• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Blessing or Engravings Rares?

Tangled Metal

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just wanted to open up a discussion to get opinions on the following:

Does Blessing a Rare or EM Event Item devalue it?
Does Engraving a Rare or EM Event Item devalue it?

Of course you can UN-engrave an item, but in general does blessing or engraving take away from the value or add to it?

(edited to a more suitable title)

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just wanted to open up a discussion to get opinions on the following:

Does Blessing a Rare or EM Event Item devalue it?
Does Engraving a Rare or EM Event Item devalue it?

Of course you can UN-engrave an item, but in general does blessing or engraving take away from the value or add to it?

(edited to a more suitable title)
that is a really good question. i wouldnt see either as being an issue IMO...i see the engraving as perhaps a good thing since it adds to the history of that item.

N

Nh'bdy

Engraving can be removed, blessing is really nothing but helpful, and if it's a PBD that can be removed. Imbuing would be the real issue, unless it were something like that imbued painting.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Engraving can be removed, blessing is really nothing but helpful, and if it's a PBD that can be removed. Imbuing would be the real issue, unless it were something like that imbued painting.
gms remove those PBD now if you do not have the original owner present?

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It really depends on what exactly the item is and what is being done to it. Some clothing is worth more unblessed such as the green/blue clothing as it can be used to make other types of clothing. Engraving I haven't tested to see if the removal of the engraving leaves a blank strip in the item description or not. Some things like containers if it can't be fully returned to its original condition might cause some loss of value. As far as imbuing, once an item has been imbued it has a shelf life... granted a really long one if its used regularly, but still a shelf life. I personally prefer unaltered items although I make an exception on my [exceptional] runebook collection for the purposes of organization and the fact I don't plan on getting rid of them unless I was to leave uo which I have no intention of doing.