• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Blacksmithing] Blew up an item enhancing w Forged Tool .....

Loren

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Reforged a shield with some MR and MI, Luck 110, FC 1. PoF'd it all the way from 28 to 255, Imbued with Spell Channeling (dropping FC 1). Grabbed some gold ingots, activated Forged Metal Tool of Artifacts, enhanced shield with Gold Ingots.

No failure message. Just the usual about "you feel aura return to normal, etc etc". No item destroyed message. But its gone. And I got the message "A charge has been refunded to your Forged Metal of Artifacts Tool".

This is a new one for me.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Yeah, I've never seen that before, and I've made a bunch of 190 luck pieces...

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've had a slightly different problem. I used the tool and got the message about next item will 100% etc etc. then I ended up not using it and lost a charge. I can't remember what I was doing or why I cancelled as it was a while ago but that was annoying.

Loren

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
It was a bronze shield, just chose it at random from the gump. Reforged 4 with the last bit of a Bronze Runic (coincidence) Hammer. Powerful+ 2 Names, + Choosing the Names. I was after LMC and Spellchanneling, maybe a bit of luck, so I chose a few to be Mystic/Auspicious and a few Arcane/Auspicious. One, ended up with the +FC 1 and MR so I said ok. The rest is included above. I was looking in my bag for it, thinking wth, and then I saw the message about a charge refunded...

DJ, unfortunately that is how it works. If you buff up and cancel it, you lose it. I have never gone across a maintenance period holding a charge, but generally it will "stay". You can always check by making the next piece you want to enhance, and click the tool. If you still have buff it will tell you.

I need nothing from my shield slot at the moment, and mage is overcapped on FC, so I made a basic wooden, got 150 on it, imbued spell channeling and eat the FC penalty.

Han Telemnar

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I had some issue with item disappearing. Not sure if it was due to the EC or me using Pinco's. They reappeared in my pack after resurrection from death. Try that.

Caelyr

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
If you've used the tool but not put the 100% effect to use, your next use of the tool will remove its effect from you and return the charge to the tool. The effect seems to stay toggled between logins and even between server reboots. This is something I learnt recently, but had the good fortune of scoring that impossible enhance without the effect of the tool.