• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Mining] Boat Mining...

S

Sindris

I have been a boat miner since the early years. I can mine for hours without taking breaks or having to smelt or worry about overloaded pack animals. What frustrates me is that I also like to kill the elementals that spawn when I use a gargoyle pick-axe. Anyone who boat mines knows this is impossible since the stupid elementals drop through the deck and vanish. FIX THIS!!

Or am I the only one aggravated by this?

:grrr:

D

DHMagicMan_1

it's good to know you could mine Val Eles and leave them behind... LOL that seems like a good strategy for non-fighting resource collector. :)

S

Sindris

Yeah, its a great way for miners with no combat skill to gain, but I mine with a pally after putting my resist on a soulstone. I like the extra ore I get from the ellies and would like to see them stay on the boat rather than sinking to Davy Jone's locker. Such a waste!

B

Boogieman

I gave up boat mining after having several very unfortunate experiences back in the old days. I would take the boat to Lost Lands because there were less people there. I got into several bad situations involving imps and wywerns on the boat and my char dead. Not to mention lost boat keys and decaying coprses.
Another incident was when I sailed over some bugged tiles, my char stayed on the tile and the boat just sailed on. The char had no magery and no rune books. That was before you could use that emergency get-my-ghost-outta-here in the help menu, so I had to call and wait for a GM. He was 'kind' enough to beam me to the nearest shore - that meant running for dear life through the desert labyrinth all the way to Papua - thank you very much!
Leap frogging the ores to the smithy was also tedious. Then I discovered that I could use the serpent pillars to get back to Brittania, sail to Serpent's Hold right next to the bank and actually bank my ore directly from the boat - oh joy! Then the pillars became inactive.
These days my miner can recall, has bonded packies and fighting skills.