• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Blackthorn dungeon prison room changed

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So there I was hopping and bopping the mages, using weapon specials and bushido movies, running around, ... and I got transported to the prison room!
What's up with that?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Someone on your shard was paged for afk farming so they added that feature.

Caitlyn Snow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Happened to me last week. Was whacking on balrons in the mage room to build fame for regaining my knight in sacrifice (bloody useful for sampire a that virtue). About 5 min I get shot to the prison room.
It’s especially prevalent in the fel blackthorns, which is annoying because I’d much rather get raided than deal with.....
You know what? I’ll stop right there.
:facepalm:

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
There's something VERY wrong with that code.

Earlier this year
Two of us in Blackthorn's actively chatting with each other and with others playing elsewhere on general chat.

I was moving all over the place, avoiding spawn and looting corpses. Only using invis for a split-second to break aggro.
The tamer with me was standing absolutely still, and often invising.

I got moved to the prison TWICE - they never got touched.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Happened to me last week. Was whacking on balrons in the mage room to build fame for regaining my knight in sacrifice (bloody useful for sampire a that virtue). About 5 min I get shot to the prison room.
It’s especially prevalent in the fel blackthorns, which is annoying because I’d much rather get raided than deal with.....
You know what? I’ll stop right there.
:facepalm:
Sucks.. I can feel your pain..

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had to do stuff in RL stuff and parked my char with a pet next to the hitching post below the stairs. When I came back I had the typical timeout logout screen still showing me at the stairs. When I logged back in I was dead in the cell and so was my beetle. I was only parking downstairs because of their stupid code upstairs which dismounts you and auto stables pets. That anti scripter code sure is buggy as hell.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Maybe someone who hasn't been banned (yet) from the Official Forum could give some constructive suggestions there about this omelet.

The prison room isn't really needed. Someone who's offended by "scripters" can pull the balron or the greater dragon onto them.

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Any scripter worth his salt would just work around this anti-scripting effort anyway!

It baffles me that the devs don't already know this.

A small example if you will:

Is my character in a cell?
Yes? - Recall out

It's that easy.

The average joe who just pops to the toilet comes back to his corpse. The scripter comes back to his character safely at an alternate recall location.

And with the corrupted crystal portals, you know how easy it could be to get yourself recalled back to Blackthorns and 'hand-railed' back to your farming spot? It would take very little effort.

In a nutshell, the anti-script thing is mostly pointless.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
there is already a script out there that will recall you out and use the portal to get you back then rail you to your spot and it was already in use BEFORE they brought out this prison room.
so their fix was already worthless before they started using it.

SlayerofBunnys

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The prison teleport just happened to me at the gold eles. The odder thing was that I either lost conn or was kicked about a minute before the teleport, logged back in, was trying to figure out which bodies I had to loot since the logging causes even the looted corpses to appear and then was in the cell. At first I was trying to fight the bandits when I realized that I was supposed to open the cell door or recall out. Got back and to add insult to injury my first smelt attempt failed even with 105 mining....

The last time I was imprisoned was when my guild had a polar bear trapped in our keep to gain parry. How times have changed.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
all the devs need to do is remove the drops from all monsters except the main generals/mobs. should have to earn the drops not sit there and kill, whether afk/script or not.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The prison teleport just happened to me at the gold eles. The odder thing was that I either lost conn or was kicked about a minute before the teleport, logged back in, was trying to figure out which bodies I had to loot since the logging causes even the looted corpses to appear and then was in the cell. At first I was trying to fight the bandits when I realized that I was supposed to open the cell door or recall out. Got back and to add insult to injury my first smelt attempt failed even with 105 mining....

The last time I was imprisoned was when my guild had a polar bear trapped in our keep to gain parry. How times have changed.
Blackthorn's is the reason why the gold smelting talisman is the only one worth getting on a regular basis. I can use one up completely in an hour there, and the point cost is relatively cheap (can get them turning in a single exceptional iron LBOD, or even some of the normals)

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well omelet.
Being transported to the prison also dismounts about a third of the time.

leloyon

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I don't understand why, if they're that concerned with scripting, to just ban scripters. A scripter dies in the prison room, then what? He gets res'd and goes on his merry little way, back to scripting. This system is only an annoyance to those who legitimately play the game. For a scripter, It's just a minor inconvenience. I guess the devs really need that monthly-fee money.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't understand why, if they're that concerned with scripting, to just ban scripters. A scripter dies in the prison room, then what? He gets res'd and goes on his merry little way, back to scripting. This system is only an annoyance to those who legitimately play the game. For a scripter, It's just a minor inconvenience. I guess the devs really need that monthly-fee money.

Preach it Brother!

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is it just me, or did the drops get halved recently?

Before: was six drops per hour, got cut to three.

Now: I got a drop at the 40 minute mark, implying that the drop rate is now three drops every two hours, i.e. grind got way grindier? Or maybe I had REALLY bad luck with random number generator?

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hey. On the bright side of things, I didn't get sent to the prison room in those 40 minutes.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Really bad luck with random number generator then.

Tried both facets. Got an item in 20 minutes, and at 21 minutes got sent to the prison room.