• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Blackthorn Dungeon

zamot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was trying out the Blackthorn Dungeon and have come to the conclusion that the code that warps you to a cell and poisons you is just stupid.
I was killing balrons and mages as a tamer. I would only go invisible to break argo on me and ten would continue healing my pet or telling to it attack something else. I did die 2 times and then shortly after my second resurection I was teleported to a crappy cell and died there. I was already low on health after my second resurection. I was not expecting this and could not cast through the poison damage. ( I forgot to recast protection) So, maybe the code should be looked at, as it seems it is a bit on the stupid side.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was trying out the Blackthorn Dungeon and have come to the conclusion that the code that warps you to a cell and poisons you is just stupid.
I was killing balrons and mages as a tamer. I would only go invisible to break argo on me and ten would continue healing my pet or telling to it attack something else. I did die 2 times and then shortly after my second resurection I was teleported to a crappy cell and died there. I was already low on health after my second resurection. I was not expecting this and could not cast through the poison damage. ( I forgot to recast protection) So, maybe the code should be looked at, as it seems it is a bit on the stupid side.
Anti afk coding from the Devs. I used to put my miner there and kill gold eles with a different toon. Now the miner will get sent to the poison cell if she sits too long.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Post on the official forums.
Request that the Blackthorn dungeon prison transport just be turned off.
If I see people AFK down there, I can drag the greater dragon or balron onto them myself.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The code for the anti-macro stuff in there is broken. I've had characters moving around that get teleported, yet watch others stand there for 10-30 minutes without moving and never get relocated.

That said, I find the people farming the gold eles with a pair of characters, "quaint".

I have a character that's been capable of doing it all by himself for 15 years, because when I created the character (before SE, let alone the introduction of Blackthorn's) I built him with 120 Smith, 100 Mining, 120 Macing, and (with equipment) 90-110 in Chiv, Healing, Parry, Anatomy and Tactics.

He farms his own gold elementals (though sometimes the spawn rate makes it hard to get to every corpse when they start stacking), and can use up a gold smelting talisman in about an hour. He used to farm shadow eles in Tokuno's mine and Orc Brutes in the Tram Orc Mine on a regular basis (and probably needs to start doing them again, if no one's using the Shadow ele for pet training), but now prefers just garg pick mining in Ilshenar (and HOPING to get paragon ore elementals).

And, during the invasion over a decade ago (was it candle or book?) where the lands between Yew and Covetous shrine were overran with ore elementals of all colors, he and his guildmates LED THE CHARGE, cutting huge swaths through the invaders because their templates and gear were optimized for fighting them.

If you're going to farm the golden elementals, you're a LOT better off just to use a dexxer with mining, and do it all on one character - that way you aren't neglecting a character that could be teleported off, and if your one active character is teleported, you're there to run to safety.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sounds like LOADS of fun! :cool:

And people wonder why I hate dungeons so much. hehe

I did some exploring, maybe just before the Halloween stuff started. Just didnt see anything worth-wild to take my tamer in. (Explored with a high level stealthier).

What was interesting... the little circled areas, copies of the towns in Tram. Unpopulated and all. Reminded me of that dimensional void... or whatever it was... when Moonglow was under attack by someone. I wasnt very powerful then, but I remember winning some stuff.

Reminds me of how illogical not invading Luna is. They about destroyed the tram towns with those invasions. I remember some fun times selling pets at the West Brit Bank, like an old school market place. Then they wouldnt stop invading the towns. At least with a parallel dimension, it doesnt really harm the real town.

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
This has sure been discussed before, it should be removed, serves no purpose.

Causes a very, very minor inconvienience for scripters who just script round the code, and is a major pain in the ass for the average adventurous player who wants to have a lil fun down there.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
One of the bubbles is occupied. Check all of them until you find it You used to BE Bubbles. Investigate the bubbles. You know you want to. Save the world before bedtime.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The code for the anti-macro stuff in there is broken. I've had characters moving around that get teleported, yet watch others stand there for 10-30 minutes without moving and never get relocated.

That said, I find the people farming the gold eles with a pair of characters, "quaint".

I have a character that's been capable of doing it all by himself for 15 years, because when I created the character (before SE, let alone the introduction of Blackthorn's) I built him with 120 Smith, 100 Mining, 120 Macing, and (with equipment) 90-110 in Chiv, Healing, Parry, Anatomy and Tactics.

He farms his own gold elementals (though sometimes the spawn rate makes it hard to get to every corpse when they start stacking), and can use up a gold smelting talisman in about an hour. He used to farm shadow eles in Tokuno's mine and Orc Brutes in the Tram Orc Mine on a regular basis (and probably needs to start doing them again, if no one's using the Shadow ele for pet training), but now prefers just garg pick mining in Ilshenar (and HOPING to get paragon ore elementals).

And, during the invasion over a decade ago (was it candle or book?) where the lands between Yew and Covetous shrine were overran with ore elementals of all colors, he and his guildmates LED THE CHARGE, cutting huge swaths through the invaders because their templates and gear were optimized for fighting them.

If you're going to farm the golden elementals, you're a LOT better off just to use a dexxer with mining, and do it all on one character - that way you aren't neglecting a character that could be teleported off, and if your one active character is teleported, you're there to run to safety.
I just use my Tamer with mining and a pimped out fire beetle. works reeeeeeal nice. oh and EC using object handles with auto ignore corpses on works great to get all corpses loted regardless of how many are stacked up