• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Blocked recall rune to home(s)

W

Wynne

I had not played for a while, when I returned I wished to make runebooks for all characters with runes to various homes. Two of the marked runes are blocked by a tree (I assume). I also noted that older marked runes recall me closer to the house; the newer marked ones recall me further away and thus those two are blocked.

If the recalling further away is to fix the old bug where gates get destroyed within a few seconds due to them being too close to the foundation, well, the fix introduced another bug.

I paged an in game GM and was told to fill out a bug report. I did (I only knew that one house was blocked at that time), and reported the problem with the one house rune, giving coordinates and the information that the recall spot is directly in the middle of a tree and thus I cannot recall to the house and cannot mark inside the house to get the nice facet/home name/and the fact that the rune goes to a house. Almost two weeks without any fix nor information on any plans for a fix. This was my first experience with an in game GM not being able to help me. I have not had to call for assistance many times (maybe five total in my years of playing), and each time the problem was resolved immediately.

Is it possible to do a fix to runes marking that one can 'specify' when marking in a house, where you want the rune to put you? Perhaps a choice of three options along the front of the foundation; at least one might not be blocked.

One of these houses is to become a vendor house and I would greatly like to have the name on the rune without having to change the name of the rune, and I would like to have the [house] in the rune so that people feel safer visiting the spot.

Bomb Bloke

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When KR was being developed, a lot of changes were made to the maps and a lot of runes got broken as a result.

Runes marked since those map changes should be ok. Mark again and you shouldn't see problems.

W

Wynne

Unfortunately these are all newly marked runes, and two of them are blocked. :( I do hope that it is addressed by the bug team. I did not receive an answer to the bug report, nor a fix so I hoped posting here might bring it to Jeremy's attention.

Thanks for the response and the answer!

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unfortunately these are all newly marked runes, and two of them are blocked.
sometimes it is only an animal, a spawn chest, a NPC or similar deciding to rest on your spot.
Did you mark the runes from inside the house?
This may be a reason, since those are not always reliable hit a free spot.
The only thing I dont understand, is why this blocking even must be. System could be intelligent enough, to select a free spot around.
*Salute*
Olahorand

Beefybone

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know why they don't just have it dump people under the house sign, or one step next to it. In the meantime, just mark standing outside the house.

L

Ladro9hands

I don't know for sure but this sounds related to a problem I experienced recently. I was taking a ship around and marking runes to all the islands and I marked 4 runes for the bank at Buc's Den. Later, when I tried to use one I kept getting the msg that it was blocked. Luckily I marked 2 on one spot and the 2 others just one step away so I tried one of those. When I arrived there was nothing nearby to have even been blocking the spot. I tried the same rune again since no one (or nothing) was around to block it and I got the same msg again.
I just wrote it off as a one-time random fluke but now I think I should have reported it.

W

Wynne

I don't know for sure but this sounds related to a problem I experienced recently. I was taking a ship around and marking runes to all the islands and I marked 4 runes for the bank at Buc's Den. Later, when I tried to use one I kept getting the msg that it was blocked. Luckily I marked 2 on one spot and the 2 others just one step away so I tried one of those. When I arrived there was nothing nearby to have even been blocking the spot. I tried the same rune again since no one (or nothing) was around to block it and I got the same msg again.
I just wrote it off as a one-time random fluke but now I think I should have reported it.
It might be related, if you can replicate it, please do consider reporting it to bugs. I need to also go report the second blocked home.

a slave girl

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It might be related, if you can replicate it, please do consider reporting it to bugs. I need to also go report the second blocked home.

A hidden player can and might be blocking your rune. Tracking is a useful skill to have.

For a vendor house it's not really wise to have all runes marked for the same spot. One player recalls to that spot, begins to shop and never moves and thus blocks anyone else who tries to recall to that same spot.

Much better to mark various spots around the front of your vendor house.

Type the name you want on the runes and then simply use control + Q to copy the name to each rune one at a time.

It may not reflect to all that they are recalling to a 'home' but it's much better for allowing more than one customer at a time to recall in to your shop.