• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Blue beetle

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if someone would direct me to a link.... or even just reply telling me the best blue beetle build
just started stage one so I have a long time to plan and consider...
no dumb replies...
all advice welcome

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A friend has one with frenzied ww, rune corruption, and poison. And one same but
with armor ignore instead of frenzied so has more hitpoints.

I have yet to play with one, but am thinking about it for the ability to haul things in certain
situations.

Have seen the two builds above in action and they are impressive and very handy.

I do know that at first level bump, just do resists, hitpoints, and stamina/dex.

Keeps him alive much easier for the next level.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great advice everyone... thank you. I read every link multiple times but it seems like many post were made prior to recent changes.

So for my blue beetle is deemed best to stick with AI/RC/poison? As opposed to those builds that add mortal or goo.
I like the idea of it spamming AI and RC and LP and never running out of mana.

Would anyone offer other advice now that poisoning is fixed?
If Mana is never an issue on the AI/RC/P has anyone tried dropping MR? I assume one of the reasons mana doesn't become problematic is because you have 120 med, 120 focus?

I can hear some already saying..... go test it on test center. Except I just think TC is the biggest hack/cheat in the game. ( just my stupid opinion) but I perfer talking to people who have already experienced what I am doing and asking advice..... society lasted for 10 millennia without a TC. ( sorry my pet peeve).

Hey thanks everyone... this has definitely made the gring to gm wrestling tact and anat possible.

Now to find a tank

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I assume one of the reasons mana doesn't become problematic is because you have 120 med, 120 focus?
the reason why mana never is a problem is actually a combination of things:
1. giant beetles don't have any unnecessary abilities that drain their mana (like the cu sidhe's bleed or dragon breath on other creatues)
2. giant beetles have innate 500 int which has an effect on mana regeneration that far outweighs the mana regeneration you can put on your pet on top of this
3. having 120 med and focus and 30 mr absolutely helps with this as well

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So does the new true GM Poisoning give any inherent poison resist?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So does the new true GM Poisoning give any inherent poison resist?
Adding poison is determined by what you want to fight. If the target can not be poisoned, the beetle could have used AI or RC instead.

They have plenty of points, you don't need to skimp on mana regen.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
if someone would direct me to a link.... or even just reply telling me the best blue beetle build
just started stage one so I have a long time to plan and consider...
no dumb replies...
all advice welcome
I guess first thing I would ask is, what is your playstyle? Will this guy be used to farm or be used at group content? We build our group content beetles different than a solo beetle would be built. But most beetles tend to focus around RC and then AI and Poisoning if that is what you desire.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seriously All your advice has been amazing. I can say I fully trained my first beetle today. I still have to work up the skills and I will be a while...
I went with:
7x120
AI/RC/Poi
hp 820
stam/dex 150
Str 648
80/80/80/45/80

spent 4 hrs this morning training up wrest/tact/anat to GM.
Got friend with cu to tank crazed mages.
this took probably 90 mins to get through lvl1
after i added HP and resists, he had no issue with the crazed mage or the uev.
Finished all training and point allocation by 6 pm.

Now the slow grind to 7x120

advice on that feat will be greatly appreciated.... lol

Gardo

Journeyman
Skilling your beetle will be no big deal. Hit a shadow elemental within 25 skill points of your beetle’s skill and it will raise like crazy. If you can disco everyone involved it will speed up the process a lot. Resisting spells is easy in old haven with the spellbinders. Grab eight of them, tell beetle to stop and stay and watch it raise. Again if you can disco, it will go even faster. Finally after you get resisting spells raised, you can just let the spellbinders take your parrying up (or grab a bunch of skeletons and zombies) Can’t be disco’ed for parrying gains. Again, stop and stay and watch it gain. It’s pretty easy skilling. You’ll be fine. Good luck!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yup the hard part is done. Now go kill stuff!

Why are the Likes backwards?

upload_2019-3-31_23-59-44.png

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I guess first thing I would ask is, what is your playstyle? Will this guy be used to farm or be used at group content? We build our group content beetles different than a solo beetle would be built. But most beetles tend to focus around RC and then AI and Poisoning if that is what you desire.
I believe I might not be the only one who is curious about the two builds. Could you provide a little more detail?

I have been using a scrolled out 5 slot giant beetle with rc,ai, and poisoning from day 1 of the taming revamp and still use it quite regularly today. I have been looking at it every now and then and I think the only thing I would do differently today would be giving it less than 20 stamina regeneration (back then I feared that they might fix stamina regen to require more than 5-10 somewhere down the line). I use this for solo stuff but most of all for group hunting because rc simply helps everyone.