• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Blackthorn's is empty?

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Is Blackthorn's dungeon spawning correctly on other shards? I just went down there on Chessie, and almost all doors are missing, and there's not a single mob to be found anywhere.

Edit: correction. Found *1* bard; only mob in the entire dungeon.

Brian

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Apparently the lack of mobs is intended, only the Captains are meant to be there, there was a post about it on the other forum.
No idea about the vanishing doors though!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The Captains and their spawn are there.

They took all the Mobs out and will populate in the future. That was the response to complaints about afk farming. If you did captains during the Shrine Battle Arc you have all the Blackthorns items you will need forever. So now there is no need to farm for drops... Well done Devs.

(The captains had no spawn and dropped 3 items each to everyone. If you did not kill the light house fast you could get 8 captains in a city. So 24 drops per city per toon. Now they have spawn but still drop 3 per Captain per toon.)

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor

They took all the Mobs out and will populate in the future. That was the response to complaints about afk farming. If you did captains during the Shrine Battle Arc you have all the Blackthorns items you will need forever. So now there is no need to farm for drops... Well done Devs.

(The captains had no spawn and dropped 3 items each to everyone. If you did not kill the light house fast you could get 8 captains in a city. So 24 drops per city per toon. Now they have spawn but still drop 3 per Captain per toon.)
its not 3 per, it depends on the Cpt, some drop 3 some drop 1.

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Indeed it is very random, 1-3 drops. And 8 captains per city? You mean per phase? First 3, then 6 more, Lighthouse phase 1. 3 more, 6 more, and lighthouse phase 2, then repeat for a total of around 27 captains per Active City Pod. (Though it did not always follow this pattern, we haven't figured out how the changes work.) We regularly got around 72 drops per char per active City Pod. SOMEtimes one of the chars would get an extra drop, could even be 4 when the others would have 3.

Brian, you SAW one Bard, but that doesn't mean there were no others. ;) Them Fencers are sneaky buggers! And Assassins and Rogues also like to hide, though usually their sound gives them away. And with their following restored, that will actually be easier, spotting those! Otherwise, use Thunderstorm to reveal them. :)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ya I just said 8. Didnt want ppl to get mad at getting 72 drops per city per toon. Ill never have to do Blackthorns again.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Surprised they didn't just remove housing to deal with complaints about IDOC scripters if that's how their thought process goes.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
It is sadly empty.
I am missing my friendly arguments with the Balrons there to bring my fame and karma up.
I had to move on to argue with Abscess at Grove for that instead.