• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Blog problems

G

So lately I have not been able to connect to the blog from school. if I go home and try to connect, I can, but at school I get "There was an error connecting to the server. Please check to see if you are online blah blah blah"

I know I am online because I can go to any other site I want to, but not the blog.

Any ideas why?

G

Could your school/work be blocking the site? Could your school/work have a firewall in place to block that site?

G

It would be weird if they did because they don't really block any other sites.

G

Yea Im on a college network so I essentially live here. It's saddening :/

G

Me neither, maybe its a similar issue as we had recently where certain parts of the world weren't able to connect.

Polly

G

Fwiw, the News section on the main page of stratics is reposting the blog entries.

I know it isn't the same thing as being able to read the original and comment. But maybe it will tide you over until you can access the blog:

http://sims.stratics.com

I put the rss feed of the blog on my Google home page. Using something like a Reader, iGoogle or a blog subscription manager might also be a workaround for those without direct access.