• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Blood Tiles from Evil Mage Camps

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Hi there,

since i came back to UO a couple of months ago after a little bit off time i needed (only 7 years..lol), i was wondering what happend to the Evil Mage Camps that used to spawn Blood Tiles under the altar - i remember camping them for the Blood Tiles way back in 2001-2002 as i was collecting rares (which i still do) at Wrong Entrance Fel - and i was lucky to get 2 of them that i still have.

And since i yesterday was lucky enough to get a keep right down south of the Wrong entrance next to the ocean, and just moving all my stuff there, i have 2 questions, the second one is the most important for me:

- Do the camps still spawn, not only at the Wrong open Area but also X-Roads and T2A were they did before?

- Is it FINE to lock down Blood Tiles in my keep even it is in the exact same area the mage camps spawn(ed) AND I LOOTED THEM about 10-11 years ago, or will they, if any camp spawns, dissapear with the camp after the 15 mins timer like they did in the past?

Txs for any informations you have - all i found yet on the net are some posts from back in 2009 about if they still spawn and it seemed like they did that time back...

Since i live now there, i will surely monitor the area - yet as i was moving stuff there i stumbled across the occ. Sheperd spawn, bulls but nothing else...but if i see a camp i will let everyone know for sure...

Joe

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To the best of my knowledge, the blood tiles are no longer obtainable. As far as them disappearing, if you have partial camps that spawn, I've heard it messing with stuff in your house, not just what is in the spawn. I don't live near spawning camps, but I've had mine locked down forever with zero issues. If for some reason you lose them, the nice thing is that they are a fairly inexpensive item. You can usually find them for 5m or less each.

Good luck

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Hi Assia,

txs alot for your respond.

The Keep is some 5 screens away from the old spawn thats what i know 100% - if the evil mage camps do not spawnanymore, there shouldnt be any mess with Blood Tiles disapearing anyway, or do you mean they could also be in danger if a different camp spawns, like the Sheppered that spawns only 1 screen away from my Keep? I just saw her spawn invited her to my keep but she responded she has to have an eye on her sheep because of the occ. gargoyle running around there ;)

On Pac there are not that much Blood Tiles for sale, and the gold wouldnt be the problem, its just a sentimental thing - this 2 Blood Tiles are my oldest Rares i own besides the old anniversary and holiday items and stuff i have from 1998, 1999 - so i dont want to lose them ;)

BTW, we know each other from the past, i bought an open book, a broken chair and silverware from you back in the past besides other items - this is Ron Silverbeard ;) Nice to see you still on UO...you still on Pac?

Kind regards