• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) Blackthorn's Dungeon - BoE/C00 - 8/16

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
August 16th
Blackthorn's Dungeon
Trammel
8pm-? EST

• We will be fighting the Captains and their remaining forces and then taking out the beacons.
  • We will fight as many rounds until our forces dwindle down.
  • There will be people on hand to rez as needed to get back in quick.
  • Bandages provided to get back fighting.
For the Captains for warriors using a weapon with Hit Lightning or Hit Harm with an AI special move weapon is best for those with the resistance bump and Hit Lightning or Hit Harm with Double Strike special move with the lesser ones. (Thanks CovenantX)

Original Content Information

Invasion forces consist of a Captain and a group of minions.
Minions must be killed off before the Captain becomes vulnerable to attack.
Minion groups are chosen randomly at the beginning of a city invasion and remain persistent for the duration of that City’s invasion.
At the beginning of each city’s invasion a beacon will be built within the city limits.
The objective is to destroy the beacon to end the invasion.
The beacon will only become vulnerable to attack after all of Captains have been killed.
Killing captains, minions, and the beacon can reward the attacker with minor artifacts.
Artifact reward is influenced by luck.

(added date to title)

Last edited:

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
9 Days till hunt. Be sure to keep your calendar clear that evening!

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thank you everyone one who came to the hunt. Plans have been made to do the same next Saturday the 23rd. All are welcome. If you have any insights or tactics on how to kill specific Captn's, please feel free to share. :)

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you everyone one who came to the hunt. Plans have been made to do the same next Saturday the 23rd. All are welcome. If you have any insights or tactics on how to kill specific Captn's, please feel free to share. :)
Wizards: they have the Abyssal Infernal's "burn to a pile of ash" attack, so GET OUT OF THE WAY once you see it.

Rogues: Constantly DP'ing, pretty much a one trick pony. Let Sampires tank - probably the easiest to solo, in my experience.

Fencers: Greaters should tank, I haven't seen them do much to one. They hit players pretty hard though - both my tamer & sampire have 70 phys resist and I've seen 49/57 damage hits (sampire), and last night I got smacked for 77 by a Fencer Captain.

Macers: Greater tanks (with healers, since it won't be doing much melee damage due to the stam loss, and will get hit often) - depending on the group size, have a Rune Beetle there for the poison & armor corruption (Rune Beetles are a much bigger factor if you have a small group, say 2-3 people.)

Bards: They don't take damage from field spells (only direct damage spells - harm, e-bolt, etc), but poison fields will poison them. The poison tics don't do any damage though. They also have the Grizzle's SSI/FC/FCR reduction ability, so have fun.

For the captains that teleport around (I believe it's Sampire Captains), if there's a building around, get them in there, then e-field the entrance. They'll still teleport around, but they have a much smaller area to do it in.