking a resource or access point that is designated by signs, and there is no way for you to get around it, you may page a Game Master to request that the unattended ship be moved.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not believe that it should be legal to use a boat for storage I.E. Floating bank box. With the increased housing and bank box storage availible there is no reason for it. People say I'm trival??? Really then why in God's good green Earth is there a EIGHT page thread in UHall ranting about people making their houses private, when frankly that is the house owner's priviledge and BEESWAX! After that I DO NOT consider my question trival!

F

Fayled Dhreams

<blockquote><hr>

I do not believe that it should be legal to use a boat for storage I.E. Floating bank box. With the increased housing and bank box storage availible there is no reason for it. People say I'm trival??? Really then why in God's good green Earth is there a EIGHT page thread in UHall ranting about people making their houses private, when frankly that is the house owner's priviledge and BEESWAX! After that I DO NOT consider my question trival!

[/ QUOTE ]

Shouldn't it be illegal to block Haven Dock? There is the collector quest there and it makes it hard to impossible to run.

(docks are not harbors)

It has been show NOT IMPOSSIBLE to do the quest.

It ain't the frothing mad mountain of umbrage and outrage you tried to make it out to be

just a trivial molehill of some chic that can't fish ...

As for "should be illegal" ...
tain't boats as temporary storage you should be pointing out ...
they need refreshing ... or ... poof! they're gone.

Now <font color=red>vendors</font color=red> ... on the other hand ... now there's one STATED to be "not recommended"
KB
Vendors are not intended to be used as banks. Be sure to collect your gold regularly and deposit it into your bank box.

THEY can hold MORE than 125 items (millio checks) ...

just saying ... vendors before boats ...

Thank you for your support ...