• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Blizzcon 2008 Dates in October?

E

Eldorian

I've been personally trying to find out any information on Blizzcon 2008 lately so I can try to figure out when I will be taking my vacation this year. First of all, will Blizzcon happen in 2008? Second of all, when will it be?
Blizzcon 2005 was in October. There was no event in 2006. In 2007 the event took place in August (which I had to miss due to one of my best friends weddings). So going off those dates it might seem that Blizzcon is a once every other year event, but I personally don't think that's the case, and here's why.
In 2005 I think Blizzard had planned on making it just the one event and that was that. However, 2006 arrives and people are all abuzz on rather Blizzcon would happen that year. I don't think Blizzard was prepared for the success and demand of the event and didn't have anything planned. Also I think they were primarily focused on finishing up The Burning Crusade and getting their first expansion out of the way.
So due to popular demand, Blizzard brought back the event in 2007 and used it to showcase Starcraft 2 and announce the arrival of their next expansion for WoW - Wrath of the Lich King.
So with WoTLK coming out will we see a repeat of 2006 and have no event? I personally think Blizzard has a LOT more money than they had in 2006 and can surely pull a 2 day large scale event off without affecting their development and production of their new expansion and their new game Starcraft 2. Also it would be a prime time for them to announce their "future unannounced game" (Diablo 3 anyone?).
So with that said, when are the dates? A quick google search has all signs point to October 10-11, 2008 at the Anaheim Convention Center. I'm sure Blizzard probably already has the convention center reserved for the event already if dates have been somewhat leaked. And it also seems some companies are gearing up on the event as well. So I think it's safe to say IF Blizzcon 2008 were to happen this year, look out for mid October for the event to take place. Would this possibly happen to coincide with a near release of WoTLK? Guess only time will tell.
All of this is pure speculation on my part, of course Blizzard hasn't announced anything official yet, so this is still just a rumor, but a very plausible one. At least it allowed me to tentatively get the time off work if I need to. And you can fully expect WoW Stratics to be there in full force reporting on the event for sure!
digg_url = 'http://digg.com/gaming_news/Blizzcon_2008_Date';

More...