• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[BUG] Blocked by invisible boundaries?

jtw1984

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is a strange bug. I couldn't find another thread about this so I thought I would ask everyone. This bug has happened to me 3 times.

The first time was running up a multi-story house. I ran up and down from roof to ground about 3 times. Then when I came back into the house I could not run past the 2nd set of stairs. There was an invisible wall there. I logged out and back in and that fixed the problem.

Second time, I just got done raiding some people in Despise. I left through the Star Room and came back in about 10 minutes. As I was running down into the champ area the invisible wall reappeared right as I entered the champ area. I could not run past it. I tried teleporting but I kept getting "The target cannot be seen."

So whats the deal? Anyone else experience this?

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have experienced something very similar, but both instances were outside. Once near Homare gate and another time in Heartwood. At first I thought there was a hidden person there and since my stam was low, I couldn't push thru, but detect didn't reveal anyone and red pots didn't allow me to pass either.

I couldn't begin to guess what might be causing this.

Wulf2k

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is it maybe similar to the old 2D issue where you're not where you think you are?

The one that opening the paperdoll fixed.

jtw1984

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No its strange, you are where you think you are. Logging out and back in fixes the problem, but it's strange. It happens to me at least once every night playing new client. Since UOA is fubared I decided to go new client. Which I actually enjoy. Besides the crashes once every thirty minutes. lol

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
instead of logging out and back in try going to menu (escape)then options (thats what i do)and then hitting apply without making changes this fixes most problems for me (especialy losing sound when hitting windows key and coming back)

jtw1984

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
An update:

This happened to me again today in an open area. So now I can specify the problem a little more.

I'm ignorant at programming so just follow me. lol

The game environment seems to be broken down into tiles that seem to be in game 8 steps by 8 steps.

When I get stuck it only effects this one tile. As long as I can walk around the tile and enter from a different way everything is fine.

However, if there are walls or boundaries blocking each side of the tile then you cannot pass it.

Plus, thanks for the tip. I'll try the options thing.

IanJames

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes I've had this problem. For me it was at the Damwin champ spawn. I couldn't run down the road in one spot, like an invisible wall. I went around the area and could run through from the other direction, North, but couldn't travel the same way south. . . .

D

Doozy

This happened to me today. Bailed from a despise spawn using the destard teleporter. Ran up from level 3 to level 2 then up again to level 1. As i was running towards the enterance to destard i ran into an "invisible wall" and then I got completely stuck. 2 greaters and a regular dragon made quick work of me.

It's similar to what happens at Nix's shop in doom.

Logging will fix it but it's not exactly the most feasible option.

jtw1984

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes. I notice it only happens after playing the client for around 30 minutes.